• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three-Branched Timeline Split Explanations

L

Lightspeed

Hello Folks,

I'm new here and I want to add something to this discussion. Please forgive me my bad english because I'm from germany.

Well. A German youtuber noticed something in the timeline and especially on one certain Zeldagame that isn't OoT.
But before I came to the theory, there are some points in this Theory that you have confirm with:

1. The countenance between Adult Link and Ganon(dorf) is necessary.
2. The Timetravel between Child & Adult Link has no influence to the 3 timelines. (Meaning that one found item doesn't create another timeline, because it was only a game-play decision.
3. Every event except the Keyevent between Link and Ganon are identical.

But how you can put all this together? How can you bend it without losing the continuity of all three timelines?

You assume that all timesplits are setted in OoT. But why? Couldn't the timesplit takes place somewehere before?
We have to go back to Skyward Sword.
There is a subtle timesplit which could be overlooked easily.
It happend to the very end of the game, after Link asked the Triforce for a wish.
Phai advice Link to wish the destruction of Demise. After his wish he fights Demise and kill him. Because of his wish we have to assume that he is totally destroyed. No power is afaik stronger than the power of the Triforce. And least no power of the Mortal World.

Until this point everything is logical, isn't it?

So now:
Ghirahim kidnaps Zelda and travel back to the past do resurrect Demise. After that and the second (first) battle against Demise, he tells that his curse will haunt their descendants. Even his incarnation will haunt him.
After he vanished into the Mastersword Phai tells that he is successfully banned into the mastersword.

On this place Phai's statement differs completly.

After Demise second fight the timeline splits.
While Demise is destroyed in the present by the power of the Triforce, the past Demise was never affected by this wish because in the Past the triforce never resived this wish.
There is one Timeline where Demise is destroyed and his essence will never apear again in Hyrule. This is the Timeline where Link kills Ganon. This are the two known timelines.
But we have also the timeline where Demise's essence is only sealed away and still there in the world of hyrule. In this timeline Ganon isn't just the only born male Gerudo thief, he is also the incarnation of Demise with his power. This is also the only Ganon who corrupted the SR.

Here is the YT-Video to the theory. But it's only on german. Excuse me for that. :(
[video=youtube;jz-eAFCc5UQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jz-eAFCc5UQ[/video]

P.S.: I hope you could understand my theory. ^^°

I honestly think the implication of OoT's time travel now is that everytime Link dropped and retrieved the Master Sword a new timeline was created but out of the virtually infinite timelines that a player could have created in OoT only three of these timelines have canon games on them. This seems logical as it is virtually a cop-out (Yes I did come up with this infinite split idea after listening to Axel rant about the HH timeline being illogical) and allows Nintendo to do literally anything with future games and attempts (with an epic fail) to appease timeline theorists into just enjoying the games (something I don't believe will ever happen) just my take. I don't have any evidence other than seeing as they Deus Ex'd the Hero's Defeat into the timeline with HH and this Infinite Split theory would allow them to do this again later with a little less fuss. Just wait a few years when Skyward Sword has two split timelines, and Oracle of Ages will branch into 3 timelines. I'm kidding but assuming it's now possible to say that time could be split in any game using time travel.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Two reasons i disagree with this, one because if you were right there would be 4 splits, and oviously there arent, i take it as him putting the sword in and out isnt changing the timeline at all, only the song of time did, seclond the translation by Glitterberri out of HH says "The hero is defeated," wich hints at him being physicly in the timeline to be defeated. Also the sages would never had to be woken up, leaving nobody to seal Ganon, although i hate the fact that they put a stupid split were it has no relevance to the other two splits, its true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom