• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Thoughts on Zelda: Twilight Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking with my friend today about Twilight Princess and how I love the graphics. But then she and I got into a huge argument about if it's a good game or not. She kept comparing it to Wind Waker, which is my least favorite Zelda game, saying how it's originality was terrible, and the dungeons taking too long. She also didn't like any of the characters, saying Midna was a bad sidekick since she doesn't give monster info, Zant being a typical bad guy, and Ganondorf not having any character development. I personally LOVED the music and enjoyed the gameplay, especially since Link could turn into a wolf, allowing you to explore new hard-to-reach areas with a new experience. I also loved how you got Epona basically from the get-go, and the new creation of the grass whistles. Midna is my favorite sidekick, and has a wonderful character development through out the game. (Although Zelda just sits in the castle doing nothing...) And the length of the dungeons are decent. I found them more fun, because I like puzzles, especially long ones. So, now ending this long beginning, what do you guys think about the game? Did you like it as much as I did, or despise it as much as my friend?

~LPZeldaGamer

P.S. DON'T FLAME THE GAME, JUST STATE YOUR OWN OPINION NICELY. Thank you.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
It was my first Zelda game that I owned... but it is most likely not my favorite. Unlike you, I liked WW a lot. TP was trying to catch a ride on the amazingness of OoT. Wether it worked or not is a personal opinion. TP and WW were the only games that I got into emotionally. I think I felt the most connection with them, thus making me enjoy TP and WW more.

I think Nintendo took a lot of risks with Twilight Princess. In general it was not my favorite, if only because the story took forever to get going, and for the first time in a Zelda series, I really didn't care that much about any of the characters. I appreciated that they were trying to bring in some character development with the sidekick, however Midna's whole attitude really grated on my nerves (although I suppose that could be blamed on my own opinion, rather than a fault of the game).

The style was completely unlike any other Zelda game, and the concept of having Link transform into a wolf was entirely new and creatively executed. The visuals were lovingly done (although I'm not a fan of overly dark games - again, my opinion) and the graphics were definitely up there in terms of quality. From a technical standpoint, Twilight Princess was an excellent game. It was just so different that I think a lot of fans felt a little alienated by all the changes. I count myself among them.

I think Nintendo took a lot of risks with Twilight Princess. In general it was not my favorite, if only because the story took forever to get going, and for the first time in a Zelda series, I really didn't care that much about any of the characters. I appreciated that they were trying to bring in some character development with the sidekick, however Midna's whole attitude really grated on my nerves (although I suppose that could be blamed on my own opinion, rather than a fault of the game).

The style was completely unlike any other Zelda game, and the concept of having Link transform into a wolf was entirely new and creatively executed. The visuals were lovingly done (although I'm not a fan of overly dark games - again, my opinion) and the graphics were definitely up there in terms of quality. From a technical standpoint, Twilight Princess was an excellent game. It was just so different that I think a lot of fans felt a little alienated by all the changes. I count myself among them.

Thank you for your honest and kind opinion. I have been a Zelda fan since I was 4, when I played my first Zelda game. I felt that the point of Twilight Princess was to bring back some kind of remake of Ocarina of Time, with the music especially. And the dungeons! They were in similar places as OoT. And for that, I absolutely adored the game. The graphics were amazing (In my opinion) and showed the realistic side of Zelda. I think that's why I like the game so much. And again, thanks for pointing out your thoughts on Midna and and the "dark" graphic-feel. I appreciate it.

~LPZeldaGamer

I love Twilight Princess. My one and only gripe about it is something that many fans of the game are in love with, and that's turning into a wolf. It makes me feel like a furry to play a game where you go from a human to a wolf. I dunno, maybe that's just me. It's not my thing. But as far as gameplay, storyline, music, character development-- I thought it was all done very well. It was a great game.

I love Twilight Princess. My one and only gripe about it is something that many fans of the game are in love with, and that's turning into a wolf. It makes me feel like a furry to play a game where you go from a human to a wolf. I dunno, maybe that's just me. It's not my thing. But as far as gameplay, storyline, music, character development-- I thought it was all done very well. It was a great game.
Really? I thought being able to become a wolf was great! But in the beginning, it bothered me how you were forced, and could only become human by getting rid of the twilight...

I was a definite Zelda veteran before I played Twilight Princess and really loved it! I loved the graphics despite of what people said and the gameplay was awesome! Nothing is going to change my mind about it!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Maybe it's because I'm an OoT fangirl, but I absolutely LOVE Twilight Princess. It *did* capture a lot of the things I loved about OoT, and at the same time it brought new things, like the wolf. I thought Midna was fun and entertaining, I enjoyed the temples, the huge and beautiful world, especially Zora's domain - nothing gets more beautiful than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom