• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on the Pyromania *Meet the Pyro Update*

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
So in the last couple days Valve Software finally released the in my words "Highly Over-anticipated" Meet the Pyro. So now what I want to know is what do you think of the update weapons and the Meet the Pyro video. I honestly think the meet the pyro video was very bad... I hated the "pyroland" weapons and the ability to be in pyroland. The only good part of meet the pyro is the comment flamewar about Gabe "Gaben" Newell and the pyro either being a "Brony" or not. Lastly I think the best weapon added was the Baby Face's Blaster for Scout. So those are my thoughts what are your?

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Meet The Pyro

This is for all the Team Fortress 2 Fans out there! Valve finally got it together and created the final "Meet The Team" film and is available for all to see.

For those of you who have no idea what this is, Team Fortress 2 is a free MMO played through steam. TF2 is a first person shooter where the player is presented with nine classes to choose from and goes head to head with the opposing team. In order to market the game while it was still being sold for profit, Valve created a series of shorts that introduced the player to the various classes.

But for many years, one of these shorts was vacant. Valve recently released this film titled "Meet The Pyro," as well as Source Film Maker, the program used to make all of the movies. So here is the Pyro for you to enjoy!

[video=youtube;WUhOnX8qt3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Who would've thought that was behind the cruel arsonist's mask? Share your thoughts!

Fig

The Altruist
I love Team Fortress 2! It's about time they show "Meet the Pyro"! ^^

My Personal Favorites are "Meet the Scout" and "Meet the Spy"! Thanks for posting this awesome thread! ^^ \^~^/

Dan

I thought it was great :D
Not as humorous as the previous two, but I loved the whole dreamy sequence. ^^
I think maybe one more video could be made, meet the team would be fun. I love the work, humour, characteristics, that goes into these short clips.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The video was awesome! At first, I was sort of expecting a reveal as to who the Pyro was, but that would have killed the fun of TF2. It certainly does bring to light how the Pyro can kill everything with no remorse whatsoever.

Now, as for the Pyrovision goggles, those certainly bring true insanity into TF2, turning it from a fun, lighthearted shooter into something completely sick and twisted but still humorous. :P

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
This is now my favorite "Meet the Team" video. I did know the song before the vid and was like "The vids that show this song are going to be swarmed with TF2 fans forever." I really enjoyed it and did anyone notice it said Optical Mask on Pyro's Gas Mask?

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
(Whoa, two threads merged!)
Anyway, yes, I believe they wanted you to notice that it said OPTICAL MASK on the Pyro's Mask. It hints that those fantasies don't belong to the pyro, that he's being forced to see them and actually believes they are real.

The Pyrovision Goggles are now an in-game item as well. Equip them, and you can see the Valve-made maps through the pyro's eyes. To me, it looks like someone took My Little Pony and mixed it with TF2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom