• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts On The New Megas?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Which ones do you like? Which ones do you dislike?

For simplicity's sake, Legendary Megas have been left off of the following list.
Mega Beedrill:
015-m.png

Adaptability

HP- 65
Attack- 150
Defense- 40
Special Attack- 15
Special Defense- 80
Speed- 145

Mega Pidgeot:
018-m.png

No Guard

HP- 83
Attack- 80
Defense- 80
Special Attack- 135
Special Defense- 80
Speed- 121

Mega Slowbro:
080-m.png

Shell Armor

HP- 95
Attack- 75
Defense- 180
Special Attack- 130
Special Defense- 80
Speed- 30

Mega Steelix:
208-m.png

Sand Force

HP- 75
Attack- 125
Defense- 230
Special Attack- 55
Special Defense- 95
Speed- 30

Mega Sceptile:
254-m.png

Lightingrod

HP- 70
Attack- 110
Defense-75
Special Attack- 145
Special Defense- 85
Speed- 145

Mega Swampert:
260-m.png

Swift Swim

HP- 100
Attack- 150
Defense-110
Special Attack- 95
Special Defense- 110
Speed- 70

Mega Sableye:
302-m.png

Magic Bounce

HP- 50
Attack- 85
Defense-125
Special Attack- 85
Special Defense- 115
Speed- 20

Mega Sharpedo:
319-m.png

Strong Jaw

HP- 70
Attack- 140
Defense-70
Special Attack- 110
Special Defense- 63
Speed- 105

Mega Camerupt:
323-m.png

Sheer Force

HP- 70
Attack- 120
Defense-100
Special Attack- 140
Special Defense- 105
Speed- 20

Mega Altaria:
334-m.png

Pixillate

HP- 75
Attack- 110
Defense-110
Special Attack- 110
Special Defense- 105
Speed- 80

Mega Glalie:
362-m.png

Refrigerate

HP- 80
Attack- 120
Defense-80
Special Attack- 120
Special Defense- 80
Speed- 100

Mega Salamence:
373-m.png

Aerilate

HP- 95
Attack- 145
Defense-130
Special Attack- 120
Special Defense- 90
Speed- 120

Mega Metagross:
376-m.png

Tough Claws

HP- 80
Attack- 145
Defense-150
Special Attack- 105
Special Defense- 110
Speed- 110

Mega Lopunny:
428-m.png

Scrappy

HP- 65
Attack- 136
Defense-94
Special Attack- 54
Special Defense- 96
Speed- 135

Mega Gallade:
475-m.png

Inner Focus

HP- 68
Attack- 165
Defense-95
Special Attack- 65
Special Defense- 115
Speed- 110

Mega Audino:
531-m.png

Healer

HP- 103
Attack- 60
Defense-126
Special Attack- 80
Special Defense- 126
Speed- 50

5000 posts yee haw

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I love the megagross Literally an awesome thing, Mega Swampert is good for being a mini wall, you can just sit there and take some hits, Mega Sceptile is good for damage, been using him to gather legends.

I like the megas that made the most useless pokemon viable like Mega Beedrill and Mega pidgeot. There wasn't any mega I especially hated but they could have made cooler design on some of them like mega slowbro and mega salamance.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Design wise, I like most of them, with the exceptions of Mega Slowbro, Mega Altaria, Mega Glalie and Mega Salamence (Shame that they ruined the design of one of my favourite Pokemon :c). I find those ones just look weird, and I especially can't take Mega Slowbro seriously.

I do like that they made essentially worthless Pokemon useful, but it sucks that they're only useful if you don't use your Mega evolution on a different Pokemon. Though they are good, I consider them a waste of a potentially awesome Mega Evolution, so I would never personally use them.

Overall though, I'm happy with the new megas. Even if I don't like the designs, the stats, especially those of Megamence, make up for it. My favourite Mega is probably Mega Sceptile, because Mega Sceptile EV trained with perfect attack and perfect speed just tears **** apart.

Am I the only one that actually really likes Pidgeot? Ah, well, I tend to have a taste for Pokemon most gamers don't really like. Is that a mark of an amateur, or...?

I'm pretty excited about the new Megas. Altogether, I either really like them or can laugh at them, which can be said of the designs of most Pokemon. But, man, Mega Swampert... Mudkip will always be my favorite. It was actually my first Pokemon, chosen as my starter in the original Sapphire (I was, what, six?). I loved X, and I'm crazy excited to get my hands on Alpha Sapphire. So, yeah, I love the Mega Swampert with a passion. It's not too dramatic, but it's a healthy step up from Swampert (which some Mega Evols don't do - I actually don't like Mega Charizard, simply because it takes things a bit too far for my liking, although I'd love the color scheme on a separate Pokemon), and the stats look pretty good. So, uh, yea. Excited.

But yea, Ezlo, I think they went the wrong way with Mega Salamence. For the most part, I'm just giggling like a maniac at Mega Slowbro. What were they THINKING?

octorok74

TETTAC
Man, that Mega Beedrill looks so cool. Beedrill is one of my favorite pokemon. I love the design for his mega form and as for the others I don't care, just give me the beedrill.

Wilton

Hello world!
Mega Swampert is Wilton's favorite Mega out of the new ones. It is very nice to have its speed increase with the rain. Sceptile was a disappointment to Wilton though, with its poor combination of elements.

When Wilton heard there would be coming new Megas in ORAS he was hoping for a Mega Hariyama. That would have just been completely epic!

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
My faves have got to be Mega Audino and Mega Sableye. I always did love Sableye myself. And Mega Audino looks like she has ruby eyes :D.

I'm not fond of Mega Sharpedo or Mega Pidgeot. Sharpedo looks like an awkward car and Pidgeot doesn't have much use for me. (To note though, how do you pronounce Pidgeot? Is it like idiot and Pidgy put together? I'm sorry I've always read it that way and finally someone laughed about it :oops:).

megabro just looks like an icecream cone.

That's what I was thinking :p.

Pen

The game is on!
(To note though, how do you pronounce Pidgeot? Is it like idiot and Pidgy put together? I'm sorry I've always read it that way and finally someone laughed about it :oops:).

I pronounce it more like Pidg-ot (like without that middle e sound). If I'm not mistaken, that's how they pronounce it in the anime. ^^ I could be completely wrong though, so don't take my word for it.

And for the record, my favourites out of the new Mega evolutions are probably Mega Altaria and Mega Steelix. :)

I absolutely love Mega Gallade. I've gotten alot further with the Battle Maison because of how much of a buff Mega Gallade got. His design is really cool and overall I think he is one of the best Megas out there. Apart from Mega Metagross which by the way is really good, I haven't really tried any of the others yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom