• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Thoughts On The New Characters?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Do you mind elaborating on that sentence, because I have no idea what you mean by that. Are you saying Young Link has been added to Legend Mode? Because I can't see him anywhere.

The VS Legend skill that can be put on weapons by unlocking a 2000 KO seal. It increases damage against Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and now Young Link. Twili Midna was added to the VS Twilight skill as well, but I have no idea about Tingle.

Fig

The Altruist
I personally am enjoying the new characters for the Majora's Mask DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors. I'm really loving Young Link and how adorable and epic on how he plays. And while Tingle is a character that I can get weirded out depending on the context I see him in, I can't argue the fact that he does bring in something unique into the game. As for those that are having a difficult time with the Termina map, you will need to have warriors that are capable are surviving the Twilight map first. Because of this, you will need to grind your warriors' levels and badges to the fullest as you can, at least to my experience.

Fig

The Altruist
Why does Young Link use his sword with two hands in Hyrule Warriors but one hand in every other LoZ game?

This is probably just to signify that Young Link is well...still young despite this is the Young Link from Majora's Mask as account of him able to wear several masks from Majora's Mask. If that's not the case, well the only logic that can exist is Nintendo Logic.

This is probably just to signify that Young Link is well...still young despite this is the Young Link from Majora's Mask as account of him able to wear several masks from Majora's Mask. If that's not the case, well the only logic that can exist is Nintendo Logic.
In MM Link uses one hand for all 3 basic swords (kokori, Razor, gold guilded) and only 2 hands for the fairy giant sword. The masks show he's from MM. But the 2 handed thing in Hyrule Warriors still does not add up. It's something unique to Hyrule Warriors.

Fig

The Altruist
In MM Link uses one hand for all 3 basic swords (kokori, Razor, gold guilded) and only 2 hands for the fairy giant sword. The masks show he's from MM. But the 2 handed thing in Hyrule Warriors still does not add up. It's something unique to Hyrule Warriors.

Now that I think about it, this probably has to do with the weapon that Young Link wields which is the Fierce Deity Mask, Furious Deity Mask, and Vengeful Deity Mask. When examining the weapon card, it is the Fierce Deity sword that is the base of the weapon so maybe that's why Young Link wields his sword with both hands.

Now that I think about it, this probably has to do with the weapon that Young Link wields which is the Fierce Deity Mask, Furious Deity Mask, and Vengeful Deity Mask. When examining the weapon card, it is the Fierce Deity sword that is the base of the weapon so maybe that's why Young Link wields his sword with both hands.

It does make some sense on why Young Link carries his sword with two hands in this game. It's just so he can match up how Fierce Deity Link holds the sword.

Tbh, I thought Young Link looks cool and adorable holding his sword that way. :P

Reactions: Fig

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I understand they made Young Link hold the Kokiri Sword with two hands because Fierce Deity does, but they could have at least given Young Link the Great Fairy Sword instead. It's the one weapon from Majora's Mask that Young Link did hold with two hands; he used the Kokiri Sword, Razor Sword and Gilded Sword with just his left hand. Additionally, Young Link lacks a shield in Hyrule Warriors, which would make the most sense if he used the Great Fairy Sword because he couldn't use that and a shield at the same time in Majora's Mask. The Great Fairy Sword also looks really cool...

agreed. They could have done that better. It looks silly to have the Kokiri Sword, something that most people would pick their teeth with really, be used as a two-hander.

I understand they made Young Link hold the Kokiri Sword with two hands because Fierce Deity does, but they could have at least given Young Link the Great Fairy Sword instead. It's the one weapon from Majora's Mask that Young Link did hold with two hands; he used the Kokiri Sword, Razor Sword and Gilded Sword with just his left hand. Additionally, Young Link lacks a shield in Hyrule Warriors, which would make the most sense if he used the Great Fairy Sword because he couldn't use that and a shield at the same time in Majora's Mask. The Great Fairy Sword also looks really cool...

I keep wondering why they didn't let him use the Great Fairy Sword instead of the Kokiri Sword. It'll make a lot more sense if he did use the Great Fairy Sword, but I guess it wouldn't associate with Young Link or something. :/

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Young Link's alright, though I wish some of his moves were slightly better.
I'd like to retract this statement- since I now know how to use him sufficiently.

I don't care for Young Link himself, but I LOVE being Fierce Diety link, and I know how to keep him in the FD mode by using special, so that issue is resolved and he is now one of my favorite characters to play as.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom