• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Thoughts On The New Characters?

Now that the Majora's Mask pack is out in all regions and people have had a chance to play with them, what do you think of the new characters and/or content? I'm liking the new scenarios in the Adventure Mode, they bring a new element to the strategies you employ. Also, I like how some of them allow you to divert enemy captains by attacking keeps.

Young Link, though I find his Strong Attack affect interesting… I don't know. He isn't really impressing me at the moment. Not that he's weak, he's just… somehow not fun to play. His motions look odd and awkward, and his face is a bit "uncanny valley" for my taste. He doesn't seem to fit in with the aesthetic of the rest of the characters.

The unlocked costumes are horrendous. The Era of the Hero of Time outfits just look blocky, disgusting and out of place next to their more modern and well designed counterparts, and Lana's Skull Kid costume just looks stupid. I especially hate how the hat's brim just disappears under the Mask.

So far from what I've seen, I like the new potions and smithy effects, just haven't gotten to use them myself yet.

Imo, Tingle falls more into the uncanny valley because of how creepy he looks, but this is coming from someone who hates him. :P I thought he played okay, but those noises he makes got annoying to me very fast. I highly doubt I'll be playing as him all that much. As for Young Link, the kid is broken as all hell, but I did enjoy playing as him, though. For his appearance, he didn't look that uncanny to me. Like I said already, Tingle definitely falls under that trope more, but that's my opinion.

I do agree that the new costumes just look bad. Both Sheik's & Impa's outfits just look out of place while Lana's made me a bit angry that Skull Kid isn't a playable character.

Overall, I thought the new pack was a bit underwhelming. Only thing I liked about it is Young Link, but this is coming from someone who's a fan of the more younger Links. :P

Oh, trust me. When it comes to Tinglehate, you're preaching to the choir.

As for the treatment of Skull Kid in this DLC… I think I finally figured out the way to articulate how I feel.

Imagine a scenario in which you have a huge crush on someone. Like, you want them in your life so badly, and you think about them all the time. Then, imagine that purely out of spite, someone got ahold of a video of that person involved in a massive act of group… uh… "play time". Everyone getting to have a piece of the person you like in the most deplorable way possible, in a way that essentially destroys your view of that person forever. And all the while you can here Creepy Camera Man Breath.

That's what the DLC did to Skull Kid.

BUT! On the whole, besides the new characters, I actually really like the new Adventure Map and its mechanics. I also like all the unlockable "costumes".

And as for Tingle, I intend to send my opinion to KT in the form of my metrics. I am willing to bet they're keeping track of how often/to what level players are using each character. I want my number to read "0".

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
My review:

1) Termina Map is impossible
2) Young Link is awesome
3) Haven't played as Tingle so I'll update once I've done so.
4) There is no costume for Link. :( Some people have claimed that there is a FD Link costume for Link but that's not true, I checked all the map unlockables.

My review:

1) Termina Map is impossible
2) Young Link is awesome
3) Haven't played as Tingle so I'll update once I've done so.
4) There is no costume for Link. :( Some people have claimed that there is a FD Link costume for Link but that's not true, I checked all the map unlockables.

How is the Map impossible?

These aren't even as hard as Twilight Maps. Plus you can find the Mask of Truth with halves the damage that you take.

Also I've fought against the Fierce Deity Link before, so I know he's there somewhere.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Young Link's alright, though I wish some of his moves were slightly better.

And Tingle is a bag of 'nope'...
I just, overall, don't care for him as a HW character.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Tingle's noises are indeed annoying and I also don't like his combos. Weakness strike made me almost shut console down or quit the level at that second.

Young Link, he's awesome, overpowered and so cute and handsome <3 Only minus about him is that he has kinda short range on his sword without being in Fierce Deity form. But I can accept and live with it.

Well unlike you miserable lot, I actually like Tingle in this game. He's not that bad of a character and I can't keep a straight face during some of his attacks. Behind the flamboyant gestures and weird noises, Tingle is quite capable of racking up the KOs. I don't think his inclusion in this game was a bad one at all.

Having said that, Young Link is way better than Tingle I think. He can really abuse Focus Spirit and is overall a really good character. I love the throwback with Fierce Deity Link where his voice hasn't changed at all.

Tingle is not all that bad. The wat-wat-wat-wat he makes while he is running annoys me a lot though. And cause of it, I'll only use Tingle when I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom