• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Thought's on the Dark Triforce?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
So I posted an article on RD the other day, talking about some ideas I had about it. You can read my thought's here if you want: http://ratchetsden.no-ip.org/2013/08/my-thoughts-on-the-dark-triforce/ (sorry for linking, I didn't want to have rewrite the thing so it'd make more ZD sense cause that'd take forever) It's not that important that you read it, if you'd prefer here are my questions about it:

What are your thought's on this? How do you thing it'll be implemented? How will they make it connect to the rest of the series after it not being mentioned or appearing in previous Zelda's? Discuss!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Nice article.

I'm not too sure how they will tie it in with the rest of the series, but I don't really think it needs to. I find it pretty obvious that t's connected with the dark world, which only really appears in two games. I think it is going to end up being the force that creates, or protects the Dark World, since the Triforce does that for the Light world.

I would like to point out that the Dark World, in ALTTP anyway, is a manipulated version of the Sacred Realm, in which the Triforce rests. This means that the triforce would need to be present within this world, but it would also be manipulated by dark forces.

I'm glad you mentioned Demise in that, since he very likely represents the devil, in the same way the Goddess Hylia represents God. Hylia sent the three Golden goddesses to protect the realm, and in doing so they created the Triforce. The Dark Triforce seems to be a sort of opposing force to the normal Triforce, similar to Demise and Hylia. I have mentioned in several posts at ZD how I am very eager to see the return of Demise, and this is the perfect opportunity.

Remember at the end of ALttP, the text says that the Master Sword sleeps forever. With Ganon presumably dead, who is going to be there to recreate the Dark World? Well, the only person I can think of is the person who holds the only connection available to the Dark Triforce, who just happens to be sealed inside the sleeping sword. He's not dead, so why can't he return? With nobody commanding the Master Sword, I imagine his seal would just get weaker and weaker, until he is finally able to escape. It's the only real possibility I can think of because of the lack of evidence we have that supports anything else.

About the Stone Tower Temple, I have to disagree. I'm fairly certain that the Triforce appearing there is a mere easter egg, because the Stone Tower Temple has no connection to Hyrule. The entire region of Termina is parallel to Hyrule, which means that they can't coexist, which therefore means that there can't be any connection to hyrule's Dark World. Good observation, though.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
after the article, and that being the only view i have on this theory, i would say its solid, but do you really expect Demise, or do you expect someone from ALttP to be called by the Sword to release him! unless we are going with the anti-master sword theory.... where it it! cuz the ghirhim is it not! or are you suggesting maybe majora crossing over to hyrule to seek...nevermind different timeline, couldnt happen!

Dude you got my Mind Blown right now cuz its coming together, just too many wholes!

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
When I wrote the article, I was just trying to throw some ideas out and look smart. :P

I don't think MM will have anything to do with it, I do however think that Demise could have some sort of connection with it. I hope he or at least something we've seen connects to it. Cause I think it would be really, REALLY dumb to throw the Dark Triforce in with no explanation.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't really know. At first I was like "Are you serious, Nintendo?", but now I think it might be a good idea. Maybe they can actually make something out of this. It could also be a failed idea though that is forgotten later on in the series though. We just have to wait and see. I just think it's a little to late to start adding stuff to the lore of Zelda though.

Salem

SICK
The dark Triforce is a bit much, they're over doing the "dark version" theme. I wondered if they'll have dark versions of the classic Zelda items?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What really irritates me about the DTriforce is that it is so sudden. Why does it appear now of all times? If it's a completely separate Triforce, why not just use the Tetraforce theory or whatever?

But speaking of separation, I have the smallest hunch that it isn't a separate Triforce, just a mirror of sorts for the Dark World Kingdom. Like, I really want to say that Hyrule has a "darkside" that was opened up and such.

christewks

King of the Zoras
I think what Nintendo will do is have a story at the beginning telling about how the tri-force was rumored to split into two after the events of ALttP to protect both worlds. Or when Gannondorf made his wish it created the dark tri-force which was hidden until now. But really it's any ones guess.

opinions on dark triforce

Ech. Dark Triforce. So... generic and uninspired. 2/10.10101010

if there was a dark triforce what would the three triforce pieces represent? since it would be dark I am assuming it would be the opposite of the light one. so instead of wisdom it would be stupidity. instead of power it would be weakness? mabey instead of courage it would be fear. what would be the point of even having such a thing?
don't get me wrong the whole idea of a dark triforce would be super cool I just don't know exactly how it could be beneficial to the story.
if you have any thoughts please let me know.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
maybe thats why lorules link failed because instead of the triforce of courage he had fear and was to scared to face yuga or something

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The dark triforce will be split into three parts. They are weakness, stupidity and cowardice. He who possesses them will have their strength sapped, their IQ lowered and they will become afraid of everything, they will get the opposite of their wishes granted. This is the worst item a person can ever possess and the opposite of the real triforce which is the best item to possess.

I really don't know where they are going with this dark triforce, ultimate power is held in the triforce, the triforce is not a force of good but is neutral and grants wishes to any who hold it regardless of their alignment, how can there be a mirror or dark version without it doing the ridiculous things I suggested above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom