• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Thoughts on teabagging in Smash?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
Taunting is one thing, but teabagging comes across to me as the opponent being rude, cocky, etc., to the other player.

That's the point, it's meant to get in your head to annoy you. They want you to be affected by the action, particularly to get you to tilt. It's basically a visual form of trash talking. Trash talking has been so ingrained in sports by now that it's unlikely to ever leave any competitive scene.

It probably depends on the level of friendship with your opponent. It's better if it happens and you're friends with the person than it's a complete stranger who is just being a dick. I can't like actively hate tbagging as a concept because I'm usually in the party of people who just crouch to taunt, although it's just a crouch and not a tbag, and my opponents are usually cpus that I do it to.

I don't play Smash with real people often but it feels way grosser to get tbagged in Splatoon in my own experience, because the camera zooms in on the guy who splatted you and everything.

Gorozoron

wild ride
I have never tea bagged in smash. That seems really inconsiderate to do. Though I haven't played smash for a long time, so I might be misremembering, I don't think anyone has done it to me either from what I have played.

But I have seen it a lot in Splatoon. I didn't even know what tea bagging was until I saw this thread, so I thought they were just celebrating on getting a splat. They looked kinda funny when they did it, so I even laughed a few times when I saw it. But they were actually taunting me? That's rude.
in the Splatoon community it's called squidbagging but yeah it's a little rude but it doesn't bother me when playing Splatoon 2 smash idk I don't play smash that much

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
in the the Splatoon community it's called squidbagging but yeah it's a little rude but it doesn't bother me when playing Splatoon 2 smash idk I don't play smash that much
squidbagging is definitely more friendly than traditional teabagging
in turf war matches people will often just start having squidbag parties out in the open and it's considered pretty bm to interfere with them

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've never encountered it, but I don't think it sounds rude at all. It's a cheap taunt. If you were actually good and flexing that, then you'd do a real taunt, but instead you just teabag. Also, in Minecraft multiplayer, spam crouching is a friendly gesture fwiw.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I've never encountered it, but I don't think it sounds rude at all. It's a cheap taunt. If you were actually good and flexing that, then you'd do a real taunt, but instead you just teabag. Also, in Minecraft multiplayer, spam crouching is a friendly gesture fwiw.
You can't taunt in Quickplay mode, and teabagging is used as the alternative. Still cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom