• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Thoughts on teabagging in Smash?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Admittedly, I'm one of those who gets very irritated when someone teabags in a round of Smash.

Taunting is one thing, but teabagging comes across to me as the opponent being rude, cocky, etc., to the other player.

If taunts are available (outside of quickplay, that is), then why teabag, y'know?

But what do you think about teabagging? Do you see it as poor sportsmanship? Or is it just part of the Smash experience for you and you don't mind it at all?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
It depends on the situation. I teabag sometimes, but usually not maliciously. I use it as more of a way to communicate with my opponent rather than gloating. I try not to do it too often and especially not after they fall.

twilitfalchion

Staff member
Whats tea bagging?? You can make a teabag in smash?!
Doing this as a way of taunting your opponent.
Gannon-gif.gif

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Um... I don't think... No, I don't think I teabag.

I never crouch dance. EVER. It's the most annoying thing a person can do in Smash, in my opinion.

But, in an arena or just playing with my brothers, if I get a KO, I usually throw out a quick taunt then run to the edge of the stage and wait (Not to the point that they're teetering off the edge), unless I'm playing as someone with something like Cloud's Limit Gauge or Hero's Down Special, then I either charge it or run through my options real fast to see if there's something extra I could do instead of taunting.

Nothing I ever do is to ridicule, humiliate, or aggravate my opponent (outside of actually fighting them, that is). They're a person, not a computer. (If I am playing in an arena and my opponent just SD'd, no way am I taunting. That's just wrong.) I think that's it.

Oh yeah, one other thing. If I play as Meta Knight in anything, I always run to the left edge of the stage (Almost always Battlefield or Final Destination) and look off the cliff. Usually, by the time the opponent drops down, he goes into his idle animation and it looks like he heard something, which I find pretty funny considering the opponent is probably charging at him at that point.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Doing this as a way of taunting your opponent.
Gannon-gif.gif

I have never tea bagged in smash. That seems really inconsiderate to do. Though I haven't played smash for a long time, so I might be misremembering, I don't think anyone has done it to me either from what I have played.

But I have seen it a lot in Splatoon. I didn't even know what tea bagging was until I saw this thread, so I thought they were just celebrating on getting a splat. They looked kinda funny when they did it, so I even laughed a few times when I saw it. But they were actually taunting me? That's rude.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
It depends on the situation. I teabag sometimes, but usually not maliciously. I use it as more of a way to communicate with my opponent rather than gloating. I try not to do it too often and especially not after they fall.
Actually, yes, I have done that if I need to communicate to them, usually because I need to blow my nose half way through a fight. (I have the most intense allergies on the planet.)

twilitfalchion

Staff member
But I have seen it a lot in Splatoon. I didn't even know what tea bagging was until I saw this thread, so I thought they were just celebrating on getting a splat. They looked kinda funny when they did it, so I even laughed a few times when I saw it. But they were actually taunting me? That's rude.
I can't speak for Splatoon, as I'm not the most familiar with the online scene for that. But in the context of what you mentioned, I don't think it has the same meaning there as it does in Smash. It sounds like what you thought it was, IMO.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I can't speak for smash. Haven't played Ultimate, Is it particularly rude in smash community?

I do it in CoD mobile in a positive sense and I send gg. I don't mind being tea bagged either. My reaction would be. "Oh no lol! Gotta git gud"

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Picture this:
You just Falcon Kicked off the edge of the map on accident in the first ten seconds of the match.

Then your opponent starts teabagging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom