• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Interactive Bots

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Stumbling on a Youtube video about Cleverbot, I discovered Cleverbot (whoa). It intrigued me. Being free and not having to hastle with downloading, I decided to check it out. It looked fun and stupid from the video, but was interesting enough to make me chat with a robot for about 45 minutes. I won't go into detail about the conversations we had (seriously, I'm perverted), but my experiments helped me with what the Bot could understand and not. You can also use actions by typing them between two *'s. It can get offensive (as said on the page) ,but always remember you are talking to artificial intelligence, an AI. Have fun discussing. Maybe post some bits of conversations. :)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I've tried Cleverbot a few times. I find that it often "says" that it doesn't know the answer to simple questions like "what color is a banana?" It either says it doesn't know what a banana is, asks when the subject turned to bananas (even after many lines about bananas) or change the subject to something completely unrelated. Another thing is that it's inconsistent. It will interchangeably call itself male or female and other things that something can't be at the same time. Despite that I find it amazing that AI is so complex and how life-like the responses are.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I've tried Cleverbot a few times. I find that it often "says" that it doesn't know the answer to simple questions like "what color is a banana?" It either says it doesn't know what a banana is, asks when the subject turned to bananas (even after many lines about bananas) or change the subject to something completely unrelated. Another thing is that it's inconsistent. It will interchangeably call itself male or female and other things that something can't be at the same time. Despite that I find it amazing that AI is so complex and how life-like the responses are.

This was like my first response. I asked it questions as if it were a human instead of questions like the banana one. I also find that if you put too much information into one post, the bot will get confused and change subjects. It is also horrible at names.

I put a link to Cleverbot in my signature a while back. lol I personally find it hilarious that it gets all confused, goes off on wild tangents, and changes the subject. What's odd is that it sometimes answers "yes" to the most twisted things.

↓​

Last edited by a moderator:
CleverBot hates unicode, thus she isn't as fun to chat with as other bots. *coughficough* But, as a self-learning bot, people can teach her anything with enough repetition. So, sometimes CleverBot is way off on her answers. I once convinced her that she was Ganon. ;p

Once, she told me that "cleverbot" actually sends my replies to a different person on the site each time, hence her randomness. So, she's always a bot in denial--which makes it uber funny.

But, I don't get as much enjoyment out of her as I do with Fi and SkullKid, also self-learning AI bots in the IRC, made by Kitsu and Locke. :>

I remember Cleverbot. From what I know, they've made some advancements with his AI since I last bothered looking. Either way, I remember finding it boring when I first encountered it. Even back in the days when AIM was popular and everyone knew about and talked to a bot called SmarterChild (which I think got shut down), I was unimpressed then too. Until they have true emotions or nerve endings to feel actual pain or something like that, I think I'll be yawning. But when that happens, I'll probably be scared by the idea of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom