• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Dubstep

NintyRift

Here and There
I honestly don't like dubstep that much, but I like some Zeldastep, which is more like Dubstep influenced techno. But I'm really not a fan of dubstep entirely.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Dubstep is really annoying to me. I don't have anything aganist techno music and I actually like electro-pop music like Owl City and Lights, but dubstep is just kind of annoying to me.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Okay so here's the deal guys if you think Skrillex is Dubstep then please leave this thread. Skrillex IS NOT DUBSTEP! Skrillex is part of a Dubstep derivative called Brostep. This style is much more aggressive and uses influences from heavier rock styles. Skrillex in particular does this since he was once the lead vocalist to a Post-Hardcore band call From First to Last. As a result his style reflects his past. Other Brostep artists do the same thing in joint with what most people would call "screamo".

Dubstep comes from Dub, a style that is derivative of reggae. Dub uses basci reggae sound while mixing electronics. Dubstep adds a stepped beat to the genre Dub, thus the term Dub-Step. It focuses on on-off beats with mixed electronics and fluctuations. However to confuse Dubstep and Brostep is a common thing and often misconstrues peoples ideas on Dubstep artists.

I myself enjoy Dubstep. I've found artists that either mix it in or focus on it. Enter Shikari mixes it with their own patented Electronic Post-Hardcore sound. Pendulum is primarily electronica but does deviate to mix in some rock, metal, and Dubstep into their songs. Deadmau5 is more dance and DJ though some will call him Dubstep.

So let's review. Skrillex=Brostep. Skrillex=/=Dubstep.

I hope this was informative to those of you who don't know the difference.

For those of you who do know the difference but still don't like Dubstep.....well that's your choice. I don't knock you on it. I got my own ideas about it so....yeah.

I dunno how to end this so.....:lol:

M

Mamuta

It doesn't bother me unless I hear it ruin a song I really like, but I don't willingly listen to it.

To all those dubstep lovers out there, I'm sorry. I HATE dubstep. I know that "hate" is a strong word, but there is no better way to describe it. It gives me headaches in less than two minutes, and makes my ears ring. Remember, this is MY OPINION. So many people love it, saying "It's the best music EVAAAAA!" Well good for you. It just.... whenever I hear it, I resist the urge to pull my hair out. I'm a teenage girl that enjoys music genres such as Pop, and Trance. Again, sorry for being harsh, but that's what I honestly think of dubstep. >_<

Dubstep is just noise and rap is just talking with a beat. They're really the only two types of "music" that I can't stand.

Dubstep is just noise and rap is just talking with a beat. They're really the only two types of "music" that I can't stand.

1. You're probably talking about Brostep, but you're saying this is just noise? Sepalcure - Pencil Pimp (Official Music Video) - YouTube

2. Hip-Hop is far more than that, apart from the art of beat-making, there are so many possibilities for complex rhyme schemes and profound lyrics within the rapping. It's more like an evolution of beat poetry.

I'd like everyone who comments on this thread to take the trouble to research real, classic dubstep, hopefully you'll appreciate it. :)

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
What Skrillex popularized as Dubstep is not true Dubstep. I like the genre, but as its original form. This commercial monstrosity is not even music.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I can't STAND dubstep! Sometimes I even get a headache while litsening to it! I have no idea how it became so popular nowadays, and I think that pretty much all music realesed nowadays is AWFUL (mainly because most of it is DUBSTEP! :mad: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom