• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on a Real Life Hyrule Theme Park Hypothetically Being Built Somewhere?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Before I am questioned on my sanity as to what I could possibly be talking about, let me say that these thoughts are inspired by The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that was built in Orlando, Florida.

A short description:

the linked site above: said:
Here you can pass through the towering Hogwarts™ castle gates and explore the familiar passageways, classrooms and corridors. Visit the shops of Hogsmeade™ and sample fare from the wizarding world’s best-known establishments, including the Three Broomsticks™ and the Hog’s Head. Plus experience pulse-pounding rides including Dragon Challenge™, Flight of the Hippogriff™, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, a state-of-the-art attraction that brings the magic, characters, and stories of Harry Potter to life in ways never before imagined.

Granted Zelda isn't universally popular in the way that Harry Potter is, but I think it could plausibly be done in a similar way, and if it were a big enough theme park I do think it would attract similar success (even though it's probably unlikely to ever be done unless an avid zelda fan/group with plenty of money to spare were to take up the project).

One of the problems would likely be what rendition of Hyrule they would like to stick with, but I don't personally think there's a need to build exclusively from one version since they won't be building the whole of Hyrule anyway, meaning they could do a mix and match.

For example, Castle Town could draw from both OoT and TP:

They could have Telma's bar from TP where they'd serve Lon Lon Milk or Chateau Romani (I want to say the milk bar but I'm not sure since that's Termina >_>)
They could have Fanadi's fortune-telling place ;)
Agitha's castle where you can choose to go on the golden bug hunt for her (fake glowing bugs could be hidden in various locations to be collected),
They could do an interesting rendition of the STAR game maybe where they hook you up bungie-style in a netted area that you can climb (there would be a net/trampoline to catch you if you fell), and they could even have an item like the clawshot that you could use to latch onto the other side back and forth collecting stringed orbs of some sort...
If there was a river or stream, they could even include TP's canoe ride (minus the rapids and heavily monitored of course) where you have to break the pots....or just score a point by hitting them.

They could build a Happy Mask Shop (and even include a Mask Quest in some form!), the shooting gallery--slingshot version for kids under a certain age and bow+arrow version for those over a certain age and given the proper instruction--they could also have a chu jelly shop (edible of course ;)) a bazaar where they sold various colored potions and other things :) and Bombchu bowling (though the bombchus would not actually explode...) and they could even include if they wanted to, say Salvatore's battleship game from tWW, complete with sound effects and picture boards with the face cut-out : D

There could be side quest attractions where you would have to search for hidden treasure chests and hidden heart pieces....
Fencing tournaments and lessons for those interested....

And then would be the main attractions: Dungeons. If they were to build dungeons in which you had to make your way through the maze-like rooms (given dungeon map at the start) completing the various puzzles along the way using items found and collected from chests and uncovering keys to get through the locked doors, well least to say I think that would be a HUGE attraction for even people that have never played Zelda (it might draw in new fans too). They could be based on in-game dungeons, or they could be original dungeons following similar patterns or designs. Imagine yourself ACTUALLY hitting an eye switch with the slingshot you found in a chest after completing a previous puzzle? Or trying to figure out a block puzzle (it would have to be set up so that the blocks moved along set paths along the floor and were not very difficult to push...) and other puzzles of this caliber.

However, this is all just food for thought. Even if they did build a Hyrule theme Park, it could easily be different from this....I am just throwing out some of my ideas.

Now I would like to hear yours. :)

Maybe I am just dreaming here. ^^ But what are your thoughts? I am interested to hear other people's opinions :)

PS SKYWARD SWORD SUCKS!!!!!!! =DDDDDDDDDDD IWINSYSTEMSARIANAE+1VSSYSTEM-1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom