• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Those who haven't played Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword HD

Have you played SS?

• 100% completetion

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I 100%-ed the original twice in 2011/2012... Once in a standard file and once in Hero Mode, which is insane for a game that I didn't care for, but I felt like I had to play it, and I wasn't going to replay Twilight Princess again after beating my normal mode Skyward Sword file – I played TP to death in anticipation of SS.

I'm still on the fence about buying SS HD. I don't feel like they have added enough to draw my interest. The idea of playing it in HD is cool, but I've never been one to obsess over graphics anyway. The button controls are the only thing that has me interested, I also wouldn't mind seeing if the motion controls feel better in this version compared to the original.

But in the back of my mind I'm always thinking I bought this game for almost the same price 10 years ago and I at least got a cool wii remote and box.

At the very least I will get the Joy Cons because I need another joy con pair anyway, and the design is cool.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I have played SS before, though I never finished it.

I'm torn, because SSHD is overpriced for what it is. But at the same time, I'm curious to see if the new controls will change my opinion of the game at all. I dunno, I'll probably wait for some kind of sale. It's not a priority for me either way.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Never finished it!! Wasn't good at the whole waggle waggle thing, and there's no waggle waggle. So I'm really excited to play it on Switch. Finally will finish it. Been a red blip on my completion list for too long!

I’ve tried several times now to play SS but I’ve given up, I just cannot figure it out, the first set of monsters kill me.
The whole thing feels a bit clunky and awkward and doesn’t flow well.
How far would we likely have got in BOTW if it were that same kind of controls/setup?

I have played SS before, though I never finished it.

I'm torn, because SSHD is overpriced for what it is. But at the same time, I'm curious to see if the new controls will change my opinion of the game at all. I dunno, I'll probably wait for some kind of sale. It's not a priority for me either way.
FYI: There's a lot more issues then the controls. Whatever you read covered them up assuming you know how to read reviews or in depth discussions.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
How far would we likely have got in BOTW if it were that same kind of controls/setup?
We can't really know that until we find out how SSHD works on the Switch

How far would you or I have got on BOTW if it was that way you think?
That's what I'm saying, we can't know that because we don't know how the Skyward Sword control scheme will work with joycons.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
FYI: There's a lot more issues then the controls. Whatever you read covered them up assuming you know how to read reviews or in depth discussions.
I'm well aware of the other issues, but the controls are the only aspect of the game that I actively dislike that has been confirmed to have been changed, so that was what I addressed in my original comment.

I'd like to think I know how to read reviews and discussions, but who knows? I could miss a thing or two from time to time.

Why I havent tried or played Zelda Skyward Sword is because I never had the Wii or Wii U back then. didnt have the money to even buy one anyway.

But now since I have a Nintendo Switch Lite I can go buy Skyward Sword from Walmart since Im going out of town on Tuesday for some shopping thats long overdue for things like clothes etc

Botw is a much more engrossing game but would be near unplayable especially with ss camera control. It's a open world game based on exploration. Ss can get away with these controls because it's linear as hell. Even if they're a bit awkward.

And yeah ss is less inspired. The Iinear design is jarring. Even compared to wind waker and skyward sword.

yeah same here too. Back then I didnt have a Wii or WiiU so I never had the time and money anyway to even play a game besides Zelda Skyward Sword even Breath of the Wild.

But these days with the Switch/Switch Lite in stores i can now finally play those Wii Zelda games

I didn't play the original Skyward Sword simply because I didn't have a Wii/Wii U when it came out, so this will be my first time playing it. To be honest, I'm exited.:fi:

I thought I would never be able to play it, so this HD re-release is a life-saver to me. :zelda:

yes it is true. They got released for the Switch/Switch Lite.

I and others can finally play those Wii/Wii U Zelda games since theyre now for Nintendo Switch.

Back then I didnt have the time or money for a frikkin Nintendo Wii or even Wii U. Had more important things to deal with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom