• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art This Veil of Tears

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
This is the prologue to get you guys excited for the rest. :>

Rated eforeveryone

This Veil of Tears

Prologue

There were tears in the sky, and they came down to hit the earth as her feet did the same over and over. She was moving fast along the cobblestone street. Late for something? No, she was running away. Her older sister’s words echoed in her head repeating the same message, “The fairies couldn’t talk because of what was around her neck, and she knew instantly she had to get out of there.” That was the truth piercing her soul, it was a shock like no other and she knew exactly what she’d fallen into. The shadows behind her moved to catch up with her and persuade her not to go.

“Come back! Where are you going?” A voice called behind her.

She didn’t turn around or stop. The rain hit her face and it was hard to see, but she didn’t need to see that well, the glow was plain as day with any vision. That was her gateway home, the portal to get back and finally be free. She’d been stuck in this abyss for sixteen years, ever since her mind was exposed and the demons could be let in to torment her. And she’d let it happen for those many years, but now she was making her way out, she was going to leave their grasp forever.

She neared the portal, she could tell because it always pulled at her whenever she got near. The sound of more feet on the cobblestone was heard behind her, and she ran faster, her heart pumping and her breath showing that she was wearing out. But the portal, it had to be reached and she had to get out of there, else they would take her soul. She could no longer keep her eyes open, and ran blindly to the pull, and when she was close she dove in just before they could get her.

Her eyes opened and she could hear the rain hitting her window. She was beneath some blankets and the lights were out, but the moon almost shone through the clouds to create a little glow. It was over. She escaped and now she was free. A smile spread across her face and she wiped off the sweat on her brow, and sat up to look around. They were nowhere to be seen, but she could hear them calling to her. They were persistent to get her, but now that she knew the truth and she would not let them.

But there was still a problem, and she realized that as she thought about her previous captivity. Her sister. Her younger sister was the problem, she was trapped too and the demons would not let her go. “The girls wanted to show her fairies, but when they got there the fairies said they couldn’t share their secrets because of what was around the girl’s neck, and she knew instantly she had to get out of there.” Her sister was playing with fairies and learning secrets, but that was dangerous and soon it would eat away at her soul, like it had Andramida.

As she sat there Andramida thought about her poor sister, and how she couldn’t do anything for her. Then the rain came to her eyes, and she cried for the pathetic help she couldn’t give.

“It’s not over yet,” A strong but kind voice said.

“I can’t help her though, and she’s going to die,” Andramida whispered to the voice.

“You can save her if you choose to listen to me.”

Andramida stopped her crying and looked up. There was no one there, but she could feel the presence of someone in the room. It was a good feeling, and it warmed her heart and comforted her.

“What do I do?”

“Pray,” The voice said very simply.

“That’s all?” Andramida asked a little puzzled.

“Prayer is powerful, Andramida, and it is the only thing you can do for her. Otherwise she must realize her captivity on her own.”

Andramida sat there in her bed, thinking. She could help her sister, just by praying, and her sister would be free. But her sister also had to realize she was trapped, otherwise she could not free herself like Andi did. Andramida was determined to help her sister; she would do what the voice said and get her sister out of the prison. That was her mission, to fight the demons until they would relinquish their hold on her sister. Andramida looked on with determination, knowing that she’d do whatever it took to free her sister. It was time to fight against the demons, with the one weapon she held in her pocket.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I read it, Rainy. Looks good so far, but I did notice several mistakes that you can correct if you are up to it. The one that bugs me the most is this one: “It’s not over yet,” A strong but kind voice said. (What you wanna do is not use a capital letter after a ," instead do something like this: "It's not over yet," said a strong but kind voice. Or, "It's not over yet," a strong, but kind voice was heard)

Btw, I believe Andi is Andramida? If so, cool. :) Keep it up, I like what you have so far. ~Ats

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I may not have the best memory, and I may be forgetting quite a bit, but this so far seems to be the best, most cohesive, and interesting story you've had in a long time. So far so good, keep it up.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Aw, and when I clicked the thread I thought you had updated. :( Oh well, I will certainly wait for your return, fellow writer. Enjoy your time away. :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom