• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler This shrine is great! They just don't make them like that anymore! Is this one among your favorites?

Do you wish you could see more shrines like this one?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is one if the rare shrines that I love (1:12:21 - 1:23:40):

Now we're talking! Yeah! This was a real pleasure to watch! Woooooo! Now that's what I call an adrenaline rush! The shrines in those Switch games are all so boring and ridiculously short, but this one is freaking great! All-out fight in a mob of dangerous enemies, back against the wall, nothing but the most basic of clothes and a few weapons you found INSIDE (and you can't use food to get your health back which makes it all the more challenging), the thrill of chasing and being chased, the risk of dying any second, having to be resourceful, using the fire and the water and other elements around you against them (anything in your immediate environment that can be used to cause damage but isn't necessarily a weapon)! Ad I'm not even talking about navigating the traps and pitfalls! What would it be If all the freaking shrines were like that, they would be so much better and far less boring! They just don't make them like that anymore! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nintendo of Japan need to start listening to criticism and they need to step up their game!

I'm rather disappointed with a lot of what I've seen of this game so far:

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/what-annoyed-you-today.40329/page-458#post-1406599

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/things-that-are-on-your-mind.37451/page-2114#post-1406747

But the very few things Nintendo of Japan did right in the Switch games that I really enjoyed watching was this shrine and the depths.

As for the soundtrack, the Switch titles' music, the TOTK soundtrack really isn't all that great and BOTW doesn't have one.

But they did a fantastic job on this phase 4 of the Lightning Temple music theme, especially the chorus (1:13 - 1:25):

Is the Proving Grounds Lure Shrine (Miryotanog Shrine) among your favorite shrines, folks?

Take care,

Kat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom