• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This one Shadow Temple room

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
3150944.jpg

So I was kind of wondering, doesn't this room seem like it'd be enough to give the game a T rating or something?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
So apparently esrb ratings take the game as a whole into account, so like if the entire game was the shadow temple it would be rated T or maybe M. But since the shadow temple is only a fragment of the game it has less of an effect on the rating. That's how they do it

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So apparently esrb ratings take the game as a whole into account, so like if the entire game was the shadow temple it would be rated T or maybe M. But since the shadow temple is only a fragment of the game it has less of an effect on the rating. That's how they do it
What about the great fairys though, they are practically naked.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I think part of the reason some stuff like that slipped kinda under the radar was also due to graphical limitations masking aspects that would've driven the rating up if, say, they were rendered with modern graphics. Take the remake, for example, where the same blood effect was removed and the game ended up getting an E10+ rating as a result.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Maybe, but the back of the TP box for GameCube claims there is "blood" but I don't really remember ever seeing blood.
when you strike the bokoblins sometimes a little purplish blood will explode on sword strikes iirc

edit: it's a "boss creature", one boss creature emits small puffs of purple fluid when stabbed. maybe king bulblin

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
I thought so, but it was still rated E. It's a bit strange, since they made the blood green in the NTSC 1.2 cartridges and in later versions.
oot-blood-change.jpg

The blood from the X in OoT3D was removed, so they must have realized that it could push the rating or be a problem.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I thought so, but it was still rated E. It's a bit strange, since they made the blood green in the NTSC 1.2 cartridges and in later versions.
oot-blood-change.jpg

The blood from the X in OoT3D was removed, so they must have realized that it could push the rating or be a problem.
Has ganon regressed from a bloody nose to a snotty nose...

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Along a similar line, they removed the blood from the bottom of the well and changed the lighting and contrast so it's far less intimidating now. I did like the change to the prow of the ship that ferries you down Styx in 3D in the Shadow Temple though. You take the good with the bad.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Gotta love how torture rooms are A-OK, but as soon as you show whatever this is…
B43CD7A7-44A7-4B50-BE70-E821AAB06803.jpeg
Nope you gotta pump the breaks there speed racer, you’re gonna have to be a bit more subtle than that if you wanna go around poisoning our youth with your Sega CD gizmo on my watch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom