• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This Has Probably Been Brought Up Before, But...

Alright, do you think Anjean (from Spirit Tracks) is Tetra (from Wind Waker)?

There are many reasons to believe so.

Firstly; the physical resemblence. Both have the same hairstyle. Anjean's has simply turned gray from age. The shape of the face and everything is very similar.

Secondly there's the winking expression both Tetra and Anjean use. Anjean often has one of her eyes closed, but it's not closed all the time. Sometimes she does have both eyes open. In Wind Waker (and Phantom Hourglass? Can't remember) Tetra often winks.

Third, Niko is almost undeniably the same character from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, and he's now an old man. Tetra was relatively close to Niko in age for Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, so if Anjean were Tetra, it wouldn't be a problem in terms of timeline.

Fourth, Anjean knows of Princess Zelda's ancestors, and references one in particular who was "feisty and bright." She said she met her when she came to the land, and they were friends for a very long time. But she stays vague about it. When Zelda mentions her ancestor being a pirate, and ask more, Anjean just says "that's a story for another time." Sometimes characters like this withhold information about their identity. Like in Star Wars, neither Obi-Wan Kenobi, or Darth Vader, admit Vader is Luke's father until episode V. Or in Skyward Sword how the old woman in the Sealed Grounds didn't let Zelda know she was Impa until the very end. Sheik didn't let Link know she was Zelda, etc. Sometimes characters just hide a celebrity status.

If Anjean didn't look so much like Tetra, I think it'd be pretty believable that she was just a friend of Tetra's, but I think there's a good chance the writers are implying Anjean to be Tetra.

character-anjean.png

Tetra.png

Attachments

• character-anjean.jpg
    character-anjean.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 0

Patch

Party Pooper
:O That is a really good observation. I never considered the possibility. Honestly, I don't think that she's Tetra, but I think they may be related.

I remember thinking that when I played Spirit Tracks. I think it probably would've been addressed more directly if that were the developer's intent, but the origin of Anjean and the Lokomos is pretty thin (more or less non-existent, really) so I wouldn't rule it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom