• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This Game's a Joke, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I greatly enjoyed the game, but I do wish the overworld was larger. Similar to WW, with islands that have people on them.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
I'm not even sure I should put my two sense into this, but I will.

Let's start:

Being at the beginning of Skyward Sword, you haven't even began to see how good the game can be. Please tell me your one of those people who play 5 minutes of the game and say "it sucks" and never play it again. Video games are like books, do you read the first page of a book and say "it sucks" before even trying it? Sure, you read the back cover to see if its any good. But you never judge a book or game by its cover... or first 25 minutes.

I can't judge your opinion on Wind Waker (sue me I haven't played it, next on my list) but I can't say from what i've seen its not that bad. Not bad at all, really, but I won't judge that yet.

Graphic worse than OoT? *snicker* you're joking, right? So it may have some rough edges, that DOES NOT make them bad. That's like comparing Pac-mans "graphics" to pong! OoT and SS both used the graphical advantage of the console they were on.

And Twilight Princess's and OoT's NPC's were better? You can't even talk to half of the NPC's in TP's Castle town people you couldn't even talk to most of them! OoT's hyrule castle town only had about 15 NPC's. Honestly, and someone compared the NPC's of Zelda to Skyrim and said "YOU CAN TALK TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE NPCS! RHFDKJF" .... the only way I can compare this is by using a different game as my example. Dragon Age has a CRAP LOAD of NPCS and whenever you talk to them they say the same thing... over and over... and over... its annoying but it doesn't keep me from liking that game. But back to Zelda, I noticed in SS depending on what part of the game you were at the NPCS said different things (they may have done this in TP too). But... I think that's enough ranting there.

Yes, the areas in SS's overworlds are kind of straight forward at some points. But its only because they are trying to keep you from going some place you shouldn't too early. From other games I've played, they do the same thing. I'll use Dragon Age as my example again. In Dragon Age it gives you an entire overworld map but it only lets you go to certain places and when you get far enough into the quest/plot it let's you go to more and more places, same case with Skyward Sword! (but... different in a way). I honestly don't see why you think the overworld areas are small.. they get much bigger. Much. bigger. (to me.. at least)

There are many sidequests you can do. They unlock once you get further in the game. Is it so hard to get further in a game? geez. xD

I'm sure people cleared up that bug/sword/shield thing. And *spoiler* you "build your sword" overtime. I won't explain more than that.

Bad english is fine, I've seen worse.

And yes, I didn't feel like quoting. The person above me did. Speaking of him
So ****ing true. Skyward Sword has got to be one of the most boring, mediocre and overrated games I've ever played, and I'm sorry that Zelda fans have Nintendo's **** too deep up their throats to realize this fact.

WHAT IS WHAT THIS COMMENT! How can a game that came out November of LAST YEAR be overrated? What is the sparta?! Skyward Sword is by all means NOT boring, you, sir, must have not made it past the first dungeon. I take Debbie beat all "fun" out of you? Look, even with your "*" there is no reason to cuss. I mean, really.

I hope I don't piss anyone off. I wanted to come off as "I don't want to knife you. But I very much so disagree with you. No flame war? tacos?"

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
This is some military grade trolling! My God, I've never come across anything like this! Guys and Girls, let's remember that trolls live in an alternate universe, and they should all be treated as such. i.e. YOU IGNORE THEM!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My goodness.
Everyone is entitled with their opinion on the game.
It's not like their as evil as Demise or Ganondorf if they hate the game.
Yet, if trolling is intended don't even bother.

If you want to troll, go make a rage comic or something.
Express your rant or "opinion" there, not here.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Woah. Really chill. I know some of you guys feel offended but try not to insult.

Anywayz, have you beaten Skyward Sword yet? If you've only played for a few hours and are only at Eldin, then you can't really say that Skyward Sword is a terrible game.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Alright, this has gotten way too out of hand. It's fine to express opinions, but when threads get way out of hand and people start name-calling, that's not okay. I think this thread has seen its days. If I can sort through this and it's fit to reopen, I will reopen it, but for now...

~Thread closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom