• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This Game's a Joke, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raykay

One: what kind nutjob joins a forum to insult a game after playing through 5% of it?!

Please read my posts carefully. no intention of insulting the game. however it would be my right to do so as also i have an opinion.

You seem to me being such a zelda fan (graphics is A -> lol) nintendo could sell you bread with the name Zelda on it and you would play with it for month

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Seriously, you think we're THAT stupid that we'd go and play with bread because it had the Zelda name on it?
You sound like someone who just finds a game plays it for a minute and notes down everything he doesn't like and manipulates the things he does like to make him not like them. Just so you can complain.

E

EponaN64

Tbf I don't think we are going to change I this persons opinion and by all means he is entitled to it. Maybe if they complete the game they will come back to this thread and change their mind maybe thy won't it's up to them. All games are down to preference a friend of mine true to argue super mario was better thn zelda as a game I couldn't be bothered arguing so I just nodded along. Everyone's entitled to there opinion to continue this argument is to just compound the stereo type of gamers being wingy beggars xxx lolz

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I had something like that with my friends, they said assassins creed was better than Zelda, I then reminded them of SS's ratings and AC revelations ratings, their next sentence was ".............................................*Jaw open*"

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Seriously, you think we're THAT stupid that we'd go and play with bread because it had the Zelda name on it?
You sound like someone who just finds a game plays it for a minute and notes down everything he doesn't like and manipulates the things he does like to make him not like them. Just so you can complain.
1)Actually, a majority of Zelda fans do think like that. Just because it says THE LEGEND OF ZELDA [insert subtitle here], they'll play it and act like it's the best thing to ever happen to them. I've seen this happen first hand with Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Ocarina and even with SS. You then have the offshoot of that who go "oh, this game is better than OoT because [list reasons here]." As if anyone really cares if the game is better OBJECTIVELY than OoT?

I'll use this as an example of the typical Zelda fan (I'm not picking on you, LiquidOmega!)

The ONLY things in the game that I didn't like were the Goddess's Harp (I was boring and not used to it's full potential) and The Sky was slightly disappointing, I wish it was a bit larger and that there were larger islands that had civilization on them. Other than that I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVED the game! Easily my favorite Zelda game to date.

2)Those kinds of people are fully legitimate in their hate/dislike for whatever they are hating/disliking. Complaining is also legit because it opens up new pathways – if people didn't complain about TWW's graphics, Nintendo might've reused them again. If people didn't complain about TP's blandness, Nintendo might've reused it again. If people don't complain about whatever complaints they may have about Skyward Sword, Nintendo might reuse them again.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Please read my posts carefully. no intention of insulting the game. however it would be my right to do so as also i have an opinion.

You seem to me being such a zelda fan (graphics is A -> lol) nintendo could sell you bread with the name Zelda on it and you would play with it for month

Wow, calling a game, "sh**" isn't considered insulting it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, HH, calling a game **** is not always bad – take a look at the N64 game Superman64, or the Xbox360 game Bomberman Act Zero. With all due respect, those games are WORSE than the s-word simply because of how terrible they are. I could point to other games of that kind, but the main point is that the word isn't always an insult. Raykay has his own opinion of what is what as well.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
2)Those kinds of people are fully legitimate in their hate/dislike for whatever they are hating/disliking. Complaining is also legit because it opens up new pathways – if people didn't complain about TWW's graphics, Nintendo might've reused them again. If people didn't complain about TP's blandness, Nintendo might've reused it again. If people don't complain about whatever complaints they may have about Skyward Sword, Nintendo might reuse them again.

This doesn't always need to be done.

Fans complained about tear collecting and stealth sections, even when Nintendo reused them constantly. But they finally perfected this design in SS, and so far no one seems to be complaining about it.

Actually, HH, calling a game **** is not always bad – take a look at the N64 game Superman64, or the Xbox360 game Bomberman Act Zero. With all due respect, those games are WORSE than the s-word simply because of how terrible they are. I could point to other games of that kind, but the main point is that the word isn't always an insult. Raykay has his own opinion of what is what as well.

When I call these games **** I am insulting them because of how terrible they are.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't make that clear enough: Nintendo might reuse them again in their unaltered states. Yes, the Silent Realms are really hitting home, showing TP what it should've been like (or aspired to, I dunno). That only happened because fans complained about how boring and dull the tears of light were in Twilight Princess.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero

Dude, **** is a cuss word. That is often considered as a basic insult. I realize that some games are worse than ****, but not many. SS is widely considered as being one of the gretest Zelda games of all time, so calling it **** would be obviously considered as an insult. And Raykay said in a different post that he wasn't trying to insult SS so that's why I brought this up.

If calling something s*** isn't really a bad thing, then I guess I could call you a s***head and that'd be cool.

Seriosuly though, I hope you are joking. You may have your own definition of the word, but for the rest of us in reality, calling something the equivalent of a piece of crap means that you don't think very highly of it.

As for the graphics, you can't argue that they are worse than Ocarina. The tech is much more advanced. You CAN say that the art direction is worse. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Earlier someone said they thought the graphics were created in this way to match the story. They were actually created for gameplay. The game was originally going to have a Twiliight Princess-esque look to it, but the developers realized that it was too hard to read enemies movements and find weakspots with this style. So they went with the more cartoony look to allow for more exaggerated movements that are easier to read. But then the game was shown at E3 2010, and Nintendo of America complained that the graphics looked a bit bland. So the devs went back and added the filter to make the game look like an impressionistic painting. And the rest is history.

K

Kooloo

I like the new Zelda, but it really does feel like they are trying to captivate a new audience with SS. I grew up playing LA then OoT, I went back to beat aLttP before MM came out and changed my life ;), I loved all of co-created Capcom Zelda games, WW was the last Zelda title of my generation and I didn't care too much for TP at all, but I beat it anyway.

I really think the biggest problem with the past two titles is the Wii and it's limitations. Nintendo felt like they needed to change up the formula to keep Zelda current and refreshing, so they changed the gameplay and the mechanics almost completely. Sure they could have made a game with an open world with more side quests and depth, but the 1:1 motion control would be sacrificed. I think if the Wii were as powerful as N64 was (for it's time) we would see a completely different game. If the Wii had the power of the PS3, developers would be able to retain the deeper open world experience while still offering the newer styled immersive gameplay and mechanics SS has brought to the table.

As much as I would love it, Nintendo's priorities do not always reflects that of their fan base from the 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Arguing semantics won't get you anywhere. I've seen this exact argument between two of my friends already where one called the game a piece of **** without actually meaning the game was horrible (he just calls a lot of things that) and the other got angry because he took it as an insult to the game. People CAN mean different things when they say a certain word. Just saying.

Also, I saw a lot of troll-bait on the previous page. Stop it.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Now now, we don't want to say something we'll regret later. Still, SS isn't a bad game, although I prefer TP's graphics, I must say that in TP it was a lot harder to find out how to defeat the tougher enemies than in SS, the enemies weakness were often easier to find in SS.

A

acheddadi

I also haven't really been enjoying SS as much as other Zelda titles I've played. I feel like the game is aimed at a much broader audience than previous Zelda titles. As a child I've always felt like Zelda was this "underground" franchise for connoisseurs, very few of my friends actually ever played a Zelda game.

I actually do think OoT looked better than SS. Graphics is not all about polygon count, textures and whatnot, it's about how well you feel immersed in the world you're playing in. Nevertheless, even if you don't agree with what I am saying, there is always OoT 3D which I can definitely say looks much better than SS and I would have been very happy if SS boasted the same graphics. Clear, sharp graphics, without any of the unnecessary blooming or bleached out textures.

I remember reading an issue of NP that said that the world in SS was massive. I'm not sure what they were on about, it feels much smaller than other Zelda titles. It's too linear, there are almost no NPCs anywhere and very few monsters. It's like Nintendo didn't want people to "waste" time looking around and instead just go from A to B while occasionally encountering a few puzzles (which seems stupid because any ways you will end up "wasting" time running back to town to upgrade your gear and whatnot.)

I definitely don't think this is the best Zelda game ever, that statement feels like an insult to previous games in the franchise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom