• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Third Silent Realm

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
So for the last two silent realms, I went blundering in without a strategy, and that obviously did not go well. So I was wondering if you guys and gals have any tips or strategies for the Eldin Volcano Silent Realm? Anything is appreciated!

Nicole

luke is my wife
In all honesty, I never had a strategy going into any of the Silent Realms. I absolutely hated them though lol. Upon completing them, I'd literally be shaking. I get scared rather easily though. It wasn't even that I was bad at them, I just dislike being powerless among scary enemies. In the end, though, I think I only died twice but had to restart four times maybe (in all of the Silent Realms combined). I don't remember if I had to restart in the Eldin Silent Realm, but I think I did because I ran out of time and panicked. I dunno.

Basically, what I did in the Silent Realms is stay in the safe area for as long as possible in the beginning to get used to my surroundings. Once I was ready, I'd leave one or two of the easiest tears for last, in case I was running low on time and couldn't find another tear, I'd have a few to fall back on. I do recall alerting the enemies towards the end of the Silent Realm as I remember one of them was about to kill me just as I reached the final tear, which of course was a blunder on my part. The Eldin Silent Realm is rather tricky, what with huge amounts of lava pools, having to scale the mountain, etc. I think with some practice you should pick it up rather easily. That's the best strategy I can really recommend; practice and learning where the tears are and how to navigate the environment.

Good luck! :)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I have the Prima guide for Skyward Sword. It recommends to collect the tears in a clockwise order until you reach the opposite side of the map, then head towards the center, collecting a couple more across the way, and you should have eight of them before going for the ones in the center. The last one you should get is on the highest point in the map.

The hardest part about this Silent Realm is getting around the walls, because different areas are closed off. I would recommend figuring out your way around the place before the next serious attempt. Another tip is to not collect the easy tears and look for the hard ones first, saving the easy tears for when you need more time.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The reason that I had so much trouble adjusting to Eldin's Silent Realm is because they changed pretty much everything up. Every other Silent Realm had the same landscape as the normal provinces. So why they changed it up a lot, I don't know.

Like Nicole and Cel-Shaded Deku said, the task is made so much easier if you go look for the hardest Light Tears first. The hardest ones for me were on that rope-swing, on the hill with the aerial Watchers, and the two on the slide. If I have this right, once you take those off the chart, you'll be left with an effortless line-up of Tears to grab. You only need to know where they all are first. Thus I'd recommend memorizing the location of each one and work out a plan to get them in the order that's easiest for you. The Eldin Silent Realm was my least favorite, but only because I didn't go in utterly prepared and had to restart so many times due to that.

I'll leave you with some quick pointers:

- Watch out for the Waking Water on the slide
- Don't get in the lantern light of the aerial Watchers on that one steep hill
- Concentrate extra hard on that rope-swing Tear so that too much time isn't taken up
- And save the Tear that's nearby the safety zone for later in case you need to grab one quickly

That should be enough to get you off to a good start. Much luck to you! :)

Well...ZeldaDungeon's lovely map of the silent realm is very helpful :D I kind of winged the silent realms, but then when I was missing only one or two, checked the map. I would say study the map beforehand and figure out a strategy. The ones on the slide I would say wait until you've been caught already because the area near the air vent is safe from guardians and watchers, and then you don't have to worry if you fall in the waking water. Yes there's a guardian at the bottom but you can run from it if necessary. easier than grabbing the tear and then falling into waking water. Don't save them for last though!

Um...run. A lot. :D

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
When you get out of the circle, take the left path up that dirt hill. When it's quiet, there are a ton of Watchers that you'd have to be careful to avoid. But when the Guardians are awake, you don't have to worry about them. After you get those two, get everything else. When you go down that dirt slide, keep calm, and steer carefully. There's a tear close to the end, but save it just in case you accidentally hit Waking Water. There's also one across a skeleton path thing. When the coast is clear, just run toward that tear, and don't stop until you get to the other side. I would post a video tutorial if I could. But I don't have anything to record it with.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Um... yeah for this one I just did a lot of running. The other silent realms were more doable for me because you could take your time and stealthily avoid the watchers, but for this one I just couldn't avoid them. Fortunately there's a lot of ways to get away from the guardians here. If you're near lava and a guardian's about to catch you, just jump into the lava, it'll give you a few precious seconds to run away. Also I went up to the slide a LOT, because you could lure the floating guardians up there, then slide down far away from them.

To start with, though, get the two on the slope to the left when you first enter(this can be particularly tricky, as the watchers are really cramped here). Make your way to that one tear on the swing on the other side of the map after that; that's the hardest one to catch, and you do NOT want to be caught trying to catch that one when guardians are after you, as there's nowhere to run in that particular area and you will most likely die. But yeah, once you get the one on the swing and the ones on the slide, it should be smooth sailing.

Y

yahtzee713

The Eldin Volcano Silent Realm was the hardest Silent Realm for me. The first couple of times, I failed miserably. But now I have realized my mistake and want to help you out so you may progress in the game. Collect an easy Tear to set the timer, than collect the hardest Tears first. Once those are out of the way, it becomes very easy.
When going down the slope, begin by running down, so that you can take the correct path and not run into any Watchers or Waking Water. Also, the Light Fruits are very helpful for finding those final Tears.
The final words of wisdom that I can bestow upon you are to stay calm. If you are calm and not nervous than it will go over much, much easier. I hope this helps you for this and the final Silent Realms. Enjoy.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I usually go for the furthest out ones that i can (Once you have those light fruit thingies) and grab any on the way too obviously, but then at the end you just run back and get the closer ones so you dont have as much of a panic getting back to the safe area. I don't have a particular variation on this for Eldin though.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
You might have passed it by now, but for a future Silent Realm I suggest by passing the REALLY easy and obvious ones and go for the hardest ones first. That way you have plenty of out in the open tears just in case you get chased by a Guardian.

hm.. I don't remember where are all of the tears, but I recommend going up, and getting the ones on the slide first, then get the ones at a hill that is full of watchers, those are the most difficult, then you go for the rest. It is better to go for those before, because missing them when you're almost complete may cause control-breaking rage. I hope you'll be able to finish it!

First time I played through silent realms I hated them. Now I actually love them. From a game mechanic POV is kinda genius, really makes you feel inside the game! Very nervracking

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom