• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Third Hunger Games Fanfic

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Ah, so now we find out who killed five careers. Using the enviornment is smart. :nod: Great chapter!

Keep it up Myriad. This series is epic, never wants me to stop reading it for I can't wait to know what happens next!
~Ki

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Ah, so now we find out who killed five careers. Using the enviornment is smart. :nod: Great chapter!

Keep it up Myriad. This series is epic, never wants me to stop reading it for I can't wait to know what happens next!
~Ki

Didn't you already know who killed them?

Rogue Emerald
District 3

I've come to one conclusion. As long as I remain in the alliance with Shado, I'm safe. He actually is nice to his friends, totally unlike the cold-blooded side he shows to his enemies. In fact, in order to remind myself that he's actually a threat, I replay the sequence at the mountain with the Careers. I killed three Careers, technically, I think. He didn't do that much.

But, in actuality, he had. He'd told me where to place the bombs so that they would function correctly. He'd lured the boy from 1 into a corner and then my boulder had killed him. I sigh, and then lean back against a tree. Nothing else to do except wait until nightfall, wait until my meeting with Shado. My stomach grumbles. Then again, maybe not.

I get up and pull out my sword. Not the best hunting weapon, but it will have to do. I stealthily follow a deer, and then realize that unless someone else had taken it, there was a whole bunch of food at the Cornucopia just sitting there. I sheathe my sword, and travel maybe 200 feet to the edge of the mountain. This is going to be a tough climb.

It's steep enough that you can run down it, but it would be really, really hard to climb. I wince as I remember all the footholds that I hit while running down. Those footholds really hurt the feet. I'm glad for them now. Strange that they put the mountain here. Better entertainment to see someone stabbing another in the chest rather than falling off a mountain.

I begin to climb. A cold gust of wind nearly knocks me off barely 10 seconds after I begin. I climb and climb, and I am beginning to think it would have been better to just stuck with the hunting. It's a bit too late now. After what seems like hours, I finally reach the top, and am rewarded with the Cornucopia's stash just sitting there.

It can't be that easy. It shouldn't be. But it is. I rest for a minute to catch my breath. Hopefully, I won't kill myself on the way down. After I'm rested up, I head toward the stash. I know it shouldn't be that easy, but what harm can it do? As soon as I reach the stash, I reach out, and then the rug is pulled out from under me. Literally.

The ground crumbles beneath me, and I fall into a pit. I begin to yell, trying to get out. A figure appears over me, one that I recognize. The girl from 5. She frowns. "I meant to get your compatriot," she says. "However, you will do." I scrape at the sides, but, of course, to no avail. "What do you want? The stash is too big for you alone. Why keep it all?"

As soon as I say this I realize how stupid a question that was. You'd want as much supplies and food as you possibly could to survive. "I found it, it is mine," she says. "Thieves are punished by death, you know, back in the Districts. Well, I think I'll just leave you, and let nature take care of you."

She walks away as I scream. I scream until I get bored of it, and then quiet myself. No use in doing that. What the girl doesn't know is that I have a meeting with Shado tonight. He'll get me out. But knowing that I'll eventually get out won't change the fact that I'm still hungry.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Fank you.

Aya Ki
District 10

I flip my knife into my hands and point it at the boy from 2. He smirks, and I jab the knife a bit forward in the air, almost touching his forehead. He goes cross-eyed, looking at the blade, and chuckles. "You're going to kill me? Me?" I look at him. "Well, I'm mighty considering it, considering your attitude." He chuckles.

"And lose the info you need?" His smirk widens, making him even more infuriating. Reyna steps forward several paces. "So you know who killed the Careers?" He closes his eyes in an extremely infuriating manner, that ridiculous smirk still plastered all over his face. "Yeah. And, as you can tell, there is a reason I was the one to survive."

Great. Now he's bragging. I'm about to slap him in the face, but Reyna beats me to it, slapping him across the skull, leaving a red welt. "OW!" The boy from two rubs his cheek. "That hurt...." Reyna looks at him with distaste. "It was supposed to," she says with a hint of satisfaction. "You Careers aren't as invincible as you would want us to believe. Which is why someone smart finally came along. I'd like to cheer for the person who killed you all, but I know he'll be just as dangerous to us."

The boy's infuriating smirk comes back. "So you can't kill me. 'Cause I doubt there's another person in these Games who knows....." I whack him on the head with the flat of my blade. This must be really amusing for the Capitol audience. I smile at him. "Which is why you're going to tell us, right?"

He grumbles. "Fine. Then will you let me go?" Reyna raises her eyebrow. "I'm tempted to kill you after we get the information, but, of course, then you just wouldn't give us the information. Might was well. I'll let you go then, after you tell us." He smiles. "Well then. I'll tell you. The two who did it were the shadow and the bomb."

"What?" He moves faster than I could have thought possible, and punches me in the face. I double back, and Reyna unsheathes her knife and charges at him. He flips his own dagger into his hands, and blocks her attack, and spins the blade around, showing off. I pull out a second dagger, and hurdle myself at him. Despite his overconfidence, he's skilled.

I stab, and he blocks with the flat of his blade, and backsteps to avoid a slash from Reyna. She stumbles, and he kicks her to the ground. Then, probably as payback, he stamps his boot in her face. A wave of fury sweeps over me, and I attack him with both knives. He blocks, and jabs at me, which I barely manage to dodge.

He brings his knife down toward me. Both my knives move up to block it. With our blades lock, I kick him in the chest, sending him spinning to the ground. His knife clatters out of his hands. The knife seems rather popular this year, I think. I hold my dagger to his chest.

"What do you mean by the shadow and the bomb?" I ask, keeping the blade at his chest. He chuckles, which is almost as infuriating as his smile. "And why in the world do you think I would tell you?" He uppercuts me, sending me flying back.

He picks up his knife and looks at me. "I kept my end of the bargain. You should keep yours. What filthy hypocrites, calling us liars and deceivers! Like you're any better." I snarl at him. "You're being a bit of a hypocrite yourself." He looks at me. "It doesn't matter. Take care of your friend."

He turns around and runs away through the piney woods. I turn to look at Reyna. "You all right?" I ask. She moans, and gets up. She has a black eye from the payback kick, and looks rather beat up. "Nothing I can really do," I say, "nothing too serious, just some scrapes and bruises. It would have been worse if he'd used his knife."

She nods. "I think....I think I should rest now." I nod. I set her up against a tree, and she dozes off. I sigh, and set myself back against a different tree. Then something catches my eye. A human-shaped shadow on the ground. And it's not mine or Reyna's.

I turn around to see a figure in the trees that I can't make out in the sun. A rather slim figure, with two swords in its hands. I stumble back a few paces. Then the figure nods, turns away, and jumps away through the trees.

Last edited:
This chapter was excellent! The action was very well-written. You're grammar was great, but I caught a few errors:

With our blades locked,

Not too big of a deal here; you probably just forgot to add the -ed.

Like you're any better.

"Better" would make a lot more sense. Saying "like you're any worse" is more of a compliment than an insult.

He turns around( , ) and runs away through the piney woods.

The comma is not necessary here. A comma would only be necessary if there was another independent clause after the "and". If the sentence was "He turns around, and then he runs away through the piney woods." then the comma is needed. You did great with this elsewhere in the story though.

Nice chapter, Myriad.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Nice chapter. I can't wait until the next one. I love what you have done with all the characters, And I can't wait until I see what you will do with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom