• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Third Game or Sequel?

Would you rather have a third game or sequel for the Gen 6 games?

• Third Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sequels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
The fifth generation of Pokémon introduced a new concept to the Pokémon series at the time, making a sequel to the previous game rather than later adding a tertiary installment. For X and Y, would you rather have a third version of the game come out or have a sequel like they did last gen?

I'd personally prefer a third version of the game. Not only will I save money on it, but also the sequel would mostly be for plot purposes rather than actual gameplay difference like in the Gen 5 games, so it probably would be just the same and not as interesting this time around.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Looking at what happened with Gen 5, I'm gonna say they're making a third game rather than a sequel, even though I personally like the sequel approach.

For starters, the names X and Y are just begging for a Z version. Zygarde is already established to be an equal third part of the trio, rather than the origin of the other two legendaries as was the case with Kyurem. Also, looking at the map for Unova in BW1, it looks like there were huge chunks that were intended to be there but weren't added until BW2. This causes me to think that BW2 is, as far as gameplay is concerned, what GameFreak intended BW1 to be.

The narrative difference are still up in the air; I don't know what XY are gonna be like in that regard and so there's always the option to follow up on the events that transpire in them. But compared to the rest of the games it's clear BW1 had a fully-developed plot rather than a string of incidences that occur at the side while you get your badges. This allowed for BW2 to build off of that plot and take it in a new direction. For XY to pull of the same thing they will have to have a fully-developed plot similar to BW1 that runs through the whole game.

Now, I could definitely be wrong, I'm only a few hours into the game. But at this point I'm placing my bet on "Pokemon Z" rather than "Pokemon X2/Y2".

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Z because THIS GUY!!!

zygarde.png

I really hope that they don't go the sequel route again. Mostly because it'll save me money, especially since I have yet to purchase X version.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Hmm, lets see, One legendary gives life the other takes life, what would a third one do? Spirit walk?

Looking at what happened with Gen 5, I'm gonna say they're making a third game rather than a sequel, even though I personally like the sequel approach.

For starters, the names X and Y are just begging for a Z version. Zygarde is already established to be an equal third part of the trio, rather than the origin of the other two legendaries as was the case with Kyurem. Also, looking at the map for Unova in BW1, it looks like there were huge chunks that were intended to be there but weren't added until BW2. This causes me to think that BW2 is, as far as gameplay is concerned, what GameFreak intended BW1 to be.

The narrative difference are still up in the air; I don't know what XY are gonna be like in that regard and so there's always the option to follow up on the events that transpire in them. But compared to the rest of the games it's clear BW1 had a fully-developed plot rather than a string of incidences that occur at the side while you get your badges. This allowed for BW2 to build off of that plot and take it in a new direction. For XY to pull of the same thing they will have to have a fully-developed plot similar to BW1 that runs through the whole game.

Now, I could definitely be wrong, I'm only a few hours into the game. But at this point I'm placing my bet on "Pokemon Z" rather than "Pokemon X2/Y2".

Well I for one thought Pokemon Grey would have been a very suitable name, would have been a great play on the Theme of the games of the black and white areas of morality when it in reality all a grey area.

Oh well, but ya the map was very odd to me too, its like half of it opens up after you beat it , but aside from catching older pokemon and a few legendaries there wasn't anything nearly as meaningful as a "2nd adventure" like gold/silver had. And though I haven't played black/white2 I can't really say if it feels like it included the game they wanted black/white 1 to be, it would make sense then why they did a sequel. (Either that or maybe they'd see if it would make more money as 2 titles instead of a single third game like previous generations)

Last edited:

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Oh! And they could add to the "After-Plot" of Z explaining what happens to Team Flair's leader.

I see that I'm in the minority, but I kinda hope for a sequel. Now I don't really want a two game sequel, but if they could mesh the two games into one sequel I'd like that. That's what I'd like to see because I hardly ever go for the third game that happens. I liked what they did with Black 2/White 2, but can see that may not be the best move financially. If they can make it work though that's what I'd like to see. If it's just Pokemon Z with no sequelness to it, I may still get it, but I'd prefer a sequel if there's more of a story to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom