• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Thinking of a Name...

LordFire

King of Fire
~Discovering Hyrule~

**FOREWORD**
This is my first attempt at writing a story for any other audience other than a teacher. I do hope that you will all aid me to help improve my writing. If you like the story, please tell me why because I can't read your mind through the internet or face to face. I do hope you will enjoy my lack of creativity. This is a story based on the land of Hyrule with a few additions here and there, don't "grade" this story on how well it matches up with the Zelda games. Have fun.
-LordFire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents

------------~Prologue~ [PRO0]
------------~Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Visitor~ [CHP01]
------------~Chapter 2~ [CHP02]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Prologue~
[PRO00]

Alas, life in this world is dull. The land of Hyrule isn't so majestic as people would like to think. Sure, the thunderous mountains in the distance help create such a wonderful sunset. The crickets, chirping quite a distance away give a sense of tranquility. The crystal clear water in which you can see your reflection. However, this place is not so happy and care-free as I would like it. When you are poor, you lose all you really have. Compassion with other people fades away as they ask for this month's rent. My pockets get lighter and lighter, almost literally flinging rupees out as I walk. In times of peace, a mercenary really doesn't get much money so we go into the depths from which none shall return. We are conscripted as protectors of the peace for small villages which don't have a sense of military or police. The local militia joins us as we are forced to patrol in a cramped space outside, day and night. The pay is low, only 10 rupees an hour compared to what I used to make anyways. I might as well describe the layout of the town while you're listening...

The town square is a small place, like a four-way intersection. A fountain resides in the center filled with "holy-water" blessed by the "goddesses" or something to that affect. The insignia of the goddesses, the Triforce, is engraved into every side of the fountain. The fountain itself is made of a white stone, rough but beautiful enough. The water is clear, crystal clear. The area around the fountain is surrounded by a ring of slightly yellowish grass going about 3 inches out. Then it's paved roads, a brick pattern going in a circle throughout the fountain. It goes out quite a bit before reaching the houses, where it separates into four roads which leads to the exits of the village and other side-roads.

The houses in this village are mostly the same, a straw thatch roof overhead with a golden color to it. The walls are made of stone, rough like the fountain, with holes in the side for glass windows. The glass on most of them is smudged, never really cleaned because the children will just press their little faces into the glass and smudge it up once again. Most houses are the same, except for shops which have a larger window to display goods and a small wooden beam sticking vertically out of the house above their door which has a sign which either has text on it or a picture to describe what is sold inside.

The village people are kind enough, but still little money-grabbers in my opinion. Most of the adults, except for the church and village head, cannot read or speak proper Hylian. The children can, which they learn from their teachers. Most of the adults don't really see the reason to read when the only thing to read are scriptures depicting the goddesses and their depart from Hyrule, or about the Hero of Time Link who resides in the castle in the horizon. However, reading is a very valuable skill for me (especially in reading my contracts).

This entire village is shaped like an enormous octagon from the skies, if you were able to fly that is. It's surrounded by a lush, green forest filled with critters of all kinds. Bugs which are almost as big as a man's hand, monkeys that hang from the trees eating yellow bananas watching us with wary eyes, and birds which chirp a song whenever you walk by. Small, dirt roads go through the forest and are usually safe from bandits as many traders go to and from the village to the world at large. A river intersects the village by the south, depositing into a lake not far from the village itself. The lake is surrounded by a meadow, covered in tall yellowish grass. The lake is clear, small fishes swim past as fast as you can blink. Lilly pads float on the surface, frogs croaking away waiting for an unfortunate bug to pass before them snap 'em up. The lake is a perfect place for fishing, in my opinion, and some locals use it to transport fresh fish for their families. A small flower or two can be seen, just barely growing near the trees surrounding the clearing. They are grand oaks, leaves as green as can be. The sun is in the distance, mountains blocking it's full majesty. Fluffy, white clouds drift along the surface of the sky.

Today is a peaceful day, but not exactly a good one for my wallet. Eras of peace like this are not good for any mercenary's wallet. It simply makes us poor and lazy. We fatten up, getting paid lower than the lowliest of men. Our honor is forgotten, brave deeds of the past mean nothing to the people of today. No one thinks we're worth anything, in their eyes we're trash. That's what I interpret from those looks I get whenever I walk by, people just look at me like I'm some kind of freak. I know what they're thinking...

"Why doesn't he just settle down and start afresh? A life like that can't be anything but trouble."

They pity us for being who we are, I know that to be true. I hate them for thinking of our lifestyle as a troublesome one. We fight because we're good at it, nothing else. Mercenaries don't look for trouble, trouble looks for us.

~Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Visitor~
[CHP01]

I felt someone shaking me, violently.

"Come on, wake up!" I heard, thunderous in my dreams.

"What, what?!" I bolted up, yelling with frustration. I rubbed my groggy eyes and looked around, seeing I had fallen asleep in the meadow by the lake. I then noticed a man was above me, arms crossed with a frustrated look on his face. He was a white male, around 5 feet and 6 inches in height. He was bald and often wore a hood above his head weaved of a brown cloth, most likely silk, with some designs on it which declared him as the village head.

"Get up! It's your shift!" He bellowed, grabbing my arm and hoisting me up.

"Geez, alright. Just let me get a drink and I'll be set..." I whined, rubbing my now sore arm.

"Make it quick though." The head replied simply. He turned, headed upstream to the village and called to me, "Someone was looking for you, by the way. Some stranger."

"Huh? Describe them for me." I yelled in response, cupping my hands around my mouth. He was already gone, out of sight.
What a bother. I thought to myself. Looking to the small lake, I headed towards it. My reflection was as clear as day in the sparkling waters, and I was handsome as ever.

I had black hair, hidden by a brown fedora with an insignia from the self-proclaimed "King of Fire" who resides on Death Mountain. My eyes were blue, light blue. I stood at a 6 feet 2 inches, tall enough for me. I had slept in my mercenary clothes, chain mail made of expensive mithril over a black silk shirt and pants made of denim colored black as well. A belt looped around my waist, made of leather. I had large boots made of leather and colored black, to my specification. A cloak wound around my torso and covered most of my armament, a pale red the cloak is colored.

I yawned, and splashed some water onto my face from the lake.

"Today is not going to be fun at all." I thought aloud. Getting up, I brushed off some grass that stuck to my pants and headed to the village upstream. I felt hot in all the gear and black clothing as I walked. Looking around, water dripped from leaves on the trees which surrounded me and threatened to trap me within the confines of the forest.

I had began to talk to myself, thinking aloud to tell a more accurate story. "Gods and Goddesses, stories about triangles which grant you power... A hero who traveled through time..." I shook my head, chuckling. "Who believes that kind of stuff anymore?"

" 'Aye! Who does?" A voice called, faint but definitely close-by.

"Where are you," I began, trying to tag a name to that voice, "Umm... Ethan?"

"Meh, you always were bad with names." The voice called out, and I saw a silhouette appear in the distance. "And there you are!"

Ethan Pinadi, pronounced Pin-Ah-Dee, is a male like myself. White with blond hair, cut short. It rested on his head with nothing to cover it. He had brown or black eyes, kind of hard to tell, and stood at about 5 feet and 7 inches tall. He wore a tunic, some chain mail maid of iron rested on top. Gloves made of leather and shoes made of leather were both brown in color. The tunic was a orange-ish color. We wore tights underneath the tunic and had a hood and cloak which often surrounded him as he traveled. The cloak was made of silk and colored brown.

"Come on, the chief is going to be on our case if we keep lolly-gagging out here." He called out, motioning for me to come closer with his right hand.

"Yeah, I know." I complained as I grew closer.

"So, it appears you're quite popular with the ladies outside of town, eh?!" Ethan said with a grin on his face which can be compared to a giddy school girl.

"What?" I inquired, my brows furrowed.

"Don't be shy, she came 'round looking for you!" Ethan practically laughed, patting me on the back.

"Huh? I don't think I've ever met a woman before, any who I would like to settle down with anyways." I said, confused as I had ever been.

"I know you're trying to lie, you can be honest with me though. I promise." Ethan quickly responded, the grin just barely lessening.

"Think what you like, I don't know who she is or why she is looking for me." I told him calmly, a straight face on. My hand moved to a sword on my side, Regis Fire or RegiFire, and clenches it tightly with my hand. "Whoever she is, I don't think we'll get along." I murmured, although it was heard very clearly by Ethan.

"Don't be like that! You're always like that!" Ethan said, his face losing that ever-so-present smile. "Paranoid, I tell ya'!" Ethan simply explained, shaking his head.

"Whatever, I've had faces with death before." I countered. "Oh, there is the gate..."

The village gate was a stone-made wall with a door on the side, often times locked. That was what the village called a gate, very saddening... I went towards it, fumbling in my pocket for a key which could open the door. Finding it, I quickly unlocked the door and entered the small village.

"Now, I'm going to look for that woman and have a chat with her using my sword." I stated calmly, heading out into the village.

"Yeah, yeah. Just make sure it doesn't end up like last time..." Ethan called out as I departed.

I set off, heading to the town square to see if I could ask some townsfolk where this mystery woman could be. The church would no doubt have noticed, those priests have too much free-time on their hands. As I approached the stone fountain, I heard a person call out to me. A woman's voice, no doubt.

"Ah, so you came..." This mysterious person said.

"Where are you? I heard you wanted to speak to me..." I responded, looking left and right as I drew my sword.

"Don't need to get so worked up..." I heard the voice say, and a figure stepped from behind the fountain. It was a woman, no doubt, covered in a cloak which obscured any identifying features.

"So, why were you looking for me?" I warily said, raising my sword. Townsfolk looked at me like I was a lunatic, but I didn't care since I could be dead by this person.

"Now now, I just came to seek your employment." She responded, pointing to the street behind her. "Follow me and we can discuss the terms of our contract... The pay will be high, I assure you."

That instantly got my attention and I lowered the sword, keeping it unsheathed, and followed her into the village...

~Chapter 2~
[CHP02]

To be continued. Please put criticisms below. As for the name, I'm still thinking about it.

Last edited:
--I will finish this later, this forum needs a save option. Give me your input while I wait.--
Just type it in a word document, and copy/paste when ready to post.
That's what I do.

Anyway, I liked it, although you should seperate paragraphs with double spaces, this makes it more neat and looks more professional.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
i loved it LordFire. maybe you could give me some criticism on my story. it's down there

LordFire

King of Fire
I've finished the Prologue and will be getting started on the first chapter soon.

Chapter 1 is now up so I can rest soundly. I shall post it below and in the actually story above for everyone's benefit:

~Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Visitor~
[CHP01]

I felt someone shaking me, violently.

"Come on, wake up!" I heard, thunderous in my dreams.

"What, what?!" I bolted up, yelling with frustration. I rubbed my groggy eyes and looked around, seeing I had fallen asleep in the meadow by the lake. I then noticed a man was above me, arms crossed with a frustrated look on his face. He was a white male, around 5 feet and 6 inches in height. He was bald and often wore a hood above his head weaved of a brown cloth, most likely silk, with some designs on it which declared him as the village head.

"Get up! It's your shift!" He bellowed, grabbing my arm and hoisting me up.

"Geez, alright. Just let me get a drink and I'll be set..." I whined, rubbing my now sore arm.

"Make it quick though." The head replied simply. He turned, headed upstream to the village and called to me, "Someone was looking for you, by the way. Some stranger."

"Huh? Describe them for me." I yelled in response, cupping my hands around my mouth. He was already gone, out of sight.
What a bother. I thought to myself. Looking to the small lake, I headed towards it. My reflection was as clear as day in the sparkling waters, and I was handsome as ever.

I had black hair, hidden by a brown fedora with an insignia from the self-proclaimed "King of Fire" who resides on Death Mountain. My eyes were blue, light blue. I stood at a 6 feet 2 inches, tall enough for me. I had slept in my mercenary clothes, chain mail made of expensive mithril over a black silk shirt and pants made of denim colored black as well. A belt looped around my waist, made of leather. I had large boots made of leather and colored black, to my specification. A cloak wound around my torso and covered most of my armament, a pale red the cloak is colored.

I yawned, and splashed some water onto my face from the lake.

"Today is not going to be fun at all." I thought aloud. Getting up, I brushed off some grass that stuck to my pants and headed to the village upstream. I felt hot in all the gear and black clothing as I walked. Looking around, water dripped from leaves on the trees which surrounded me and threatened to trap me within the confines of the forest.

I had began to talk to myself, thinking aloud to tell a more accurate story. "Gods and Goddesses, stories about triangles which grant you power... A hero who traveled through time..." I shook my head, chuckling. "Who believes that kind of stuff anymore?"

" 'Aye! Who does?" A voice called, faint but definitely close-by.

"Where are you," I began, trying to tag a name to that voice, "Umm... Ethan?"

"Meh, you always were bad with names." The voice called out, and I saw a silhouette appear in the distance. "And there you are!"

Ethan Pinadi, pronounced Pin-Ah-Dee, is a male like myself. White with blond hair, cut short. It rested on his head with nothing to cover it. He had brown or black eyes, kind of hard to tell, and stood at about 5 feet and 7 inches tall. He wore a tunic, some chain mail maid of iron rested on top. Gloves made of leather and shoes made of leather were both brown in color. The tunic was a orange-ish color. We wore tights underneath the tunic and had a hood and cloak which often surrounded him as he traveled. The cloak was made of silk and colored brown.

"Come on, the chief is going to be on our case if we keep lolly-gagging out here." He called out, motioning for me to come closer with his right hand.

"Yeah, I know." I complained as I grew closer.

"So, it appears you're quite popular with the ladies outside of town, eh?!" Ethan said with a grin on his face which can be compared to a giddy school girl.

"What?" I inquired, my brows furrowed.

"Don't be shy, she came 'round looking for you!" Ethan practically laughed, patting me on the back.

"Huh? I don't think I've ever met a woman before, any who I would like to settle down with anyways." I said, confused as I had ever been.

"I know you're trying to lie, you can be honest with me though. I promise." Ethan quickly responded, the grin just barely lessening.

"Think what you like, I don't know who she is or why she is looking for me." I told him calmly, a straight face on. My hand moved to a sword on my side, Regis Fire or RegiFire, and clenches it tightly with my hand. "Whoever she is, I don't think we'll get along." I murmured, although it was heard very clearly by Ethan.

"Don't be like that! You're always like that!" Ethan said, his face losing that ever-so-present smile. "Paranoid, I tell ya'!" Ethan simply explained, shaking his head.

"Whatever, I've had faces with death before." I countered. "Oh, there is the gate..."

The village gate was a stone-made wall with a door on the side, often times locked. That was what the village called a gate, very saddening... I went towards it, fumbling in my pocket for a key which could open the door. Finding it, I quickly unlocked the door and entered the small village.

"Now, I'm going to look for that woman and have a chat with her using my sword." I stated calmly, heading out into the village.

"Yeah, yeah. Just make sure it doesn't end up like last time..." Ethan called out as I departed.

I set off, heading to the town square to see if I could ask some townsfolk where this mystery woman could be. The church would no doubt have noticed, those priests have too much free-time on their hands. As I approached the stone fountain, I heard a person call out to me. A woman's voice, no doubt.

"Ah, so you came..." This mysterious person said.

"Where are you? I heard you wanted to speak to me..." I responded, looking left and right as I drew my sword.

"Don't need to get so worked up..." I heard the voice say, and a figure stepped from behind the fountain. It was a woman, no doubt, covered in a cloak which obscured any identifying features.

"So, why were you looking for me?" I warily said, raising my sword. Townsfolk looked at me like I was a lunatic, but I didn't care since I could be dead by this person.

"Now now, I just came to seek your employment." She responded, pointing to the street behind her. "Follow me and we can discuss the terms of our contract... The pay will be high, I assure you."

That instantly got my attention and I lowered the sword, keeping it unsheathed, and followed her into the city...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please post your criticisms below. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom