• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Think We Can Expect Dark Link to Make a Comeback in ALBW?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I doubt Dark Link will be present in this game. And if he is, I'm sure he will play a very minimal role (like a miniboss at most). I don't particularly want him to be in this game either; I think he fits better in 3D games.

Salem

SICK
Yes it does. Did you not see the three Dark Links in the scene in TP in which Lanayru was talking about the Dark Interlopers? Think about it, out of all Zelda villains why would they Dark Link in that scene?
Well Dark Link appearing in Twilight Princess was a cameo, much like it was in Spirit Tracks - I wouldn't look too deep into it. The Dark Links are more of reference to the "bad side" of someone, so in reference in that scene - the bad side of Link. People lusted after this power, shown by Link and Ilia, but Link makes it and suddenly turns into a darker form of himself (his dark/bad side). I see that as more of a symbolic scene, the Interlopers take on this appearance to represent the bad, but I would still say this is more of a symbolism to what I mentioned earlier.
I was gonna say that but Justac00guy answered for me. You see, that whole scene was meant to be symbolise what happens to people when they seek great power to satisfy their greed, they start to kill their friends etc. It wasn't supposed to mean Dark Link will be in the game.

:facepalm: Dark Link can be meant do more than just fight Link. Dark Link is supposed to be like an Anti-Link, which like I just said can be meant for more than just fight Link. As an Anti-Link, Dark Link is against all that Link stands for and supports all that Link is against, like Ganon as well as the idea of terrorism upon Hyrule, which in process will eventually effect Link anyways. According to TP and SS (faintly), Dark Link obviously isn't supposed to be just some shadow figure who only fight Link, no, he's supposed be at least one of the leaders of the Dark Interlopers. Dark Link is supposed to be the opposite of Link as in the Villain rather than the Hero. You see, this makes Dark Link the true main antagonist of the series because of Link who is the main protagonist. As we all know, it's the main antagonist's purpose in a franchise to terrorize the world for the sake of ruining the main protagonist's life by either killing/hurting those who he/she cares about, turn them against him/her, or use them as bait. By doing at least one of those things, the main antagonist can at times succeed and bring the main protagonist down into depression by holding that against him/her to destroy his/her character and what he/she stands for as the main antagonist crushes on the main protagonist's confidence. In simple words, the true main antagonist is supposed to be the exact opposite or rather an evil look alike of the main protagonist.
I still don't understand why ANY villain out there can't do all these things.

Good point. However, Dark Link technically isn't really Link.
Yeah but he's meant to be a "copy" of Link, wouldn't he need to emulate him in some way? If WAY too different from Link, then why not have a new main villain? I'm not saying Dark Link shouldn't be in the game or used again at all, in fact, I don't know what I'm saying anymore.....

*sigh* All I got is I'm done arguing about this stuff, it's your belief not mine, we all have the right to believe what we want. If I choose to believe things my own way, I can, I have the right to do that, all anyone else can do is respect my own belief while they have the right to have their own belief as well as I do and I respect that. If you want to believe by what you said, go ahead, no one is stopping you. So far, all I've been doing in regard of beliefs and theories was only just pointing out my opinions, beliefs, and theories of things, I never wanted any of those opinions, beliefs, and theories to turn into arguments.
Overdramatic much? You don't need to overreact, man, we're here to have fun, not get our feeling hurt for nothing.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
*sigh* All I got is I'm done arguing about this stuff, it's your belief not mine, we all have the right to believe what we want. If I choose to believe things my own way, I can, I have the right to do that, all anyone else can do is respect my own belief while they have the right to have their own belief as well as I do and I respect that. If you want to believe by what you said, go ahead, no one is stopping you. So far, all I've been doing in regard of beliefs and theories was only just pointing out my opinions, beliefs, and theories of things, I never wanted any of those opinions, beliefs, and theories to turn into arguments.
I think you are taking things a bit too seriously to be honest.

Theories are presented to be discussed upon, deciphered and to be criticised. If not, there would be no point having a theory section on this site nor anywhere going by that logic. I think it's fine to believe anything, I even mentioned that in my post, but to make believable theories, you have to back it up with evidence and maybe counter people who argue against our theory, it's not me or anyone else being disrespectful, it's just giving critique where it's needed.

If you don't want your theories to be criticised then I wouldn't post them on the site as you will get this response, unless your theory is backed up with a lot of evidence. Fact is, I liked your theory and sure I've even considered Dark Link being a part of the Interlopers, I'm sure a lot of us have, even I posted a theory, when I first became active, on Dark Link being connected to Ghirahim. This theory got fairly criticised, but hey, that's all a part of being a theorist, not all theories are correct and that's the fun part.

I didn't actually answer the thread topic last time so I'll get on with that.

I think there could be a chance of Dark Link appearing in this game, Nintendo obviously like him and the he has gained a, somewhat, infamous status among the Zelda fanbase. Well if he does make an appearance, it's all about what his appearance means to that game. Will he play a big role? Maybe a Boss or even a villain figure of sorts? However, he could just make a cameo appearance, much like in Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks. I'd prefer the former, I like Dark Link, he does have that aura, the fact that Link has a darker version of himself is quite intriguing and I would like to know just what exactly he is.

Dark Link has potential, Nintendo could easily build a story behind him if they so wanted to. I know that Dark Link seems just like an empty entity of sorts--that makes his one off appearance, but the idea of him is great and, truth be told, I would love to see him with some sort of back bone and a bigger role.

I agree that it would be interesting to see Dark Link in this game.

I actually started a thread a few weeks ago discussing an idea I had, which included battling a "Dark Link" at the end of the game, but coming to discover that the Dark Link was actually the counterpart of Link from A Link to the Past who had been slowly corrupted by the Triforce over many generations (you then go on to battle the corrupted Link as the final boss battle). The thread then somehow quickly regressed into a shouting match about pink hair or something....sigh.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
They seem to really be pushing the light versus dark idea with this one, so I wouldn't be to surprised if they did. Since they probably won't use the Master Sword maybe they might have a sword that also has some sort of dark twin.

Fig

The Altruist
I doubt that will be able to see Dark Link in ALBW, but one can always hope for it to happen! I think it would be nice to see Dark Link as a boss/mini-boss, but even if Dark Link doesn't appear in the game, I believe the game is still going to be a success. :)

Night Owl

~Momentai
I think that would be cool to have a dark Link running around, or even as a boss.
It would be interesting if Dark Link wrecks havoc on the light world as Link is fighting in the Dark world.
Kind of have a "you can't have two Links in the same dimension" kind of thing, with the fight being in between the worlds.

I would like to have Dark Link in this game in some way. I've always enjoyed fighting Dark Link in AoL and OoT (in FSA he's just annoying...) and would like to see an appearance in ALBW.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
This is an interesting concept.
I'm like you, I don't buy into all of the big backstory character building with the previous dark links because they aren't at all important or even really a character.

But maybe in ALBW when ALttP Link wished on the triforce and then brought it to Hyrule castle, sort of Shadow replicas were made of the triforce and the person who took it from its resting place (the sacred realm) because it wasn't meant to be taken from the sacred realm. This Link could be a total opposite to the lighthearted valiant Link in ALttP. Maybe he started his own kingdom founded by he and the thieves/people who ventured to the dark world for the sole purpose of overthrowing Hyrule to get the triforce back since the shadow triforce isnt the real thing.

Just bein creative haha i'd be shocked if any of that was actually the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom