• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Think thrice!

If you're left with only one choice ......

• Switch

• Xbox

• PS4

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ninja

Well well well
Last year I would have picked PS4, however the Switch has had some amazing games come out and due to its portability, I’d pick the Switch hands down.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I’m any case this poll will be biased toward the switch on this particular forum. That being said, I’d certainly choose the switch myself as it has the most games I am interested in and no doubt has more lined up compared to the other two options.

I mostly game on a PC, but I had a switch earlier this year, I only owned it for a month before having to return it, and only had two games on it. Those being smash and BotW, yet it was still the most fun I've had in recent memory, on a console at least. I can't wait to pick one up again when (hopefully) I return to my next year at Uni, and pick up other games aswell.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Switch. Definitely the switch. It has Zelda and Smash, and most of the games I like are on Nintendo consoles

Both the PS4 and Switch have exclusives I like. The deciding factor is how much the indie developers like the Switch and how Nintendo is treating them. Also the Switch is the ultimate future retro console.

In the future when standard HDMI cables have been replaced by better technology, we can still play the Switch easily in portable mode assuming the power sockets stay the same.
The comparison would be using component cable systems today (via compnent or upgraded to S-Video or RBG). Eg, NES, SNES, GC, Mega Drive. You can play them on HD TVs but it's a hassle to get it all set up correctly. Also there is no optical media involved. Good as carts seem to age better. Less chance of scratching the important parts, no optical drive laser to go bad over time. Even the external storage is modern and not HDD.

Sure 720p in the future will be quite a low resolution, just like 240p is now. But the games will still be enjoyable. I can still enjoy 240p games. I prefer them in 240p though. I really don't like 480i.

I think I’m any case this poll will be biased toward the switch on this particular forum.
Correct. However the PS5 being backwards compatible really gives brownie points to Sony. I don't think Sony should re-enter the portable market. However they need to consider backwards compatability always. That actually sells more new games too.
Lets think about it. Say the PS5 can play your PS4 discs (it can!), then people will be more likely to buy a PS5, hook it to their TV, put away their PS4 and jsut use the PS5 for everything. If any PS5 games pop up they want, they'll just get them. If they needed the PS4 hardware out all the time, it's quite the hassle and would make people on the fence think twice about getting a PS5. This does not make the need for a must have console selling game out day 1 a requirement. That is needed for a good launch. It gives the longer term gamers (ie repeat customers) another reason to get the new console)

As game developers (ignoring hardware) Nintendo objectively wins. Why? Sony don't develop games, the studios they closely work with do. MS make very few games directly also, the development studios they buy, make the games. So it's really a one horse race as the other two are not interested in being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom