• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Find in a Guy or Girl

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I'm sure there's a thread like this somewhere... it's a shame I was too lazy to look for it. :rolleyes:

- Anyways, a simple question first: What's the first characteristic you find of the opposite sex (or same sex)?

- Then, here's another: Do you find yourself constantly attracted to the same type of guy or girl? Whether it be a physical attraction or personality-wise?

Personally, this is kind of weird and I've been told so as well, but I look for a nice head of hair. His hair has got to be long enough for me to run my fingers through, but not too long. And it's gotta be stylish, or match his look. Most other girls say eyes or muscles... nope. A good head of hair is where my eyes tend to lurk.

As for the second question, I find myself constantly falling for guys that are skinnier and leaner. I've got a bunch of friends that are into the "big, muscular and athletic" types. I like my men athletic of course, but I also see myself going for lankier guys. The thing is, I don't purposely look around for these kind of guys, it just happens to end up that way. There's gotta be something in the back of my mind telling me that I'm attracted to those men.

What about you all?

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Hmm...Personality, probably. I think it's whenever a guy starts being really kind and making me laugh that I start feeling a bit of an attraction. Really, I can completely ignore looks for a bit if there's a good personality.

The people I find myself liking are the same sometimes...but they seem rather different. I've liked borderline depression guys and sunny upbeat ones. I've liked the cleanest cuts to the slowly going downhills. (As much sense as that makes) So I guess, no, not really.

Dan

I often look for a guy with long hair, ones that sort of resemble a cross between Jesus, and Thor from the avengers. The same accent as thor is a bonus in fact. I often seem to for guys that displays communist flags on their avatar on internet forums.... I find that out by stalking them. (skills I acquired from my teacher\master ALIT, btw ALIT I'm getting better at stalking in public libraries now). I also seem to gravitate towards guys with fetishers such as being a furry, and into wolfs. I don't purposely mean to however.

octorok74

TETTAC
The characteristic I look for first in a girl is definitely personality. I like people who are genuinely nice and caring, because jerk people are just jerks. As for do I find my self gravitating towards these types of girls, yes. I've been lucky to find a couple girls like that. Some other things I look for are smarts. I like girls that are fairy intelligent and can keep up a good discussion. Plus, looks are also a good thing, but not the most important.

Now I'll clarify a bit here. As for the physical characteristic I look for first in a girl, I would have to go with hair. I side with Chilfo a bit in that I want someone where I can run my hands through her hair. My thing though is that I don't girls with short hair. It just seems a bit strange. I prefer hair just below shoulder length.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What's the first characteristic you find of the opposite sex (or same sex)?
Believe it or not, I look for soft, round personalities in my girl. She needs just enough personality so that they can rub on me, but not so much that she has back pain (I care about my girl). I can forgive girls with smaller personalities, as it isn't something you can control. Aside from the size and roundness of her personalities, the [other] first thing I look for in a girl is her kindness. Is she kind to everyone regardless of their background or situation? Does she show kindness to someone even after the person in question showed her cruelty? To what extent is she kind, is she so kind that she is blind to the dangers of the world, or is she slightly cautious? Positive is the answer I'm looking for there.

Do you find yourself constantly attracted to the same type of guy or girl? Whether it be a physical attraction or personality-wise?
Personality-wise, I think I'm constantly attracted to the same kind of girl. I love kind women; the ones who show outward rudeness are always difficult for me. The girl I am absolutely enamored with now, she is the kindest young lady I have ever met, and she's cute to boot. On the flipside, the girl I heavily dislike is probably the rudest young female I have ever met, and she tries to pull off that "sexy" look.

The physical attraction doesn't really mean all too much; it's just the first step in a relationshp afte rall.

I don't look for anything.

I don't create expectations with myself. No one can live up to your imagination, and besides, compatibility is hardly an exact science. You fall in love with people you never expect to sometimes, and sometimes it works out great. I never sought a particular person. I never tried to tie myself down to a false ideal. I had no idea what I really wanted in a woman and I didn't pretend to.

I found someone eventually, and I have never been happier. She doesn't have an image or expectation to live up to because I didn't create one.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Im married so I really only look for similar intrests in friends. When I was single I looked at a variety of things ranging from height, hands, taste in music, ability to change ones oil or a flat tire, Anime likes and dislikes, gamer or not, artist or not.... I donno. Most people wonder how my husband and I first got together since we only had a few things in common, we grew mutual interests over the years.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
The characteristic I look for first in a girl is definitely personality. I like people who are genuinely nice and caring, because jerk people are just jerks. As for do I find my self gravitating towards these types of girls, yes. I've been lucky to find a couple girls like that. Some other things I look for are smarts. I like girls that are fairy intelligent and can keep up a good discussion. Plus, looks are also a good thing, but not the most important.

Now I'll clarify a bit here. As for the physical characteristic I look for first in a girl, I would have to go with hair. I side with Chilfo a bit in that I want someone where I can run my hands through her hair. My thing though is that I don't girls with short hair. It just seems a bit strange. I prefer hair just below shoulder length.
I was going to say personality. I like a girl that is nice, makes me laugh, and one to spend time with. I don't know why I am pretty tall, but I have always had a thing for short girls. This really dose not matter but most of the girls I have liked have had blonde hair.

Well there are several things that I notice about a girls physical appearance at first. If I had to pick one, it would be a girl's butt. I love a girl with a nice butt. Hope that doesn't make me seem shallow lol.

Chilfo Freeze said:
Do you find yourself constantly attracted to the same type of guy or girl? Whether it be a physical attraction or personality-wise?

Yes. I love a girl with light eyes, long hair (color really doesn't matter - but definitely not a red head), small feet, short - 5'3 - 5'5 is ideal, and of course, a nice butt. I would go in to personality, but I wouldn't exactly know their personality at first glance so I don't think its necessary. Basically any girl who is as sarcastic as me is a winner :yes:

The first thing I notice in a woman? Generally the first thing I notice is hair. Hair is very important to me. I love long straight hair on a woman.

As for falling for the same kind of women? In some cases, probably.

First of all, she needs to be kind. Funny is a bonus, but not required. Also, she must be a gamer. I'm not taking the chance of falling for someone and them end up trying to make me quit gaming.

Physical? There are many. I love black hair on a woman. Also, dark skin can be really attractive. Some Indian women are absolutely gorgeous, but I'm not picky on skin tone. A dark haired, medium height, curvy gamer woman would be perfect. Haha.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Typically, I find common organs such as the heart and liver. There's usually a lot of blood in there, too. Sometimes I'll find something neat like a toy car or something...
Oh. That's not what you meant, is it?

To be honest, skin tone and hair. Nothing turns me off like greasy hair and acne. Secondly, height.

I do and don't. I like all sorts.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I don't go out looking for a particular physical trait, though being white I am naturally more attracted to other white girls. I seem to fall for redheads and brunettes; again, I don't go out looking for it, it's just a pattern I've noticed. I also find Eastern Asian girls attractive.

As for characteristics, again I don't go out specifically looking for a type, but I seem to fall for smarter-than-average girls who can hold their own on a conversation (and sometimes debate - I like having funny snarky arguments over trivial stuff, it makes life more interesting). She also seems more often than not to be a bit on the quirky side, I don't like selfish girls for obvious reasons but I also find overly nice girls boring (and also not entirely truthful - I've been abused or stabbed in the back on more than one occasion by seemingly 'nice' girls). Basically quirky as in she's not afraid to show her true personality to others, no matter how they may perceive them. (So... honest, I guess?)

Dan, I'm proud of you for taking the time to develop your stalking acute observation skills. They'll serve you well in life.

I always look for a well-rounded physique in a girl. I want a chick who's classy and up to date with the latest trends-Someone who's well dressed with long, beautiful, flowing hair. Of course looks aren't everything and an appreciable amount of intelligence is required as well. It's likely therefore that I've taken a fancy for Asian women lately because they've got brains to match the splendor.

Personality always triumphs in the argument of why you're attracted to certain people. No one desires a lousy, incessantly complaining partner who makes life at home worse after a hard day of work. Common interests are always a major consideration in any relationship. When it boils down to affection, however, I deem it optimal to remain somewhat cynical for often times your expectations will not be met.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What's the first characteristic you find of the opposite sex (or same sex)?:
Personality, they have to be nice and caring. Looks, who doesn't love a pretty face. Hair, it's the first thing i notice so it's the first thing i'm attracted to

Do you find yourself constantly attracted to the same type of guy or girl? Whether it be a physical attraction or personality-wise?:
nope, i change the things i like monthly. i do't do it on purpose it just happens. Right now i'm more attracted to gingers than any other hair color

Cfrock

Keep it strong

It differs from person to person for me. On some girls it's her eyes. I like big eyes, so if she has those then that's what I notice first.
Some girls have really nice noses, I particularly like ones which turn up just slightly at the tip.
One feature that I notice immediately if it's there is a girl's ears sticking out from under her hair. Dear lord, I love that so much.
To be honest though, I live in Liverpool and 97% of girls here were leggings as pants, so most of the time the first thing I notice is a girl's bum (statistics provided may not be entirely accurate).

I find myself attracted to the same general personality type a lot but physically, I'm all over the place (because I just exploded). That is to say, I find a wide range of features attractive and wouldn't be able to pin down a specific 'type' in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom