• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things you find easy that other people find hard, and vice-versa.

Something I think is easy but everyone else thinks is hard is the harp playing mini game in SS. I go there whenever I want some easy rupees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I note the entirety of Skyward Sword as being extremely easy, yet others call it hard. I mean, to me the game is more of a skills game than a brain game: if you know the Wiimote you know the game.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
People are always complaining about the "impossibility" of Zelda II: Adventure of Link.

It is challenging and it is annoying to start at Zelda's altar when you lose all your turns and get a Game Over, but I don't think of it as hard as other people do, apparently. All you have to do is level-grind a bit.

For the other way around: I found Majora's Mask harder. I've beaten AoL a few times, but have only played all the way through and beaten MM once. The saving system and the time-issues on that make it harder for me than a game like AoL with simple, strong enemies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It is challenging and it is annoying to start at Zelda's altar when you lose all your turns and get a Game Over, but I don't think of it as hard as other people do, apparently. All you have to do is level-grind a bit.

Yes but level grinding, in my own experience, takes forever and ever and ever to do. You have to constantly and consistently kill enemies with hopes and prayers for a P bag, or else brave the dangers of a cave or that odd palace where Ironknuckles repeatedly spawn for any good amount of XP per enemy. And those enemies that do give good XP? They're hard. (Speaking from an N64 gamers' perspective; NES games are naturally hard by design to us)

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Gryog was both hard and easy. If you could jump out of the water perfectly, it was a breeze and possible to avoid taking any damage or even more then like 40 seconds to fight him. But he punished mistakes pretty harshly and if you didn't do your jumps just perfectly, you would almost certainly pay for it.

I would say I AoL in that i pretty much just gave up on the boss at great temple, i didn't have it in me to walk back thru all of hyrule, multiple times to get to the great palace again. Sure if you just game over and restart it puts you there, but if you decide you wanna take a break then no dice. After a few failed attempts I just decided I dont' care lol. If i actually could restart back at the palace when i turned my DS back on, then ya I would have probably beaten it already. Could just use the sleep mode i guess, but meh.

Hard for me but easy for others? Maybe the frog singing mini game in OoT, where you had to play the ocarina to make them jump, that took several attempts for me. I guess any boss in TP also counts as too easy.

Hard? Sailing in WW, not hard as in difficult really, more in that, I don't want to fight sea monsters or jump on barrels to get rupees, can't i just sail in peace and enjoy the ride.

Oh i know majora's mask, swamp shooting gallery, that thing required perfection, and usually takes me several tries to get past when ever i do it.

Hard for me also is Desert Wasteland with out Lens of truth in OoT (I like can't do it), there is like no land marks to judge where i really need to walk, Majora's mask under water is easy cause you have the signs to know where the turning points are.

Now things i think are easy that others find hard? Gerudo Horse Back archery, thats pretty much first or 2nd try to beat it and get the prizes.

Bongo Bongo has always been the biggest piece of cake. As for what I find difficult that others find easy? Lots of people say the flute playing in spirit tracks is easy, but I find it close to impossible (especially when you have to skip a note).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I always hear people say how hard Master Quest is and that it is way harder than OoT. But to me it is NOT. I find it extremely easy. Even on the 3DS when it's mirrored I have no problems at all.
And the other way around? Jumping the vines in SS. Others do it in a heartbeat but I struggle with it. I mean the jumps from a vine to another

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Whenever I hear anyone say anything in Twilight Princess is hard, I laugh. Nothing in TP has ever given me a decent challenge. In Phantom Hourglass, I usually have a hard time with Crayk, but I've heard people call him easy. I also hear people complain about the Temple of the Ocean King, but I've never really had too much trouble with it. Also, sometimes I have trouble in the Tower of Spirits in Spirit Tracks, as well as in the Ocean Temple.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I felt like an idiot after trying to fish with the wii remote the first time I played Twilight Princess. It also took me awhile to finish the ramp part with the Goht mask kid at the end of Majora's Mask. I was trying too hard, then I kind of let go of the analog stick, and voila...I made it.

The Water Temple in OoT (N64 ver)
I had no problem with it. Sure I got a little bit lost at the beginning when I forgot to grab the map and had to make my way through it without it until I could get the water level back up there, but it's all about remembering what locked doors are in what hallway etc. I didn't even have to look up a walkthrough (except for the boss, which confused me)

All the bosses in Ocarina of Time (except for Dodongo and Barinade)
Everyone says that Gohma, Phantom Ganon, and Volvaiga are easy. Me, not so much. I don't know why I had so much trouble with pretty much every boss in the game (haven't beat Twinrova or Ganondorf yet) but it would frustrate me to the point of finally looking up a walkthrough to find tricks on how to beat it, and even then I still had trouble.

Gleeok in Phantom Hourglass
I was stuck on this guy for MONTHS (this was back before I starting looking up help when I got stuck)
I couldn't figure out that I had to attach the hook diagnolly instead of straight across.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
On the part with Skyward where you have to learn songs, at first I didn't know what I was doing. I was moving the wiimote up and down, left and right and I thought my wiimote wasn't working lol, I figured it out eventually what needed to be done. How sad.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm going to use my sister as an example, since she is the exact opposite of me in playstyles.

I find the puzzles aspect of the series challenging but ultimately not too difficult (most of the time). My sister, on the other hand, has trouble with a lot of the simpler puzzles in the games and needs my help. On the other hand, the extremely difficult puzzles are the exact opposite. I was stuck and utterly confused at that statue puzzle in TP for an hour straight, whereas my sister just plowed through it in 30 seconds flat.

Combat is the other one. Most enemies I have no problem with, I slaughter them left and right, even most bosses. My sister oftentimes doesn't like fighting these bosses because they take too much thought and hands the controller off to me. On the other hand, the bosses in SS were very difficult for me, because they could read my reactions and counter them very easily. This forced me to slow way down and carefully observe their movements before deconstructing their strategy and acting accordingly. Conversely, my sister is what I like to call "the drunken-fist master"; she plunges forward with no regard to her own safety and flails about wildly. I don't know how she does this, but somehow she is able to obliterate these bosses in like a minute (even if she almost dies in the process).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom