• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things you dislike seeing others doing

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
not speaking clearly and then thinking 'the deaf person must be an idiot...Ill talk tot he friends and they can translate....

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Aaaaand so it begins...
So a man disagrees with you and it's "mansplaining"? I hate this whole ****ing pattern:
1. Someone mentions mansplaining
2. Man disagrees with them
3. SEE!!! MANSPLAINING

You literally can't win as a guy in that situation. Either you admit that mansplaining is a serious issue even if you disagree, or you are "mansplaining". But if a woman were to say the exact same thing it's not "womansplaining" is it? Of course not, because that's SEXIST.

Jamie

• When middle class white boys (its always them) try to justify why they think it's okay for them to use racial slurs because they're 'not racist' and 'it's just a word' and 'the one black person they've ever crossed paths with in their lives said the n word is ok' and'it's political correctness gone mad' etc etc.
Also this point. What? Minorities try to justify the use of racial slurs all of the time. Can't count on two hands and two feet how many times I've heard the word "cracker/whitey" or read it on Facebook being used as if it's not racist. You can say it's not as racist as ******, okay, that's fine, but simply saying that is trying to justify using a racial slur. You can't say a racial slur is okay because it's not as bad as another racial slur. That's like saying punching someone is okay because shooting them is worse. But no, it's only white people who justify it.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Also this point. What? Minorities try to justify the use of racial slurs all of the time. Can't count on two hands and two feet how many times I've heard the word "cracker/whitey" or read it on Facebook being used as if it's not racist. You can say it's not as racist as ******, okay, that's fine, but simply saying that is trying to justify using a racial slur. You can't say a racial slur is okay because it's not as bad as another racial slur. That's like saying punching someone is okay because shooting them is worse. But no, it's only white people who justify it.

Kirino

Tatakae
@Jamie: She didn't say that minorities using racial slurs against white people was fine or that it doesn't happen, just that she dislikes it when white people think it's okay to use racial slurs against minorities; the latter doesn't necessarily imply the former. Considering that this is a thread about what she personally dislikes, I don't see anything wrong with her pointing out her distaste for that, and I don't think she's obligated to somehow add that saying cracker is really mean too just to give the impression of even-handedness so that people don't get their feelings hurt.

And by the way, it really is disproportionately middle class white boys. It's almost hilarious how true that statement is.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Minorities try to justify the use of racial slurs all of the time.
It's okay when I do it. *coughs really loudly, takes a **** on the floor*

RACISM: POWER + PREJUDICE.

gUESS wHo hAs power, huwaito boi? That's right, white women!!! Oh wait, no sorry. WHITE MALES. So only white males can be racist. If a black PoC youth comes up to you and says "ayo fucc u cracka" then your job as a privileged piece of **** is to stare him down at best, or simply not engage. You have to understand, its they culcha!

Jamie

@Jamie: She didn't say that minorities using racial slurs against white people was fine or that it doesn't happen, just that she dislikes it when white people think it's okay to use racial slurs against minorities; the latter doesn't necessarily imply the former. Considering that this is a thread about what she personally dislikes, I don't see anything wrong with her pointing out her distaste for that, and I don't think she's obligated to somehow add that saying cracker is really mean too just to give the impression of even-handedness so that people don't get their feelings hurt.

And by the way, it really is disproportionately middle class white boys. It's almost hilarious how true that statement is.
No, she literally said it is always middle class white boys.
"When middle class white boys (its always them) "

Jamie

And no, it isn't overwhelmingly middle class white boys. Minorities use and justify the usage of racial slurs just as much if not more by saying well its not as bad as ******. How many times I have heard black comedians say cracker to describe someone, it's almost nonstop. I have no issue with it on a personal level and I think words require context to be offensive, but it certainly is not overwhelmingly white people.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri

And then there's me... the rare non-racist, middle class white boy. I have more to say on the matter but I'll not because I don't want to accidentally trigger people. :)

Kirino

Tatakae
@Jamie: It seemed clear to me that she was using "it's always them" as an exaggeration to mean that it's very common for that group to engage in something in a disproportionate manner, as is pretty commonly done in English. If she was saying that no other type of person in history has ever attempted to justify the use of racial slurs, by contrast, then that'd be kind of preposterous, as would assuming she meant that.

And I didn't say overwhelmingly, just disproportionately. In any case, that's certainly true based on my anecdotal experience, especially when it comes to justifying it (especially with the excuses given by Beauts) rather than using it. I see it so often that I found it true enough to get a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Also make less double posts pls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom