• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Are Tired of Seeing in Movies

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Slow motion that doesn't serve any purpose and also looks really dumb. I find this mostly in action scenes, of course, but if it's gonna look stupid slowed down, it might actually be cool in real speed like it would actually be if you were watching it. I'm okay with unnecessary slow motion if it looks cool like most of the scenes in 300 and its sequel. When they do a good job, I love slow motion but I hate it when it's done badly.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I just despise how much kissing/who can eat the other persons face first goes into movies. No one even wins for cryin' out loud. The people on the screen just stop and look at each other awkwardly, like they're just saying in they're minds right then "Why is your face still there?".

Not to mention the only people who tear up watching those scenes are the guys without girl friends...:P

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Male Main Character: *waits downstairs*
Female Main Character: *slowly goes downstairs*
The Male Main Character realizes that the Female Main Character slowly comes down. He looks at her and says "Wow... You look... beautiful."

Parent/s: You can't marry him/her!
Main character: I don't care. I'm doing this for love!

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Movies that feature women giving up their dreams for a man. Turn it around, and the guy always manage to both get his dream and the girl, while if the protagonist is a woman, she has to choose. I'm so sick and tired of it.

I am tired of seeing annoying female characters in movies that are just there to get in trouble, cause drama, or deny the lead character's love or whatever. An example of this is the girlfriend of Thor in the Thor movies and Gwen Stacey in the Amazing Spider-man movies.
Yeeaahh lmao in relation to that:

This more could be applied to many forms of fiction, really, but I get pretty tired of the reasoning behind a female's char going bad/evil being ~a woman scorned~ ie one who chooses the darker side of life because she wad dumped/cheated on/had her heart broken/cannot be with x person. Sometimes this can happen to male chars, sure, though there's also other reasons like gain of power, revenge for a comrade or homeland or family member, always looking for the strongest opponent to test their might, **** like that, that also are common themes. For women chars, though, I think it's more common a trope for female chars to be displayed as making a downward-spiral-type decision based on feeling her self-worth from the validation of a romantic relationship. It's an overused thing and I roll my eyes when I come across it in a film, or any other form of media.

That aside, something I'm absolutely tired of? Making the last movie of a trilogy two movies lol, thanks Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Hobbit, blah blah blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom