• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Do when You Can't Sleep?

Ice Sage

these are words
I just make up my own fan fiction of a story i'm on in my head and just let my mind wander. And above all don't move!

If you can't sleep, don't be on the computer or watching TV, etc. The bright screens send signals to your brain that it's daytime, and therefore it's harder for you to get to sleep. Also, during the day, try not to sit in bed reading/surfing the internet, or stuff like that. Get in the habit of just being in bed for sleep. Try listening to some soothing music perhaps? What I do every night is come up with a story (I like writing, lol) in my head, and somehow that always helps me sleep. I've never found counting sheep effective, but it's worth a try as well.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Right, I came down with a bad case of Inosmia D: I was up until 4am in the morning and I woke up at 7AM. I wondered off around the house though :P Heck, I could of done anything.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well I sometimes have a case of insomnia, but doing one of these things helps me:

-Think about a topic, like the legend of zelda. I usually start thinking about a story I am planning to write down as soon as I figure out the details to it. You usually would get absorbed in the topic and fall asleep.
-Do some kind of exercise before you go to sleep. It has been proven that if you, for example strech, before you go to sleep every day, it prepares your body to go into "sleep mode". Also, the execise might tire you out a little bit and make you want to sleep. Remember, this is before you want to go to sleep.
-This is the easiest of them all; slow down your breathing. Try to inhale for 4 counts, and exhale for 4 counts. This will help you get relaxed and slow down your heartbeat. This was usually the most effective for me, and sort of my last place to turn to.

I hope that these tips can help! :)

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
When I can't sleep I just grab my PSP, DSi and Xbox 360 controller and play on one of them until I get bored :p or I just walk around the house until I think of something to do XD.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
There are three main things I do whenever I need to go to sleep.

Read: For some reason, whenever I'm done reading for about half an hour, I'm so sleepy! So, that's a good thing to do.
Think: I always imagine I'm link, running through Hyrule. My eyes are closed, and soon that imaginary thought fades into a dream :)
Listen to music: I listen to my most soothing playlist on my Zune.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
-The harder you try to fall asleep the less likely you'll be to fall asleep. So stop trying.
-Try not to think too much about stuff. "Shut your brain off" as my mom calls it. Make your mind go blank if you can.
-If you can't stop thinking, think of soothing music. Zelda's Lullaby or Piranha Plant's Lullaby from Super Mario 64 might help. Might.

I shouldn't really be commenting actually. I have tons of trouble sleeping which is a real hazard for me. I have a seizure disorder and the seizures are triggered by too much stress and not enough sleep. And my life is very stressful. =_=

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
When I can't sleep, I turn on my ipod as loud as I can (earplugs beside me, not in my ears), and listen to it. It doesn't even matter what song it is (or at least for me, since I'll still listen to Metallica, Senses Fail, etc), as long as you enjoy it. I always fall asleep easily like that. :3

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
There are multiple things I do...

READ : Because it's time to sleep, and you're focusing on one word after another, your eyes get tired until you want to close them.

MAKE A STORY IN MY HEAD : I do this pretty much every night, whether I'm tired or not. Come up with a basic plot, characters, names, places, anything you want, until you have a story telling itself inside your head. Just think up what makes sense, or something that doesn't make sense at all.

CONTINUE A STORY: The next night, I just continue one or more stories, and I'll switch to another one at a good stopping point. Think about each story as if it were a movie, but a really descriptive and long movie. So, the description of a book, the look of the movie.

Good luck!

N

NathanSalsa

Usually what I'll do is play 3DS or DS.Most of the time I play Animal Crossing when I can't sleep because the music helps me sleep lol. Or I'll just watch Netflix on my 3DS. Since It's hard for me to sleep I end up doing this a lot.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
You don't wanna know what I do...

305430070223101654323340.jpg

Jokes aside...
I usually ''meditate'' to fly away in my thoughts..
If that does not work I just stay awake as long as possible.. literally pushing my body to the limits until I just fall down and can't think after a few minutes I'm in the dreamworld..

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Apart from sleep medicine

I would recommend that certain kind of tea(Can't remember what it's called) or try heating a glass of milk.

When I was really little my Mom would read me Dr. Seuss' Sleep Book and actually it still works today although my Mom doesn't read it to me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom