• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Add/remove from SBB4 from the Other SSB Games.

Lukémon said:
They should definitely get more pokémon in, and maybe give the pokémon trainer more pokémon. And definitely get better online modes, the online was pretty rubbish.

I disagree. Pokémon is already one of the most heavily represented Nintendo franchises in Super Smash Bros. I mean, four fighters in Brawl up from two in the original and three in Melee! Also, as much as I tried to like him. the Pokémon Trainer was not a good fighter.

If 'Pokemon Trainer' is included in the next installment, I sure hope that we're given the option to choose between male and female counterparts from their respective series [via alternate attire]. It wouldn't necessarily have to be Brendan, Lyra, etc.- but instead, he/she could be based on said characters, much like Red in SSBB. I'm not entirely sure as to how each of the trainer's respective Pokemon would fit, however, due to the sheer amount of them (15). I'm sure they'll think of some way to include a Pokemon Trainer to the best of their ability. We might just end up with a Pokemon Trainer based on the series' most iconic character Red again, in addition to a gender option. Whatever the case, the Pokemon Trainer should either be updated or removed. :/

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
They should definitely get more pokémon in, and maybe give the pokémon trainer more pokémon. And definitely get better online modes, the online was pretty rubbish.
But for definite, more songs!!!! Those songs were amazing to listen to, for some reason, I have a lot of fun trying to find where those songs are in the games I have.

They already have SOOO many pokeman though!

As for the female counter part to the male pokeman trainer, sure that sounds alright. I don't really play pokeman characters but it wouldn't bug me.

As for Krazy4Krash, YES! I was going for that video. I couldn't find it when I made this forum thread though :/

As for the people with character ideas, those are good. Whatever floats your boat.

Man its hard to reply to everyone. Too many quotes D;

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think if Pokemon trainer appears again, he should not have pokemon you control, but just throw pokeball items.

Samus needs the following suits, aside from the default: Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit (MP), Dark Suit and Light Suit (MP2), PED Suit (MP3), Dark Samus suits (both variants from MP2, as well as the one from MP3). Now that my Metroid Prime fanboy rant is over, I'll list some more:

I definitely agree that we should eliminate the clone characters. Ganondorf sucks in SSB, quite frankly, and I'd like to see him with at least one ranged attack. Also, they should improve the final smashes. I was really disappointed by Link's final smash, as well as several others. A more fleshed-out story mode would also be welcome with me.

I'll probably have more specific ideas later, but that's it for now.

EDIT: I forgot Samus's suit from Metroid: Fusion

Last edited:

Go_Skyward

Samus needs the following suits, aside from the default: Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit (MP), Dark Suit and Light Suit (MP2), PED Suit (MP3), Dark Samus suits (both variants from MP2, as well as the one from MP3). Now that my Metroid Prime fanboy rant is over, I'll list some more:

Considering the fact I know little of Metroid, I guess I can agree.

I definitely agree that we should eliminate the clone characters. Ganondorf sucks in SSB, quite frankly, and I'd like to see him with at least one ranged attack. Also, they should improve the final smashes. I was really disappointed by Link's final smash, as well as several others. A more fleshed-out story mode would also be welcome with me.

Weirdly, I'm fairly good with ol' Ganny. I wouldn't mind if he had some kind of ranged attack (like, Ike, for example, could have a ranged attack. His sword, Ragnell, can range attack in both his games, I don't see why they didn't go anywhere with that. Fire Emblem fan rant over.) Yeah, some of the final smashes (I.E: King Dedede's) were REALLY lame. They could be stepped up a little. A better story mode would be more than welcome with me. c:

I'll probably have more specific ideas later, but that's it for now.

EDIT: I forgot Samus's suit from Metroid: Fusion

Alright, fair enough. If you have any more ideas feel free to share c:

Go_Skyward

It would work by having any attack button you use throw a pokeball item. Then the pokemon come out and stuff like they do if another character uses a pokeball.

Why would other characters use a pokeball? (besides being as assist pokeball that is). I think the way they have pokeman trainer set up now is fine. All attacks being summon a pokeman? You still have me a little confused there. That would be a really cheap Pokeman trainer xD

Link8150

The 8150th Link
As for items being removed I don't really care that much since you can always choose to have them not appear. As for online they could have a setup similar to Mario Kart 7s where you can make groups that only allow certain items, or just have different modes such as "Normal" (Which would have all items on), "No Items," "Barrels and Crates Only", and things like that, and then there would also be Team Battle and Special Modes of course.

One thing that was mentioned in the video Krazy4Krash posted that I am really behind is the inclusion of alternate costumes along with alternate color schemes. Every character should have 1 alternate costume, and certain characters could have 2. Mario could be Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong could be Donkey Kong Junior, Link could have the Zora armor and Toon Link, Samus could have the Fusion suit, Power Suit and/or Light Suit (All costumes could turn into Zero Suit Samus), Pokemon Trainer could have the male and female variants, Wario already had an alternate costume, Olimar could be Louie, etc. Tripping should also be removed, obviously.

Playable Characters I would like to see added
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Young Link (Majora's Mask)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
King K Rool
Ghirahim
Dark Samus
Shadow (But that's it for 3rd party characters)
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (As a pair like the Ice Climbers)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Mewtwo (as alternate costume for Lucario or vice versa)
Waluigi
Roy (Fire Emblem)
SPOILER ALERT FOR KID ICARUS UPRISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Medusa or Hades (Kid Icarus)
Samurai Goro
Porky Minch

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
-Mewtwo needs to come back for SSB4, he was one of my bet character in Melee.
-I would like to see more fun Pokemon balls and assist trophies that are helpful; the annoying ones like the Nintendog need to be taken out or the CPUs need to be effected by them as well.
-I would like to see Megaman and King K. Rool as a playable characters
-GameCube controller compatability is a must have. Classic controllers work fine but the GameCube controllers are what a lot of people use because they played Melee.
-It would be nice trophy dispenser was brought back, but that probably won't happen since they have the achievements that make it so there is only one possible way to get certain songs, stickers and trophies.

How do we know there's going to be one? Sakurai has stated before that he doesn't plan on making another one.

Last edited:
They should definetly add more characters like Felix or Isaac from golden sun and a bunch of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom