• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Add/remove from SBB4 from the Other SSB Games.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Yes, I know there is there is a topic on this already but I think this is important.

Things I think they should add to SSB4:

More items: I really think they should add more items and GOOD items not those cheap ones like... the BANANA peel! Sure, its funny when you throw it at someone and they just blindly trip over it. But it just seems to be more annoying then funny after a while.

A bit more characters: This was mostly talked about on other SSB4 forum post but having a bit more characters for the next game would be fun. (please if you'd like leave a comment on what characters you'd like to see)

More assist/pokeman characters that DO something: You guys don't how many times my friends and I saw a pokey ball/assist trophy and all of went for it and after about a minute of fighting one of us gets the pokey ball/assist trophy and it turns out it a Magicharp or Mr. Ressity. All that fighting for NOTHING, no table-turners, NOTHING. So yeah, we need more assist/poke balls that DO something.

More alternate outfits for the characters: Ah, there is NOTHING better than playing a character you hate and making their outfit pink... I mean, changing your hero into their darker color.... ehh.. screw it. Its just plain AWESOME changing a characters default colors into a different one. I would like to see even more colors for our favorite characters like for example, Ike, he has some pretty sweet color changes but what would be REALLY cool is if he could his Lord outfit from Path of Radiance or his Vanguard outfit from Radiant Dawn. Or Samus for example, she could have one of her alternate suits from Metroid Prime. That would be pretty sweet right? Feel free to list some Alt. outfits you'd like to see on characters.

A better online system: As cool as the online system is now, it NEEDS an upgrade. Hopefully the new online system for the Wii-u will be like the Xbox360. With Xbox360 the online system is fast, convenient, and at the same time you can talk to your friends through Microsoft's sorcery of talking to your friends through the controller with headphones. Hopefully, the Wii-u will come with a better internet system so I don't think we'll have to sorry about this too much. Oh, and as for the 3DS version I'm sure that's will be fine as well. They already have good online modes for Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus: Uprising right? I'm sure I'll be great.

More online modes: You guys know how they have the simple Brawl, that home-run bat thing, and that defeat the enemy's thing with your friends right? Yeah, I think we may need more modes than that. What about a co-op All Star mode online? That would be cool right? Well... I can't really think of anything else, but I still think they need more than 3 different things you can play online with your friends with... thing? xD

Better Story Mode: Okay, who here just LOVES story mode? *silently raises hand*. Okay, so maybe I over-liked Subspace, but I have heard of people who dislike it. But, in that case. A better "Subspace" story mode. With a better final boss... I just STRONGLY dislike Tabuu. I just do, really. But anyways, I would like another Story Mode like in Brawl. I think it would be a great feature.

More MUSIC: Do you know how awesome it when you hear your favorite song on your favorite stage. I do. I love it when I'm playing on Greenhill Zone and "Live and Learn" or "His World" plays. Same goes for "Ike's Theme" on the Fire Emblem stage c: its just great. So, Nintendo ADD MORE GREAT MUSIC! :)

More Stages: I love Stages! I mean... why wouldn't I? But I think we need a little more, like another Fire Emblem Stage, another Final Destination Stage. And just, any other epic stages I am too lazy to think up. But, yes, we need stages.

EDIT:
Being able to play the game with a gamecube or classic controller: I can't believe I forgot this! I use the gamecube controller to play Brawl and I know A LOT of people who are the same way. I really hope that we will be able to use gamecube/classic controllers. That would be a big plus for SSB fans.

Somethings I would remove from SSB4:

Tripping: Ah, tripping, why must I hate you so much. I will go into a ragequit if I try to explain so I'll let this image explain for me.
tripping.jpg

Some of the cheesy items: Like I said, that banana peel and a few other items like the Soccer Ball. Need. to. die. Anyways, feel free to tell me which items you want them to BURN. xD

Get rid of the "clone" characters: As much as I love Toon Link, I think he should get out or get a different moveset. Same goes for characters like Falco, he copied Fox, kinda cheap Nintendo. And the last copy character I can think of is Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. Seriously, Ganon, you were better in Melee. As good as I am with Ganondork, he should get a different moveset. I'm serious. I feel sorry for the guy.

Not so many 3rd party characters: Wait what? Why I am posting this the only playable 3rd party characters in Brawl are Snake and Sonic? .... well, its not what we have now, it's WHAT we might have. I have seen SO many rosters with TOO MANY 3rd party characters. Heck, i've even seen rosters with characters such as Goku and Chuck Norris. Overkill, guys? Yeah, so I DON'T WANT to play Goku or Chuck Norris. I don't want 3rd party characters flooding SSB in general! This isn't Soul Caliber, this isn't Street Fighter! This SMASH BROTHERS! Please people, if we keep telling the big N that we want so many 3rd party characters we might end up with more 3rd party than Nintendo characters! I'd rather have Nintendo characters over 3rd party, thank you.

Get rid of some of the assist/pokey balls that don't do anything: I spoke about this earlier. But I REALLY think they should remove them. They annoy me so much.

I don't have very many things we should remove but if anyone else ideas of things that should be added/removed PLEASE leave a comment. I'd love to hear others ideas c:

Last edited:
Remove tripping but that's it. It hurt me as a gamer to see some of my all-time favorite characters removed in the transition from Melee to Brawl. Who cares that Roy, Mewtwo, or Dr. Mario are obsolete? Heck, Nintendo remakes classic favorites and reboots seemingly deceased franchises so often that no character is truly obsolete. Mewtwo is a hallmark character to all Pokemon fans, Dr. Mario has been seen in numerous downloads, Young Link returned with OoT 3D, and there can easily be a way to fit in Roy and Pichu. :bleh:

There definitely should be more characters, however, I'd refrain from mentioning them here as there are so many threads here regarding the topic already! :lol: Online definitely needs to be expanded but I'm not really liking the cooperative idea you propose. Rather modes like Coin Battle and other fully customized frays should be introduced such as the usual lightning, metal, sudden death, etc. As for story mode, why do you even need a story that makes sense in a fighting game?! Story has never been a major draw for fans of the genre. Sure, more items but don't overdo it, Sakurai. Alternate costumes would certainly be interesting and thus eliminate the need for clones. :nod: As for stages, throw in a few modern ones and we're all set. Final Destination and Battlefield always get a makeover so that's a no brainer. Fire Emblem stage, sure. And how about a REAL Fire Emblem stage this time around. Not some lame towers, sewers, and lava surrounded platform. :/ Also, a Tourian stage from Metroid needs to appear seeing as how we've seen Zebes, Brinstar, and Norfair thus far. Also, remove assist trophies please. :)

Go_Skyward

Remove tripping but that's it. It hurt me as a gamer to see some of my all-time favorite characters removed in the transition from Melee to Brawl. Who cares that Roy, Mewtwo, or Dr. Mario are obsolete? Heck, Nintendo remakes classic favorites and reboots seemingly deceased franchises so often that no character is truly obsolete. Mewtwo is a hallmark character to all Pokemon fans, Dr. Mario has been seen in numerous downloads, Young Link returned with OoT 3D, and there can easily be a way to fit in Roy and Pichu. :bleh:

Yes, tripping NEEDS to go. Anyways, I agree with this. I didn't get to play Melee all the way through, but it was good. I say adding classic characters is a good idea. They could change up Young Link's moveset a little and be more like the Majora's Mask version of Young Link. That would be awesome c: and for Roy, hey the more Fire Emblem characters the better! xD the other characters I don't know too much about but if they joined in again in SBB4 that would be alright by me.

There definitely should be more characters, however, I'd refrain from mentioning them here as there are so many threads here regarding the topic already! :lol:

That's understandable. I already said who i'd like (Debbie, Krom. KEEPING IKE!)

Online definitely needs to be expanded but I'm not really liking the cooperative idea you propose. Rather modes like Coin Battle and other fully customized frays should be introduced such as the usual lightning, metal, sudden death, etc.

I wasn't sure what to say there. Its just I play brawl a lot with my friend that lives over 5000 miles from me and sometimes when we play brawl, we don't feel like just beating the crap out of each other. I just thought it would be nice to do more than 3 things online with other people. I couldn't think of other "modes" to add. heh heh.

As for story mode, why do you even need a story that makes sense in a fighting game?! Story has never been a major draw for fans of the genre.

I liked Subspace a little too much then I let off. I don't mean like a "story story" like in Zelda, something just like subspace with a better final boss would be just fine. If you really think about what Subspace is, its just a two player beat up little monster/robot things with a cut scene thrown in here and there. xD

Sure, more items but don't overdo it, Sakurai.

I agree, a bit more items but not total overkill.

Alternate costumes would certainly be interesting and thus eliminate the need for clones. :nod: As for stages, throw in a few modern ones and we're all set. Final Destination and Battlefield always get a makeover so that's a no brainer. Fire Emblem stage, sure. And how about a REAL Fire Emblem stage this time around. Not some lame towers, sewers, and lava surrounded platform. :/ Also, a Tourian stage from Metroid needs to appear seeing as how we've seen Zebes, Brinstar, and Norfair thus far. Also, remove assist trophies please. :)

Yes, alt costumes solve everything c: Yeah, I always thought the FE stage was a little weird compared to the games. They should honestly have a REAL FE stage.
As for the assist trophies, I like them. If you're losing they can help you a lot. And I feel it gives the characters that couldn't be playable a little screen time. That's my opinion, at least c:

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
People who need to be added into SSB4

Mega Man: He's been a big part of Nintendo and deserves a spot in the game
Pacman: Why not?
Simon Belmont: It would be awesome if he was in the game. You know, with his eight whipping directions and sub-weapons ^_^
Crash Bandicoot: This may be a personal preference, probably because Crash Bandicoot 2 was my first video game, but if you can sneak Snake into Super Smash Bros Brawl, then you can easily put Crash into the battle
Little Mac: He was sort of in Brawl, he wasn't a playable character but he was there, so it's only logical that he's in the next Super Smash Bros
Waluigi: This is one of the more obvious ones. There are some Waluigi fans out there and if Luigi can be in Super Smash Bros, then so can Waluigi
Zero: Okay, there are so many Zero fans, I could probably spend the rest of my life counting them all. The thing is, Zero is a badass, and has been a favorite among most people. Zero would make a great character because not only can he shoot from far away, but if he's fighting up close he could whip out his sword.
Bill: I would guess that not a lot of you know who Bill is, so let me explain who Bill is. He is the main character, along with Lance, in Contra. No need to explain further.

Go_Skyward

I'd say if your going to have a clone character, give it a new move set.

I agree. c:

People who need to be added into SSB4

Mega Man: He's been a big part of Nintendo and deserves a spot in the game
Pacman: Why not?
Simon Belmont: It would be awesome if he was in the game. You know, with his eight whipping directions and sub-weapons ^_^
Crash Bandicoot: This may be a personal preference, probably because Crash Bandicoot 2 was my first video game, but if you can sneak Snake into Super Smash Bros Brawl, then you can easily put Crash into the battle
Little Mac: He was sort of in Brawl, he wasn't a playable character but he was there, so it's only logical that he's in the next Super Smash Bros
Waluigi: This is one of the more obvious ones. There are some Waluigi fans out there and if Luigi can be in Super Smash Bros, then so can Waluigi
Zero: Okay, there are so many Zero fans, I could probably spend the rest of my life counting them all. The thing is, Zero is a badass, and has been a favorite among most people. Zero would make a great character because not only can he shoot from far away, but if he's fighting up close he could whip out his sword.
Bill: I would guess that not a lot of you know who Bill is, so let me explain who Bill is. He is the main character, along with Lance, in Contra. No need to explain further.

I could see Mega Man, Waluigi, and Crash Bandicoot getting into SSB4. Pac-Man? .... that's... a weird idea... the rest I haven't heard of before so I have no comment on them. Good ideas, nonetheless.

Last edited:
I say that they should add Mega Man, and maybe Knuckles from 3rd party companies. As for Nintendo characters, I'd say Ghirahim, Roy, Mewtwo, Isaac (Golden Sun), and King K. Rool. Tripping needs to go as well. I also think that a better stage creator and better online modes should be included too. That's all I can think of.

Big Octo

=^)
I agree with you on removing the tripping idea. As for what to add, all it comes down to is new characters and stages. I couldn't care less about items, because I never use those cheap pieces of crap that remove every ounce of skill from the game.

There should really be a sub-forum section dedicated to all things Smash Bros., as it seems to be a very popular topic here at Zelda Dungeon...er...Dungeon Gaming Network...

Anyway... I think I'll refrain from going into my usual rant like I do in other SSB threads. Instead I'll keep things in a simple list format.

I'd say the next SSB should add:
  • Interchangeable costume options
  • A return to gameplay based on Melee mechanics
  • More characters
  • Additional gaming options, such as the ability to toggle stage hazards.

Things that should be removed:
  • Pointless, random fanservice - this includes characters, stages, items, etc.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
The items in SSBB are ok, but they should add a bit more. Some items there however, were really annoying & useless. I think they should add skulls & vases as a holding item, like they do in Zelda, & store a healing item in it. I also think they should have more pokemon in pokeballs & use the 5th generation along with the other generations. It would be cool if Fi or Midna could come as assistant trophies to protect u. I really hope they get rid of banana peels.

It would be great if they used Rosalina, Daisy, & all the starters instead of just the Kanto starters. Speaking of that, It would be nice to have a choice to be a girl trainer like Leaf or Dawn rather than only Red. I would also like to be Shadow, since I've seen ALOT of hacks that made him. The only people I can live without in SSBB is Lucas & R.O.B.

There would obviously be more stages. They should keep the option to customize stages & every stage that goes with brawl & melee. I never had a problem with any of them. Adding a Skyloft stage be very appreciative! They should also make the stages 3D instead of left & right too. Lastly, they should Bosses from other games to Adventure mode or Classic mode.

I want Mega Man!
And a female pokemon trainer with Blaziken, Grovyle, and Mudkip.
And way more options for parts in stage builder.
And all of those online things that Go_Skyward said.
All of those things will make me one happy camper.
The only reason I didn't say anything about items is because I typically play with all items off, so any changes would not effect me much.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
THIS v

[video=youtube;F2Hy5z-krL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Hy5z-krL4&feature=plcp&context=C410ddf0VDvjVQa1PpcFORg8ymGFHvWpb5ILPPb5hO hLlnpEzhwS8%3D[/video]

EDIT: Just realised this video won't embed. Follow the link by clicking the title.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Megaman, Ghirahim, Simon, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer with different pokemon
The Stage building should be enhanced to be less strict about where you put your pieces.
More character colors/alt clothes (like Wario!)
MORE stages.
Change useless pokemon to Magikarp and have Goldeen use Horn Drill or something.
Change some movesets depending on costume.(ex: SS Link use Skyward Slash; Statue Mario can use Statue; Oot Link use Din's Fire; Ganondorf use sword)
Tripping ONLY on Banana Peels or Ice.(who REALLY trips on solid ground?)
More trophies.
More stickers.
More CDs.
More Story Mode.
More Challenges.
Less Uber characters *cough* Meta Knight *cough*
Less Price :D

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
They should definitely get more pokémon in, and maybe give the pokémon trainer more pokémon. And definitely get better online modes, the online was pretty rubbish.
But for definite, more songs!!!! Those songs were amazing to listen to, for some reason, I have a lot of fun trying to find where those songs are in the games I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom