• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Things that were better in Smash Wii U and worse in Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I think most of us can say that Ultimate is a better overall game. But what are some aspects that you think were made worse in Ultimate compared to the last game? No matter how small

Off the top of my head, Pit's final smash was better in Smash 4, and I hate how Ultimate doesn't have any character reveal trailers, whereas Smash WIi U has all the newcomers trailers in the vault.

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
For one, more modes. Sure, target blast wasn’t great, but it overall had more to do in single player than Ultimate. Also, better remixes IMO. And trophies. Look, I know, they’re hard to develop, but Ultimate doesn’t even have descriptions anymore.

Fig

The Altruist
Mechanically speaking, the buffer system in Smash Wii U was definitely better than in Ultimate. So many times the game eats itself in determining the priority of which inputs come out. If you ever asked why an input came out after a few seconds after pressing the button(s), that's why.
Video 1
Video 2

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
You wanna know what I despise? A collection of incredibly detailed 3D models of video game items and characters, each with their own description and brief list of titles they appear in. I’d much rather have a bunch of static images pulled directly from the internet that have nothing interesting about them aside from use in a game mode nobody ever uses.

Aside from that, the general newcomers were a lot better in smash 4. Sure there was a ton of FE garbage, but aside from that just about every character was an excellent addition from a beloved, if at times obscure, game. Despite there being fewer additions, Ultimates newcomers have been all over the place in terms of how good they are, with a huge oversaturation of RPG and fighting game characters, especially in the DLC.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The presence of newcomers.

Ultimate is alright, but it feels like the repackaging of old content. It introduces virtually nothing new outside of a very repetitive singleplayer mode that somehow feels worse than the singleplayer mode of Brawl. Not only that, but almost all of its new characters are just clones of other existing ones. Want new characters? I hope you're ready for a fighter pass.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Some of my favorite characters got nerfed in the transition, for one. Both Marth and Sheik were amazing in previous Smash games, but going into Ultimate, Marth is just an inferior Lucina (who I also enjoy using, but still), and Sheik can't kill in reasonable % unless you're incredibly good at using her.

Like others have mentioned as well, I really dislike the buffer. It just feels awful when you accidentally air dodge off a ledge because of a messed-up input and throw a match because of it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
FegPFJ8XwAEZDP-

why'd they made him plastic in Ultimate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom