• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Make You Tilt Your Head

Just to be sure, this is a series we all know and love, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that make you tilt your head, questioning what was the point or why such an event occurs. This is the topic to bring it up. Just a heads up, these are just nitpicky things, I'm aware they need to do things for data and gameplay reasons or these things don't affect the game's structure, gameplay or story whatsoever, but that doesn't mean I can't say something "that was a bit pointless".

Allow me to start. In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, as much as I think the Gorman Mask is a useless item, since it's used during the event you went through to get it, there is one thing I can't help but question on Nintendo's part. As you start the game, you follow the Skull Kid, who stole your horse and Zelda's ocarina, you enter through a tree, very reminiscent of the classic tale of Alice in Wonderland. Does Link travel to such a world where the rules are topsy turvy, numerous odd new creatures and different kind of culture? Well, even though it uses some degree of technology, there's some new monsters and has different deities they serve, it has the same species in Ocarina of Time and it's still a world with a field you travel around to fighting monsters and such. Why do I tilt my head about this? Because, for me, it raises a question: why do we even need a different dimension in this game? Why can't Link just be in a different part of Hyrule, one where the people of Hyrule visit to for whatever reason, it's not even that different a place, it's got a field and everything Hyrule has in most of the games it has appeared in. It isn't like he's journeying to some odd world where the rules are different like Alice in Wonderland, he's still running through fields, entering dungeons and fighting monsters. To me, this dimension traveling idea has no purpose aside from being an excuse for them to reuse models, but if that was the case, why not just show the exact same characters, allowing you to add more depth to them?

Hylian Cat

The feline from Hyrule
What I want to know is why no one else helps Link on his quest (directly, I mean). You would think that at least one other person in Hyrule could defeat monsters in dungeons and help Link, but oh no, everyone in Hyrule but Link is helpless to the minions of Ganon. Does anyone else feel this way??? o_O

Well for the majora's mask thing, I think it's because the moon will destroy the whole (earth...?) or whatever the planet is called. Nintendo wanted the moon to only threaten this dimension of existence. I titled my head when I put my skyward sword in the wii on christmas day, only to find that I had to wait till the next day to get a motion plus.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
The fact that the Happy Masks Salesman moves like he's on a sugar rush in Majora's Mask. It's literally like...I'M OVER HERE...NOW I'M OVER HERE...THEN I'M OVER HERE. And I'm just like: "STOP MOVING!"

the moon in majora's mask the, size, those tall guys could hold it how small is that moon standing under it (while its in the atmosphere i might ad) you could see all ends of it, but then when you're on the moon its as big as the world itself!

I tilt my head when the put sidle instead of slide in Wind Waker.:dry:

si·dle/ˈsīdl/

Verb: Walk in a furtive or timid manner, esp. obliquely: "I sidled up to her".

Noun: An instance of walking in this way.

To be honest, not much in the series has caused me tilt my head. However, I can't seem to get over "???", the hand in the toilet. What exactly is that thing? This becomes even more head tilt inducing when:

A female ghost(?)'s hand appears in the toilet of the restroom in the Knight Academy in Skyward Sword. And in true 'hand in the toilet fashion', it asks for paper - apparently to...you know. I mean, come on, this hand's a ghost. Why would it need to...? Anyway, this is obviously a reference to "???", but it still made me tilt my head a bit... lol

Hmm... I'm sure there's something else, but I can't seem to think of it at the moment. When [if] I do I'll be sure to post it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom