• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Could Hurt the Game--most Likely?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
What are the ONE OR TWO things that you think are most risky to ruin or just hurt the quality of the game??

(this was supposed to be a poll...but it did not work...here are some ideas)

1 - Same old, same old...too much like past games
2 - Lousy story
3 - Graphical/technological inferiority of the Wii
4 - Broken controls
5 - Too different...new game structure, etc.
6 - Lack of challenge
7 - Too short
8 - No magic...missing that special, indefinable something
9 - Other (please explain)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Sorry Jupiter, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Even from the hints and the interviews and E3, Skyward Sword is shaping up to be a grand jewel on the Wii.
1. This is going to have new gameplay mechanics, and the formula is getting a fresh new layout to it.
2. The game is going to be a backstory of the Master Sword, a world in the sky, and Hyrule in ruin, and Link using the Skyward Sword who turns into a spirit like girl.
Sounds like a pretty awesome story to me already!
3. The graphics at E3 looks great, and it's in Beta Mode right now! I can't wait to see it in person, with all of its's full content in it.
4. The controls look pretty responsive. Sure they had problems at the demonstration, and it was slightly (slightly!) laggy in some videos, it was only because there were so many wireless things, even at the showfloor. I'm certain it's going to work even better at home, with less interference!
5. What is so bad about being different, I'm glad it's going to be a fresh new take on the old formula, while still retaining the essence of Zelda. Besides, I don't think it's going to be THAT much dramatically different!
6. Many people were having trouble at the showfloor showing that it's certainly tougher than Twilight Princess. Besides, with the more smarter enemies, and how they quickly block and take away an entire heart of damage, it looks like a tough game! I can't imagine how tough an actual boss will be like!
7. Eeh, doesn't look that short, or too long. I figure it's gonna hold a lot of water like Ocarina of Time.
8. Sword beams, sword-girl, flying, Skyloft in the sky, this looks like it'll have SOME kind of magic. Heck, every Zelda game has SOME kind of magic!

And that is me pointing out all of the awesome and great things that will help this game be a winner!! Already, this game looks like a must have for your Nintendo Wii.
I can't wait!

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Sorry Jupiter, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Even from the hints and the interviews and E3, Skyward Sword is shaping up to be a grand jewel on the Wii.

Disagree with me??!?!?!!--Did you even, ya know, read the question???

My question was what is "most likely" to be a problem? (That is, if there is a problem, what will it be?) I was not saying "here is a list of things that I think will suck..." I wanted people to think about what they are most worried about...another way to say it would be: what do you think this game's weakest point might be?

I think the game is going to be great. That does not mean there can't be things to consider that are worth worrying about...for me it is #3 (the low poly count trees look like **GARBAGE**) and #8 (it's hard to make magic happen, even for Nintendo).

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Hmm... This is a very interesting question! I'd have to go with broken controls... That's basically what ruined the Sonic series. :\

Sure, having good graphics are nice, and an epic storyline wouldn't hurt either... But if you have every great thing wrapped up in altogether EXCEPT good controls, the game is basically broken, at least for me. What's the point of having a awesome-mega-super-cool storyline if you have to desperately struggle to progress through it? What's the point of having great, clean-cut graphics if you can't enjoy them since you're busy working the controls? Having broken controls will indeed pose a challenge, and will definitely make the game long since it'll take you forever to try to do something...

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's broken controls. ;D

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
If Skyloft is better for some reason than Hyrule, that might hurt the games reputation. I want Skyloft to be awesome, so awesome that they over do it, but then I hope Hyrule can match that. If Hyrule isen't as fun as Skyloft than I can see some of the fans getting upset again. they have to find a balance between the two locations I want more switching back and forth than OoT that's all. Give us a good reason to go back to Skyloft again and again, but have the majority of the main quest down in Hyrule. something like that anyway..

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I don't think it's going to have broken controls, I mean, it works pretty well even at E3. They've been saying how they've been carefully working on it's controls, and of course, the story and world itself! All of the Zelda games have unique controls, and all of them work. The controls even in Beta form looks okay to me!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I don't think it's going to have broken controls, I mean, it works pretty well even at E3. They've been saying how they've been carefully working on it's controls, and of course, the story and world itself! All of the Zelda games have unique controls, and all of them work. The controls even in Beta form looks okay to me!

Did you, uh... Read the question right? He's asking which one of those would hurt the game most IF it was to happen. I know that beyond everything else, Skyward Sword will have seamless gameplay that the Zelda series is known for.

At E3, they might've had some technical issues, but off of the stage, SS's controls were 1:1, as they promised. They were nearly flawless. Broken controls is probably the last thing that could ever happen to SS. I was merely saying that broken controls would be something that would hurt the game terribly if that happened. :\

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, I can't really think of a way that Skyward Sword will fail. Oh, EternalNocturne, broken controls hurts ANY game lol.
But still, the controls look like the last thing that could go wrong. Besides, Skyward Sword seems that it won't fail.

A

Anaribia

I'd say either #2 or #5...I'm not too worried about #2, but I'd be crushed if it was lousy! I'm a little concerned about it being too different...but we'll just have to see! :)

V

vito96

In my opinion i think (and other people too) that skyward sword going to be a revolution. if it succeeds then there is a possibility that MAYBE all zelda games after SS would have motion plus, IN MY OPINION. like Oot, it changed the way we play zelda from 2-d to 3-d and it stayed like that for all the games to come. the only thing I'm worried about is that the motion plus might have some lagging and calibrating problems. i have wii sports resorts, and when y play sworldplay or ping-pong, i some time have to calibrate the control because im pointing one way but in the game is pointing another. maybe nintendo responded to this problem and fixed or whatever, i don't now. but this is a really minor issue and either way i think this game is still gonna be really successful.

In my opinion i think (and other people too) that skyward sword going to be a revolution. if it succeeds then there is a possibility that MAYBE all zelda games after SS would have motion plus, IN MY OPINION. like Oot, it changed the way we play zelda from 2-d to 3-d and it stayed like that for all the games to come.
I know your saying maybe, but I think the smartest thing to do, is to keep our expectations low, not saying that the game ISN'T going to be a revolution, but saying that we shouldn't expect such... just in case it doesn't have all the things people are wanting it to have. just be careful where you put that expectation! :)

Hmm, I think 2 things that COULD hurt the game is lack of side-quests and character interaction (so content outside of the main storyline), and same old stuff, like Zoras Domain being frozen and Ganondorf trying to take over Hyrule and having forest, fire, water, then three or four new dungeons formula.

I just want SS to have its own identity, Majoras Mask and Wind Waker did, but they had a different overworld than actual Hyrule. I'm sure Skyloft will be great, I just hope Hyrule feels new.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Well, I can't really think of a way that Skyward Sword will fail. Oh, EternalNocturne, broken controls hurts ANY game lol.
But still, the controls look like the last thing that could go wrong. Besides, Skyward Sword seems that it won't fail.

Yup. I totally agree. XD Zelda is known for its flawless controls after all. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom