• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I think beauts is referring to people who act like they are objectively above others just ad a human being alone, that they are "worth" more than other people and I personally think there is no situation where that's okay, whether you're Hitler or Nelson Mandela, you're still a human being and so you have no inherit "worth" above any other human being.

I don't know, Beauts said she was referring to pretentious people; those who act like they're of more value than they actually are. I'm not sure many people think they're inherently better, people try to justify their value by something like appealing to their worth in society, but I think a problem arises when people pretend they are of more value, and use this to make others feel terrible.

What determined accurate? Nothing but our own opinions of course.

I think it is reasonable to say, worth in society based off some ethics generally determines accuracy in the view of most people, which is what I care about because that seems most practical. Not convinced it normally matters what a fringe group thinks is worth. In general, I think most people would reasonably agree Bill Gates is worth more than Charles G. Koch.

What if it's really close and we aren't sure if they are accurate or not? If we were to use a metric, what of they were off by 1 or 2 "quality" points? I mean you're getting into really dangerous territory here with this "as long as they are accurate".
Yeah, I understand, this is why I pad my statements especially in these types of conversations with "generally" or "normally" because I think you get to a point where these things might become too difficult to reasonably determine; a point where there are too many in intricate details do we not fully understand.

Anyway, I definitely agree these conversations can get into some extremist territory, but for clarity sake I think in legal practice it makes the most sense to treat everyone fair.

Leaving for ten hours at school, but I'd appreciate your opinion as a Canadian to this post I made: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/american-2016-elections-thread.53449/page-4#post-994387

If I want an opinions on elections in other countries I'd rather not ask Americans. xD k gottta run

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
At my current average rate of zero words per minute, it's never going get written. Maybe the problem is that there's nothing there to write about in the first place.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I got an email from Uni today accepting my application for a two week internship in Japan next February :)

They're going to pay for my accommodation and transfers, and provide me with a $1500 grant to cover flights and some other expenses. Plus, it's credited for a class so later on I'll be able to lighten my load one semester.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Well this next year is going to be an interesting one.

My family is likely moving to Michigan sometime early next year.

I'm staying for school, so the convenient arrangement of living at home will end sooner than I thought.

It'll be a new adventure.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
In our Triforce Heroes project group, Omni Triforcer keeps throwing me on this one pillar. Like, whenever I jump down, he just puts me back on the pillar...is the pillar my new home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom