• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Got woken up early by the postwoman, was overjoyed because my Cowboy Bebop boxset finally arrived, dicked around for an hour to try and get it to work, only to find that my PC doesn't have a blu-ray player. My stupidity knows no bounds.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Got woken up early by the postwoman, was overjoyed because my Cowboy Bebop boxset finally arrived, dicked around for an hour to try and get it to work, only to find that my PC doesn't have a blu-ray player. My stupidity knows no bounds.

I love Cowboy Bebop! :D What was all in the boxset? or was it just DVD's lol

Lots of things actually, including a poster and some artbook of sorts. The latter is unfortunately in Italian. I had to import the set because the German edition doesn't have the English dub.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Glad Triforcer, Jr. Papa, Spike Vein, and I had a nice recording session. At this rate we'll get Zelda Triforce Heroes completed 100%. :)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I hate people who think they're better than anyone else. If you have that kind of arrogance then to be honest it makes you worse than most people, not better. You could be Saint Lord Commander Nelson Mandela Mother Teresa Malala Stephen Hawking Jesus Christ Superstar Cleopatra Monroe and you walk around with that holier-than-thou attitude you are not going to win yourself any friends.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I hate people who think they're better than anyone else.
Though some are better than others to society (with almost 100% objectivity). It might be difficult for people to determine someone's worth across the board, but certainly determining someone's value becomes easier, once you look at an individual area. For example Beauts: I am probably more ethical than Stalin, but we don't even need an extreme-ass comparison, because I am probably more ****ing ethical than some of my conservative family members who believe women shouldn't have rights.

Basically, if someone claims they're better, I want to find out why so I can improve. My issue is if they're pretentious; as in, pretending to be superior when they seemingly aren't, which is inaccurate.

you walk around with that holier-than-thou attitude you are not going to win yourself any friends.
Finally, if you're a jerk, it won't win you many friends, because it hurts communication. Though not winning friends speaks nothing to the legitimacy of a person.

Last edited:

Beauts

Though some are better than others (with almost 100% objectivity). It might be difficult for people to determine someone's worth across the board, but certainly determining someone's value becomes easier, once you look at an individual area. For example Beauts: I am probably more ethical than Stalin, but we don't even need an extreme-ass comparison, because I am probably more ****ing ethical than some of my conservative family members who believe women shouldn't have rights.

Basically, if someone claims they're better, I want to find out why so I can improve. My issue is if they're pretentious; as in, pretending to be superior when they seemingly aren't, which is inaccurate.

Finally, if you're a jerk, it won't win you many friends, because it hurts communication. Though not winning friends speaks nothing to the legitimacy of a person.

Huh? I was literally talking about people's attitude when they think they're better. Not if they are better in some way (everyone has things they're good at or not good at as you say it's basically impossible to determine unless someone is morally reprehensible, stupid and unkind all at the same time)

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Huh? I was literally talking about people's attitude when they think they're better.
I understand. I am not trying to discredit any personal situation you might be discussing, but I do not believe there is anything wrong with a person thinking they're generally better as long as its accurate.

Edit note: I think your issue might be with those who're pretentious, which I wholeheartedly agree is an issue.

Salem

SICK
too much on my mind, I was absent from work cause I was really tired and sick, I have a project to submit to the teacher, there's a conference I must attend...

Beauts

I understand. I am not trying to discredit any personal situation you might be discussing, but I do not believe there is anything wrong with a person thinking they're generally better as long as its accurate.

Edit note: I think your issue might be with those who're pretentious, which I wholeheartedly agree is an issue.

I guess and yeah that's definitely the type of person I mean :)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Marketing stuff. I've got my Marketing final tomorrow (took it as an elective class) and have studied quite a bit for the past few days. Just did some calculations and it looks like I need to get 4/40 tomorrow to get a Pass in the class. Not too worried then.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

What determined accurate? Nothing but our own opinions of course. What if it's really close and we aren't sure if they are accurate or not? If we were to use a metric, what of they were off by 1 or 2 "quality" points? I mean you're getting into really dangerous territory here with this "as long as they are accurate".

I think beauts is referring to people who act like they are objectively above others just ad a human being alone, that they are "worth" more than other people and I personally think there is no situation where that's okay, whether you're Hitler or Nelson Mandela, you're still a human being and so you have no inherit "worth" above any other human being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom