• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I got my booklist for university. 12 books, $450. And that's just the first term. Oh boy.

you got out for under $500. this is relatively ok (which is sort of like feeling fortunate that the least expensive part on your car broke, but it is what it is)

You're lucky. 12 books here would be like $1500. (assuming you're talking about textbooks) My ethics textbook was $207.

12 textbooks sure seems like a lot, though. What kind of classes are you taking?

i'd be hard-pressed to name the circle of hell where this would be reality. maybe an ultra-aggressive science term (in which case you are either clinically insane or should replace your advisor)

Djinn

and Tonic
Parents actually tried to give me some form of "closure" by telling me about the time my sister took and wrecked my car years ago. Turns out it was on purpose for an incredibly stupid reason.

Somehow that really doesn't make me feel like anything was closed by any means. Just makes me more glad that I moved fairly far away from all of that.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I got my booklist for university. 12 books, $450. And that's just the first term. Oh boy.

I'm so glad my course isn't book-heavy. My history booklist was like, ridiculous. One of the books I had to buy cost like £70 alone (around $140) I advise looking for second hand copies and being fast at the library.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
How much I miss my @Vanessa28 , she got a job and I never talked to her again :frownyface:

Other than that...I am currently out of games to play. Though I'm restricted to last gen and the WiiU, I have replayed the games. They are all good. I just need something new till I get Mighty No.9

My mother's technology prowess never fails to amuse. She tries, but for the most part, the 00s and 10s just didn't happen for her technology-wise...

Her latest struggle is with sending pictures she takes on her phone via message. every time, she emails them in an attachment to my work email instead. which to me seems like it would be more complicated, but ok

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
My mother's technology prowess never fails to amuse. She tries, but for the most part, the 00s and 10s just didn't happen for her technology-wise...

Her latest struggle is with sending pictures she takes on her phone via message. every time, she emails them in an attachment to my work email instead. which to me seems like it would be more complicated, but ok

it took me 45 minutes to explain to my mother how to resize a window over the phone once, during which time she was reading me her work email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom