• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
it's not. critical care facilities are not allowed to turn people away in need. since there are so many people without health insurance, the ER becomes their primary care provider as they cannot afford to see a regular doctor. since the patients without insurance cannot be charged, that cost is diverted into standard procedures and passed on to the insurance companies, which raises premiums for everyone else.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm not sure how the ER system is in the UK.

It's not as good as it should be, largely because people go there for dumbass reasons instead of actual serious things. However, they do have a time they are supposed to see Triage within, which is 4 hours, and they are trying to reduce that wait time. Somehow they think the solution is shut a bunch of A&E departments so the remaining ones get more crowded so they can justify the selling off of the NHS because it is 'inefficient'. :ananger:

chocolate chjp cookie dough quest bars constitute an unhealthy portion of my diet and my wallet

but goddammit they're just so delicious

it's not. critical care facilities are not allowed to turn people away in need. since there are so many people without health insurance, the ER becomes their primary care provider as they cannot afford to see a regular doctor. since the patients without insurance cannot be charged, that cost is diverted into standard procedures and passed on to the insurance companies, which raises premiums for everyone else.

Are you saying that in the US we don't have to pay for ER visits? Because I recently got cut extremely badly (about 30 stitches in my hand) and my insurance did not cover it all. The total charge to my insurance company was about $4,000 so now I have to come up with about $2,000 to pay the hospital, which frankly I just don't have. :(

Curmudgeon

Are you saying that in the US we don't have to pay for ER visits? Because I recently got cut extremely badly (about 30 stitches in my hand) and my insurance did not cover it all. The total charge to my insurance company was about $4,000 so now I have to come up with about $2,000 to pay the hospital, which frankly I just don't have. :(

well, I didn't feel like writing a four thousand word essay on all of the flaws of the medical care paradigm, but yes. There are serious problems with gaps in coverage that make your situation appallingly common. To the point where medical bankruptcy is one of the chief causes of financial insolvency in America. It's not that people who don't have insurance don't have to pay. It's that the hospital systems know they won't see the money. Passing on the cost to insurance companies in part causes partial claim denial. It's a ****ing atrocity all around.

Curmudgeon

i had cafe con leche with dessert. it was at least three shots of espresso. i am never going to bed.

holy **** what is wrong with this game im gonna throw my ****ing 3ds at the wall

ac2a742812.png

5ee9fbe14d.png

bf7dbac38f.png

802e7b0f15.png

c1b16e35dd.png

5171d17efe.png

363c22e6c8.png

129ae0dcbe.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom