• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
It was nice when I was the supervisor, and I would tell customers to piss off. I worked at a military pharmacy and so I tried to run a tight shift. You know, keep in disciplined and stuff. And that went for our hours of operation as well. It was clearly stated: we close at 8:00pm. Not 8:01. Not 8:05. 8:00. Because we also opened at 7:00am. Not 7:01. Patients and customers were ready to make sure we knew we were late opening, so I was equally sure to remind them when we closed. If I had a person come up and get huffy with me because we were closing and we wouldn't serve them at 8:15, I would tell them off. If they were REALLY nice, and apologetic and understanding of how they were in the wrong for coming late and making us stay, then I would usually help them. But no one came to my pharmacy on my shift and demanded anything from me because I would quite happily tell someone to bugger off, and their rank be damned.

Because you're right. No one cares about the worker bee. So I took care of my guys and gals. If someone needed to stay late, it was me. If someone had to deal with an irate customer, it was me. It's part of being the supervisor, having rank, but it was also because I was a lot older than most of them.

Anyways, I think everyone should have at least one service job in their life so they know what it's like.

I'm like that a little bit. I mean I don't mind helping someone when we're closing when they know exactly what they want and literally just want to find the item and pay for it but if somebody thinks they're browsing at 5:59pm I tell them bluntly were closing. I used to pretty much supervise at one of my previous jobs (I had management privileges in deed and not title so I could do exchanges and refunds etc and act supervisor if the actual supervisor wasn't in) and quite quickly I became sharp with customers. Like no nonsense attitude, this is how it is. If you don't like it tough titties basically. I eventually was the one called on to deal with all the irate and abusive customers and tbh I liked it because I got to actually retaliate. But in my job they don't really let you get away with that, but Ive given up pretending to be nice to people who don't deserve it. I stay civil but I cba with fake chirpiness

onebizarrekai

gay energy
There's a block party going on outside, and the music is so loud it's vibrating in my ears and giving me a headache. And my window is closed. How are people even alive out there?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
He said July.

CLSev14UYAAGUrL.png:large
My life at the moment
fetalpositioncry.gif

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
If @Beauts it's so easy to throw said company away and easily get a new job, then just do it. I know you well enough to know you aren't working service out of the goodness of your heart; you are doing it to get paid, and being nice to customers is part of the job description. I don't get paid to shop somewhere, in fact I lose money, so yeah, it is way different to be rude to customer service than vice versa and no, I have little if any sympathy for rude customer service people. I worked a ****ty job going door to door soliciting and was **** on regularly, never changed how I dealt with other people.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's been 2 months since the move, and I still haven't found my 3DS... not looking good, not looking good.

I found all my games, a pack of styluses, and my charger, but I haven't found the thing itself. gdi why :kawaii:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
But does it mean my concussion is gone or is it just something that always happens as part of the healing process?

probably not gone. healing time is entirely determined by the severity of the concussion and the randomness of the interaction between your biology and the environment. unfortunately i'm not really qualified to assess any of those factors... though your body being able to regulate how much light enters your eyes is a good thing nevertheless

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
probably not gone. healing time is entirely determined by the severity of the concussion and the randomness of the interaction between your biology and the environment. unfortunately i'm not really qualified to assess any of those factors... though your body being able to regulate how much light enters your eyes is a good thing nevertheless
Yeah I realized it wasn't gone when the nausea hit me hard again lol

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Trying to think of skills I don't have which might help me get better jobs. Might learn to code or something just to have somethibg better to put on my cv than "I know how to let a till do all the mental arithmetic for me" or "I can read" etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom