• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I finally watched the last three Harry Potter movies and now I can say with certainty that the first three (along with the 8th actually) are my favorites. I don't remember a thing from the books so I can't really say how well the last books were adapted or not but I still enjoyed them. The Half-Blood Prince was pretty weak, though.

If I had to pick, I'd say my favorites are 2, 5, and 8.

7th and 8th kept pretty close to the books to be honest, it only deviated on a few parts, Goblet of Fire and Half Blood prince were definitely weak entries to the series, i'd say Order of the Phoenix was so out of order it made me want to puke.

Incidentally the person who plays umbridge hated playing her. she said that umbridge was truly evil

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I'm going into my senior year of high school and my parents are 'helping' me figure out what college I'm gonna go to but I have no idea what I wanna do with my life. I don't necessarily know whether I wanan go to college or not. And if I do, I don't know if I wanna go into music, movies, visual art, literature, mathematics, engineering, architecture, physics, or something else that I haven't thought of. I'm a cut above everyone else I know in all of those subjects so there's no one in particular that's my forte.

And then there's also the problem of not having any money and bad grades and a 1960 on my SAT which is far lower than what I was expecting or need ('cause I didn't study or anything and I was day-dreaming a lot of the time I was taking it).

And also then I'm seriously thinking about staying with my girlfriend for the rest of my life and it's difficult if I'm gonna be going to college. And also she wants to go into cosmetics and the choice I'm leaning towards for college is music and we're probably gonna have a pretty low income. xD

Dan

I'm going into my senior year of high school and my parents are 'helping' me figure out what college I'm gonna go to but I have no idea what I wanna do with my life. I don't necessarily know whether I wanan go to college or not. And if I do, I don't know if I wanna go into music, movies, visual art, literature, mathematics, engineering, architecture, physics, or something else that I haven't thought of. I'm a cut above everyone else I know in all of those subjects so there's no one in particular that's my forte.

And then there's also the problem of not having any money and bad grades and a 1960 on my SAT which is far lower than what I was expecting or need ('cause I didn't study or anything and I was day-dreaming a lot of the time I was taking it).

And also then I'm seriously thinking about staying with my girlfriend for the rest of my life and it's difficult if I'm gonna be going to college. And also she wants to go into cosmetics and the choice I'm leaning towards for college is music and we're probably gonna have a pretty low income. xD

I just want you to know that ever you do, Me and Seth will always be around should you need anyone to talk and we shall both support your choices no matter what they are. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

It's very rare for people to know what they want to do with their lives at that stage in life. Heck, I didn't know what I wanted until my seconde year of college. Give yourself some time. You'll figure it out.

I wouldn't worry too much about your SAT score, I got a 1640 and that alone was enough to get me into my current school lmao

Reactions: Dan
whoever thought this was a good idea deserves to be pushed down a flight of stairs

75ffdc93f2.png

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
my immunization forms, which have been on file for the past two years, are now suddenly illegible and incomplete. i think the only way they're going to accept my tetanus booster is if i go into their office and have it injected directly into my eye in the presence of a notary public, priest, county magistrate, and the weatherman from the local ABC affiliate.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!

lol, this was totally me exactly one year ago. What I can say is, it gets better, trust. If I may, here's my two-cents: As my favourite movie quotes, life isn't a race. It's not the end of the world if you don't go to college right away, or you don't graduate right away. I think it's best not to rush into something you might not be ready for, or don't want to do at all. Second, follow your heart. Don't get pressured into applying for something just because of job prospects, because everyone else is taking it and it's deemed "accepted" or whatever, especially if your own heart's not in it. Because you never know how your life is going to play out, and if you don't go into the field you desire, you may be thinking for a long time "what if." Also, don't look too much at an institute's name. It really is okay if you're not going to a so-called 'prestigious' place. Finally, don't put too much pressure on yourself, and work hard (but also play hard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom