• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

how BLAZIKENing terrifying the girl in azure sages avatar is

seriously wtf is wrong with her jawline

her mouth is literally on her chin

her entire face is like melting off of her head

her eyes are way too low and it makes her appear to have a really alien-looking cranial bulge

this is all i see

8ec61e5b97.png

anime.

58401bf35d.png

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Anyone else feel like their life is at a dead-end?

what are you. 19? come on, man. you put all your eggs into one basket. the basket broke. if you want to stand there and lament the broken eggs for the rest of time, that's your business. but damn. i thought i was going to be with the first girl i loved forever too. there will be others if you ever manage to live your life looking through the windshield instead of the rear view mirror.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
what are you. 19? come on, man. you put all your eggs into one basket. the basket broke. if you want to stand there and lament the broken eggs for the rest of time, that's your business. but damn. i thought i was going to be with the first girl i loved forever too. there will be others if you ever manage to live your life looking through the windshield instead of the rear view mirror.

It's not just that, I honestly feel like everything (especially university) is pointless. I don't really know what I could feasibly do with my future or what sort of career I really want. I was never really sure but now that's just at the forefront of my "list of things I need to worry about."

Curmudgeon

my most successful friends didn't know what they wanted to do at 25, post degree.

you're in college. make the most of it. take everything seriously. if you decide something is pointless, you have closed the door to anything useful coming from the experience. frankly, i don't get the impression you're trying very hard. it's supposed to be an experience. join clubs. meet people. you should give yourself an opportunity to get out of your comfort zone every day. my best friends came from what I did outside the classroom. yeah, it sucks being socially awkward. but you don't just magically stop unless you make an attempt. you can either succeed despite your circumstances or surrender to them. life isn't short. it's very long. and spending the next several decades fearful and miserable is no way to live. escaping the cycle starts with a choice.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
my most successful friends didn't know what they wanted to do at 25, post degree.

you're in college. make the most of it. take everything seriously. if you decide something is pointless, you have closed the door to anything useful coming from the experience. frankly, i don't get the impression you're trying very hard. it's supposed to be an experience. join clubs. meet people. you should give yourself an opportunity to get out of your comfort zone every day. my best friends came from what I did outside the classroom. yeah, it sucks being socially awkward. but you don't just magically stop unless you make an attempt. you can either succeed despite your circumstances or surrender to them. life isn't short. it's very long. and spending the next several decades fearful and miserable is no way to live. escaping the cycle starts with a choice.
I agree with this but I don't like the "you're not trying very hard" comment. Depression is really, really difficult. It's an illness. I can guarantee you I'm trying as hard as possible and yet, still failing miserably in a lot of facets. It's really hard.

Curmudgeon

I agree with this but I don't like the "you're not trying very hard" comment. Depression is really, really difficult. It's an illness. I can guarantee you I'm trying as hard as possible and yet, still failing miserably in a lot of facets. It's really hard.

yup. it is. i've had depression and anxiety issues for a long time (when i first started showing symptoms, the berlin wall was still standing). i'm also add inattentive type and mildly dyslexic. i intimately understand the struggle. hiding from the world doesn't make it better.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
So I went to bed a bit early last night thinking that if I could get some sleep it would improve my outlook on life. Yeah that didn't happen. At 4:30 AM my dad clomps into my room and has a loud discussion with my mom about what's going wrong with the router. So, there went any chance of getting any more rest.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It's not just that, I honestly feel like everything (especially university) is pointless. I don't really know what I could feasibly do with my future or what sort of career I really want. I was never really sure but now that's just at the forefront of my "list of things I need to worry about."

In my experience, every time I've felt like my life was heading in the wrong direction, I've later realised I had to go through it in order to learn something or build strength that later came in handy for me. Life may feel hopeless right now, but give it time, you'll figure it out. It's all part of the process of becoming an adult. It's hard to know what you want to do in life, but just keep your eyes open for the opportunities that arise and do the best you can.

Some people take a very direct route in life, they know what they want and they go for it. Others, we take the long way around. Nothing wrong with that, it's hard to plan an entire life when you're not even out of your teens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom