• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Anyway. What I really came here to say.

I'm so stressed. I'm getting anxiety again. Today I had a panic attack because I couldn't find where to put something at work. That was it. I was standing in the men's section holding a jacket and bawling my eyes out. I need to calm down and relax.

I'm sorry. =( Get yourself a nice, comfey chair, and do something relaxing that you love to do. =) When you're down, treat yourself to a good ol' cup o' cheer!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Everything I have to do in the next week probably wouldn't seem so overwhelming if it weren't for the fact that I'm so freaking tired right now.

@Azure Sage calm down

684c6c07a4.png

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
all a matter of perspective, no?

Yes. And from my point of view, relationships are a form of horror XD

funny story, that (no really, it is actually sort of funny for people not me). it's a very real illustration of the butterfly effect on a micro level, with an extraordinarily complicated interaction of people and events from all corners of my life over the course of several years.

In the end, he did ask if it was cool - after they had all but started dating. i could have exercised my right to righteous indignation, but it would have only served to make more of a mess of things than already existed. In the end, you have to pick your battles. I had already won in a way - she was actually after my other friend, first which i threw a wrench into and she had to settle for the other guy. small, silent victories

That's amazing. I agree about picking your battles. In my situation, when my ex claimed I had tried to get with her sister, I considered making a big deal about it and fighting to prove my innocence, but I decided to say "F that, I don't care anymore", and so that worked out, because today (about 7 years later), it actually doesn't matter at all. I think that's one thing that's hard to realize when something bad is happening at the time: in a few years, it isn't going to matter at all.

Wow everyone's exes stories be cray. I would share mine but I don't have any. Oh. Well my ex once made out with my friend in front of me, idk if that counts? at the time, we weren't really involved but it was soon after we were (we personified the "it's complicated" relationship status) and my friend was very very drunk. She cried for hours after because she felt so bad for letting it happen. I didn't stay mad at her. I forgave her but I guess I don't forget it, I know she doesn't. Anyway, at the time I just didn't feel anything. I was like oh look. He's kissing her. That's happening then. And then I just carried on like nothing had happened. This was really only the beginning in a long series of **** things I put up with from hin btw. This should have really been warning enough, haha.

That's awful. It's interesting how much we put up with when it comes to relationships sometimes. I think for me, for a long time, I would put up with stuff out of some irrational fear of being alone if I broke up with a girlfriend, so I may have put up with stuff that, had I been thinking rationally, I would never have done. But relationships and emotions are anything but rational.

Wow I almost spilled boiling water on myself. Apparently throwing in all the sausages at the same time wasn't a good idea... Luckily my super fast reflexes saved me. Maybe I should try to think trough stuff before I act.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I did an Ocarina of Time Any% No IM/WW speedrun last night and I got a new Personal Best by about 4.5 minutes! Granted, I saved those 4.5 minutes simply by not making the mistakes I made in my previous PB.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There are a bunch of people with their kids on campus today. Wonder what's up.

Community college is so surreal because like there are a lot of people who look like they're around my age but they're actually in their thirties and married with two kids like what. It's really cool, though, because there's people from like every ethnic background and age group all here in this one school. That's really neat.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Community college is so surreal because like there are a lot of people who look like they're around my age but they're actually in their thirties and married with two kids like what. It's really cool, though, because there's people from like every ethnic background and age group all here in this one school. That's really neat.

I've had that experience as well. It wasn't uncommon for me to be in my first year of college at age 18, and then have other students in my classes who where at least in their late 20s. I can even recall a student that was in my third- and fourth-year classes who was in her 40s. This was when I was 22.

I find it amazing since you get the students who start college just out of high school, but you see some students who worked for a while and maybe are married or have their own children, but are going to college to take their careers to the next level. The age difference among some college students is unbelievable, but fascinating at the same time.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I'm pretty sure that ever since I screwed up at a piano recital my mom (who's a piano teacher) held, I've started getting anxiety just from practicing. Not sure if it's just me, but really, ever since that time, it hasn't been the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom