• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

14b55b9ea6.png

The. Swag. Koopa.

SWAG. Koopa.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I was just going on for the last three weeks about how awesome it would be if there was an anime fighting game with a bunch of characters from different animes in it (especially Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara) AND GUESS WHAT.

WE'RE GETTING ONE. WE. ARE. FREAKING. GETTING ONE. WITH SHIZUO IN IT.

Guys, I don't think this is healthy for me. It's starting to make me believe that I have partial control over the world. This isn't the first time this has happened. Either that or I can just predict the future without realizing I'm actually predicting the future.

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
I just realized Link's eyes darken. Like, they're normally sky or ocean blue, but when he's sad or scared or angry they turn more of a cobalt or indigo color.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
If someone was raised in a society where pointing out every flaw in someone is considered helpful, and then came to the U.S or the U.K or somewhere and started calling people fat, would it be right to blame them for this? While it isn't right, they still think they are doing the right thing, because they have always been told that.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
If someone was raised in a society where pointing out every flaw in someone is considered helpful, and then came to the U.S or the U.K or somewhere and started calling people fat, would it be right to blame them for this? While it isn't right, they still think they are doing the right thing, because they have always been told that.

If it has been explained to them that it is incredibly rude to do so, then yes, they can and should be held accountable for what they say. If they haven't explain it to them and go to step 1.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
If it has been explained to them that it is incredibly rude to do so, then yes, they can and should be held accountable for what they say. If they haven't explain it to them and go to step 1.

But to them, it is right, and they don't understand how you find it wrong. To them, not pointing these things out is rude.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I'm positive that pretty much all of the conflict that goes among 'fans' when it comes to video games or consoles is caused by expectations…

Which is why I pretty much never expect stuff :/

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
But to them, it is right, and they don't understand how you find it wrong. To them, not pointing these things out is rude.

If you make a choice to live in a different society than the one you grew up in, you need to learn the social norms. So in your example, this person should be explained why this isn't acceptable in the society they have moved to. I have a flatmate from France, and I do what I can to explain what is and what isn't appropriate here, because no matter how little he can help it, he will suffer the consequences if he makes a social no-no, so it's better that he is explained why something he's used to isn't found acceptable over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom