• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
That's great news, Violet Link! Sending some positive vibes in your direction, and wishing you all the best (:

I've been thinking a lot lately about how irresponsible I can be with money when it comes to video games v_v. For the most part, I'm pretty solid when it comes to planning out a budget and sticking to it. Having grown up in a pretty poor household/family, I understand the scarcity of money all too well, and how often my parents struggled to keep food on the table. Nowadays, I work two jobs from home, and make enough money for a little extra on the side.

But then video games. Holy poop lol. An example of this would be DragonAge Inquisition and Super Smash Bros. Wii U being released in the same week. I bought both of these at full retail price they day they were released. Some might thing "yeah, so what" but when you're not living with your parents/have a tonne of bills to pay/Christmas is coming up so presents for people/yeah you do alright with money but not so well that you can buy TWO NEW VIDEO GAMES in the same week, it's a little concerning that I disregard all that because omg Smash U.

I've been like this ever since my childhood too. I used to deliberately miss the bus to and from school, keep the busfare, and walk 45 minutes both ways, just so I could save up money to hire out a video game. When I got my first crappy job as a teenager, my first pay cheque went to a Nintendo Gamecube bundle with the Windwaker.

And you know what? I'm a goddamn nitpick every other time when it comes to money, and it's because I feel a lot of guilt spending lavishly when I know I should save save save because -that- will benefit me in the future. I've learnt that the hard way in seeing the struggles of my parents. But throw a shiny new video game in my direction, and that logic sails right on out of the window and off into space. Instead of thinking "you understand what it's like to grow up poor, so saving money as a precaution and foundation for the future is a -good- idea" becomes "you understand what it's like to grow up poor, so now that you have the money, you should buy the things you like--like video games. Right now. Buy it. RIGHT NOW" See how my mind conveniently changes up the logic to cater to my whims and wishes? lol

So yeah, I'm pretty awful when it comes to money and video games. I really need to work on this.

And even as I say this, I'm eyeing a copy of Bayonetta 2.

lmao fml

Just got back from the first day of my new, second job, and I'm quite satisfied or whatever. Granted, it's only a seasonal position, but that depends on whether or not I'm a good, responsible, and dependable worker if they're going to keep me or not. If I'm lucky, they'll keep me after the holidays.

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
Why is it that ZD's the only forum to always like my avatars despite being really crappy? Other places are way too harsh on the avatars I use.

What other forums do you visit? That sounds stupid. Haha.
I think your avy is fine!

As for me.. getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so i'd be lying if I said that wasn't on my mind.

What other forums do you visit? That sounds stupid. Haha.
I think your avy is fine!

SmashBoards & Equestria Forums (before I left because I didn't feel comfortable going there anymore). They keep telling me that I need to use an avatar with a transparent background or not make the avatar have a close-up shot of a character. Crappy thing about this is I don't know anything on how to do a transparent background along with not closing in on a picture. I can change a picture into a much higher quality one, but as for the others, I have no freaking clue. I really hate this, too, because I can't go anywhere without this minor criticism. - ___-

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I've stumbled across a YouTube Channel that has some Arabic lessons on it and I think I want to look into learning the language. The way the letters join and run into each other is really interesting and I'd love to know how to read it.

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
SmashBoards & Equestria Forums (before I left because I didn't feel comfortable going there anymore). They keep telling me that I need to use an avatar with a transparent background or not make the avatar have a close-up shot of a character. Crappy thing about this is I don't know anything on how to do a transparent background along with not closing in on a picture. I can change a picture into a much higher quality one, but as for the others, I have no freaking clue. I really hate this, too, because I can't go anywhere without this minor criticism. - ___-

Oh wow, I didn't know people were such sticklers on that stuff.
I mean, like all my avatars have to be transparent, because that's what I like. But i've never been all "wtf, why doesn't he/she have transparency too"
It's a big deal for me, but everyone else can do whatever they want to do.

Well, yeah. That sucks you have to deal with that. It's such a trivial thing that nobody should ever bug you about it...

onebizarrekai

gay energy
f616c960c8e88e438c64a4535be849eb.jpg

I love this. And I don't care what anybody else has to say about me posting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom