• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I just had a really weird dream but I don't remember it; but I do know that I drowned at the end and now I can't get back to sleep.

I was studying at the library and then I got distracted with doodling, and then I went into one off my weird trances where I zone in really close to my notebook and begin drawing extremely fast. I probably looked so weird. I must've looked pretty weird since a lot of people were walking by staring at me. Sigh. I couldn't help myself. This happens every single time. I vow not to ever draw again at the local library. *forgets and begins to draw again.*

Look!!!!! I'm not alone!!!!! ^_^

Here's what is on my mind: I was watching Rise of the Guardians with my little sister, and I thought, wait, if nobody believed in Jack Frost until 2012, then how did the expression "Jack Frost nipping at your nose" come around?

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Here's what is on my mind: I was watching Rise of the Guardians with my little sister, and I thought, wait, if nobody believed in Jack Frost until 2012, then how did the expression "Jack Frost nipping at your nose" come around?

Jack Frost has never been something for people to believe in. He is the result of giving a phenomenon (cold weather, in this case) human-like qualities. This is a literary (rhetorical) device known as personification. Rise of the Guardians took it a step further and imagined Jack Frost as an actual person. Jack Frost is as "Believed in" as Mother Nature.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The character of Jack Frost has been appearing in literature since the 1800s (as a personification of winterish weather). he's probably an adaptation of a spirit from saxon and/or norse mythology.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom