• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Are my stupid earrings making my ears react, or is it just a case of bad earring placement irritating the ear? A mystery never fully explained...

If you eel rings are dirty, they may cause a bad irritation. Make sure to clean them using the proper cleaning agents every night. It is the only safe way to go

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Are my stupid earrings making my ears react, or is it just a case of bad earring placement irritating the ear? A mystery never fully explained...
If you eel rings are dirty, they may cause a bad irritation. Make sure to clean them using the proper cleaning agents every night. It is the only safe way to go

Try this first, but if they keep reacting, you may be allergic to whatever they're made of, nickel being the most common metal allergy. If you want, cover the parts that touch your ear in clear nail polish, or not wear the jewelry that is afflicting your ears with their poison (regardless of how cute they are. I'll get you some new earrings for your birthday, bby. Just tell me which kind of metal those are made of if you know and I won't buy whatever it is)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm sick of my parents comparing me to my brothers :(

tumblr_n8l69xdQEV1sa6ed2o5_1280.jpg

:cool:

Clank

Hmm
So, Lindsey Stirling is playing a free concert in town, but apparently our local advertising department (of the place that hired her) is rather poor quality.

Man, I'm so excited for Saturday.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Satire is a beautiful thing. This is probably my favourite article about the royal baby announcement.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A big thunderstorm came along while I was out at the shops, and my dog escaped the backyard during it. She has a terrible fear of thunder and lightning (like most dogs, I assume), and becomes a creature of no logic during one. Instead of comfortably staying in the back patio where she would never feel a drop of rain, she squeezes underneath the fence leading into the open front yard, and she wandered streets in hailstorm weather.

A major road with dozens of cars going by every minute is only a few hundred metres away from where I live. Thankfully she headed the other way towards a school, which was releasing students as it was the end of the day. A nice boy found her soaked and rang up the phone number on her collar, alerting me to the presence of my lost dog. I got pretty emotional when I reached them, and could not thank the guy enough. I consider my dog lucky to be alive, and cannot adequately describe the importance of having your details on your (active) pets.

Last edited:

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I have 1 hour and 15 minutes until my night shift at work, I am pretty certain that 20 minutes ago I had 5 hours until work. I really shouldn't have browsed reddit, it makes time disappear:(

That picture has nothing to do with my post...I'm so confused rn

I think the point was that while comparing large groups of people to each other can be helpful, comparing one individual to another almost never is.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I think the point was that while comparing large groups of people to each other can be helpful, comparing one individual to another almost never is.

The point of that picture was the exact opposite of what you described, though.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
The point of that picture was the exact opposite of what you described, though.

At the bottom of the image

Image said:
Now turn those final results into smaller numbers while keeping the ratio the same, so the results become even more ambiguous

"even more" shows that the image is trying to convey that doing what it has shown brings ambiguity and the more you do it the greater the ambiguity. Basically what it seems to be suggesting is that while a sample of 10 men may earn $1,000,000 and 10 women may earn &770,000 that doesn't mean that 10 men necessarily earn $100,000 each or women earn $77,000 each. It could be that 9 men earn $60,000 while one earns $460,000 or whatever combination of male and female earnings you want that adds up to the original total provided. Thus while the original numbers can be helpful, bringing it down to individual numbers is not so much.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
At the bottom of the image

"even more" shows that the image is trying to convey that doing what it has shown brings ambiguity and the more you do it the greater the ambiguity. Basically what it seems to be suggesting is that while a sample of 10 men may earn $1,000,000 and 10 women may earn &770,000 that doesn't mean that 10 men necessarily earn $100,000 each or women earn $77,000 each. It could be that 9 men earn $60,000 while one earns $460,000 or whatever combination of male and female earnings you want that adds up to the original total provided. Thus while the original numbers can be helpful, bringing it down to individual numbers is not so much.

The image still has nothing to do with my post. The image was about placing an imaginary amount of money on each individual. Imaginary numbers aren't helpful, but the image says nothing about how comparing two individuals to each other is faulty. The point of the image was pointing out the faults of taking a large sample and acting as if it is a small sample. It had nothing to do with my post, I was just trying to point that out in an attempt to be funny and to go along with a well known troll to see how he would respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom