• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
What's the purpose of erasable pens?
I mean- we already have pencils. Why not just use them?
Usually if you want to write in pen, or any kind of ink, you want it to be- ya know, more PERMANENT...
What's next? Erasable Sharpie?

The day they start making erasable permanent marker, is the day I eat a hat.

Well golly I’ve got quite a bit on my mind. I think this girl might actually like me but I’m just not that sure you know. I was walking in the park minding my own business I like to just walk in the park. All of a sudden this girl that’s sitting on my favourite wall is giving me a gool ol smile. Maybe she was waiting for me, I sit on that wall a lot… Ah who am I kiddin a girl go after me, that will be the day won’t it fellas gosh.

Perhaps I am being a bit of a..err...meanie, here, but is all of this really forum appropriate? I can't help but think there are better mediums for talking about your suicidal thoughts. As someone who has dealt with severe depression and was minutes away from killing myself at one point, I can say the best thing you can do is talk to your friends in private. Posting it here isn't going to help you much.

I rarely PM people, though. I'd rather post my depressing thoughts in public just so people can see them. I want to be noticed around here more. And if you have a problem with my suicidal thoughts, then just ignore them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magatha

Magatha
This is a change that I just knew was going to happen and I for one disagree with this change. Yes I understand that you want to bring more activity than just the Happy and Unhappy threads, but there were seriously some posts I simply need to keep track of and because this change, it will be hard for me to track considering that means I would have to go through over 400 pages just to respond to a post that was previously made in either the Happy or Unhappy threads. There were several Happy posts that I have been meaning to go back and look to give a "Yeah!" and then there's obviously the Unhappy posts that had suicide or severe depressing thoughts that I now can't track unless I go page by page. To think that I have the potential to skip or look over a suicidal post is beyond my comprehension as suicide is a VERY huge issue and I refuse to look over a single suicidal post. If people can deal with me and my episodes, then the least I can do is be there for them but this change has now ruined that aspect for me.

Not to mention, because of this merge between the three threads, it ironically makes this thread filled unreadable in the sense that the posts were organized based on the time they were posted. We have posts that jump from suicidal thoughts to happy ones and then back to depression. This just makes the change even worse as if one were to look for a post in this thread from just yesterday, I'm sure you would have to go through several pages until you finally reach the midnight posts of the day you are looking. This change didn't need to happen and has created more harm than good.

I agree with Fig. Merging of Happy and Unhappy sure leaves one pretty chaotic end result. Those two threads were pretty much opposites and both had important stuff in them. I mean I know I am barely even active at ZD despite having been here for 4 whole years now, but in those four years, I think having separate threads for negative, positive, and neutral thoughts was one of the best things for General Discussion. It seemed a nice system, organization-wise.

Fig

The Altruist
Should I kill myself or not? I honestly feel like it.

Sis, I beg of you to not do this action upon yourself. I know times may be hard and I'm quite furious that people have made you feel this way, but please don't consider suicide. I would probably never stop crying simply because you would be gone from this world. I care about you so much that I don't know what I would do if I heard news that you were gone. It isn't fair that people are treating you like this just because they are nitpicking attributes that others have. I really dislike the double standard here throughout the community because there could be two members who share even just one attribute and one them gets respect from others while the other gets ridiculed for having that attributed associated with him/her. I am praying that you are feeling much better today because I really care about you sis and I really do hope that things have called down since last night.

Now I got an infraction. This day just keeps getting better. I should just stick around on Tumblr from now on......

This just makes me upset even more not because it affected you, but because you didn't do a darn thing to deserve an infraction. I really don't know how you got an infraction in the first place. If you received an infraction simply for making suicidal posts, then by that people who posted even just one suicidal post be given infraction, specifically me since I was suicidal two years ago and during this past fall semester and people here already know that I have attempted suicide many times so if you got one just for that sis, then either contest the infraction with Vee since she knows you the most or give me my infractions since I have done much worse in terms of suicidal posts than anyone here.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Rejoice, peasants. I received my TA assignment for the semester (Early Modern European Revolutions) and will now be spending even less time around here. You're welcome.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This just makes me upset even more not because it affected you, but because you didn't do a darn thing to deserve an infraction. I really don't know how you got an infraction in the first place. If you received an infraction simply for making suicidal posts, then by that people who posted even just one suicidal post be given infraction, specifically me since I was suicidal two years ago and during this past fall semester and people here already know that I have attempted suicide many times so if you got one just for that sis, then either contest the infraction with Vee since she knows you the most or give me my infractions since I have done much worse in terms of suicidal posts than anyone here.

Ehm Fig Heroine didn't get an infraction. It was a warning

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom