• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

I really dislike it when people try to get away with doing bad things, under the assumption that their actions are only minor and won't have a significant impact on anything. They tend to assume that everyone else is doing the right thing, so their own little 'wrong thing' isn't such a big deal. Little do they consider, they are but one of many people doing that exact same 'wrong thing'. And that contributes to a BIG problem. They have now become a part of the problem.

Reminds me of the customers at work. One customer chucks some corn and leaves the husks all over the place instead of making use of the waste basket we employees provide for him. He does this, thinking he is the only person leaving a small mess. He assumes that all the other customers are using the waste baskets, and therefore it isn't that big of a deal if he leaves a few corn husks behind. Tch. If he only knew that ten other people are going to do the same thing—NOT use the waste baskets and leave "small messes"—which, combined, leaves a huge mess for us to clean up later. His "small mess" contributed to the big mess.

Another example are the carts that customers leave out in the store parking lot. The customer assumes that everyone else is going to return their carts to the corrals, so it won't be so bad if they 'rebelled a bit' and left their own cart there in the parking lot. Well, that isn't the case; fifty other customers are doing the same thing that they're doing—leaving their carts in the parking lot—which contributes to a big problem. By the end of the night, there are carts all over the place, which makes it hard on the baggers. The customer in question contributed to this problem. But oh well, the customers could probably care less, since they're not the ones that have to round them up.

Do the right thing. Don't just assume that everyone else is going to do the right thing. Hell, I could say that it is better to assume that everyone else is not doing the right thing. Don't contribute to the problem.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Mass makes me happy. ^^ When I am with Jesus, I'm like a little kid with her daddy, and when I'm crying He just pats me on the head with a smile and says, "Its okay, I'm here." And I feel like falling asleep in the church! =) That may be because I'm really tired, but I've always felt at peace in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom