• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Well will you look at this.

Almost half of my province is currently dominated by wildfires, and there's hardly a place in which the air isn't smokey and hardly breathable. With a complete lack of rain throughout the past 2 weeks, and high risk of strong winds and lightning storms heading toward my town, there is currently a high wildfire risk in my area. Already, 2 people really close to me have their homes threatened and are on evacuation alert due to a 2500 and 20000 hectare wildfire raging near their respective places of residence. No matter what road you take out of this town, you're going right by an active fire area, so we're right in the middle of it all. With wind steadily getting faster and stronger, the fires spread faster and faster. One small fire starts near my town, which is very possible to happen, and the whole town may need to be evacuated. Seems like the whole province is going to be engulfed in flames soon.

But don't mind me, I'm not worried or anything... >.>

And oh, look what just came on the news! A broken crane is suspending a 2000 ton piece of metal right above a major dam... No worry or anything, I mean it's not like if that thing falls and causes even the tiniest crack in the dam that my entire town will be flooded... Ya, nothing like that... maybe...

Kinda hoping right now that nothing too bad ends up happening anytime soon... In any case, I can tell this is going to be a real fun summer, yey...

Yeesh, and there's some wildfires going on in parts of the US, too. Try to stay safe, alright?

Clank

Hmm
Well will you look at this.

Almost half of my province is currently dominated by wildfires, and there's hardly a place in which the air isn't smokey and hardly breathable. With a complete lack of rain throughout the past 2 weeks, and high risk of strong winds and lightning storms heading toward my town, there is currently a high wildfire risk in my area. Already, 2 people really close to me have their homes threatened and are on evacuation alert due to a 2500 and 20000 hectare wildfire raging near their respective places of residence. No matter what road you take out of this town, you're going right by an active fire area, so we're right in the middle of it all. With wind steadily getting faster and stronger, the fires spread faster and faster. One small fire starts near my town, which is very possible to happen, and the whole town may need to be evacuated. Seems like the whole province is going to be engulfed in flames soon.

But don't mind me, I'm not worried or anything... >.>

And oh, look what just came on the news! A broken crane is suspending a 2000 ton piece of metal right above a major dam... No worry or anything, I mean it's not like if that thing falls and causes even the tiniest crack in the dam that my entire town will be flooded... Ya, nothing like that... maybe...

Kinda hoping right now that nothing too bad ends up happening anytime soon... In any case, I can tell this is going to be a real fun summer, yey...

I would suggest firing your city engineer for their horrible policies (namely issuing a permit to someone that doesn't sound competent). Also, I would suggest getting rid of the people that accept policies that encourage such major wildfires (I'm not even sure I should call it major, around here wildfires a tenth of the size of the small one are major).

Clank

Hmm
But I don't know what I can do around here. There's really nothing I can do to help. :sweat:

Well, there's the obvious stuff like wiki editor, site staff, and article writer. You also have the "role model" ranks, which are usually given out to members that are simply help out new members, make good posts, and are just overall helpful, but these ranks have kind-of been having issues lately.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
But what do I do there?

You edit articles to make them better and more informative, as well as make new articles. I can teach you the basics if you want, but one of the things about wiki editing is that it gets very tedious very fast, so you have to be willing to edit. Another thing I should point out that a rank on here does not do anyone justice. There are tons of people on here without ranks that are some of the greatest people I've ever met, so don't feel compelled that you have to have a rank to feel a part of the community.

You edit articles to make them better and more informative, as well as make new articles. I can teach you the basics if you want, but one of the things about wiki editing is that it gets very tedious very fast, so you have to be willing to edit. Another thing I should point out that a rank on here does not do anyone justice. There are tons of people on here without ranks that are some of the greatest people I've ever met, so don't feel compelled that you have to have a rank to feel a part of the community.

If that's the case, then how come people like CakePan have a rank? I don't think he ever did anything that's exactly helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom